PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to the Rob Gronkowski Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this pick and I already love this guy. Great to see his reaction after he was picked.

Second straight pick to be convincing about being thrilled to be a Pat.

Assuming he checks out medically, I think Gronkowski's the best TE prospect in this draft, Gresham included. I didn't focus on him because of the injury, but IF he's really ok I love the pick.

Thought it might have been a little too early, maybe a pick too early but I am satisfied with it. The guy had a great 2008 season at Arizona. He has a great veteran in Crumpler to learn from and I think he could be a part of the red zone this season. A

Jason Witten/Todd Heep sort of TE, if he can stay healthy he's a tremendous weapon for TB...... I like! :cool:

Jason Witten/Todd Heep sort of TE, if he can stay healthy he's a tremendous weapon for TB...... I like! :cool:

RG is much more of a mauler than Heap and JW.

Last edited:
Back injury has me concerned. That and the fact that he only got on the field for two seasons.

I was hoping we would get this guy when I saw he was available yesterday,hope he's the stud TE we've been looking for the last couple of years...

Even if he sucks everywhere else, his height should make him helpful in the red zone. That means that he's already as useful as Chris Baker ever was for the team, and he's never even put on a Patriots uniform.

Love Gronko's reaction and enthusiasm. anyone know what kind of back injury? I mean did the guy have 5 vertebrae fused together or a knot smoothed out?

I was hoping for a pure pass catching TE, but Gronk will be great for the Pats. He's the TE we've been looking for since we lost Graham.

The medical questions scare the crap out of me. But if all goes well, fantastic pick.

I just hope O' Brien finally figures out TE's are allowed to catch passes occasionally.

Love Gronko's reaction and enthusiasm. anyone know what kind of back injury? I mean did the guy have 5 vertebrae fused together or a knot smoothed out?

He missed a full season, had minimally invasive surgery to shave down a herniated disk that was impinging on a nerve.

(I am parroting as best as I can recall, having no medical knowledge at all.)

I just hope O' Brien finally figures out TE's are allowed to catch passes occasionally.

That would require a change in offensive scheme. It would be interesting if they moved a little away from the spread attack.

Tough kid. Great pick assuming full recovery from back surgery.

Time will tell but the kid seems like a great pick. BB certainly loves drafting TE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes