PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to the Jermaine Cunningham Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice explosion and acceleration out of four point stance, but then I don't know who that RT is that he blew by.

Admittedly he needs to add strength and pass rush moves, but when he decides to go at the QB he doesn't seem to hesitate.

Check this out.

YouTube - 2010 New England Patriots 2nd round pick-Jermaine Cunningham

By the way, this isn't some 240 lb toothpick like Lawson or Crable we hope to pump up, he's 266. Seriously folks, this guy doesn't look like he can get it done?

Last edited:
Ma, we've got to hunt that guy down! It's obvious we got a steal and a tight number would boost this guy into the dominant pass rushing OLB I know he could be.

Of course he's right, Maroney just needs a new number.

I remember the tight number thing. I could swear that "tight" poster changed his user name to Hey Bro!!

Last edited:
By the way, how does Tom Jackson have a job? Was the job description: Needs to be ugly, stupid and inarticulate?

Jackson, talking about a future Outside Linebacker:

"Yeah that's the issue, you address the defensive line, the ends, the tackle Position? :confused::confused::confused:

Totally didn't see it coming. I didn't even bother to check him out. And I hope it's not a case of a guy looking better than he is because he played across from a guy who drew doubleteams.

Besides Gronk's medical stuff (and someone elsewhere did a great job of soothing those fears...thx Chev), Cunningham concerns me the most.

I remember the tight number thing. I could swear that "tight" poster changed his user name to Hey Bro!!

Hmmm.. I think it was the avatar. If not we need a good tight number.

Bro? Hey Bro!

By the way, how does Tom Jackson have a job? Was the job description: Needs to be ugly, stupid and inarticulate?

Jackson, talking about a future Outside Linebacker:

"Yeah that's the issue, you address the defensive line, the ends, the tackle Position? :confused::confused::confused:

TJ seemed all out of wack this weekend. First, his microphone was broken (thank god) and then he kept firing this 4th grade-level shots at Young and Gruden.

Either way, agreed. He needs to go.

TJ seemed all out of wack this weekend. First, his microphone was broken (thank god) and then he kept firing this 4th grade-level shots at Young and Gruden.

Either way, agreed. He needs to go.

At least he didn't get the legal department up in arms and forced to do an on air apology for making a crack at Polish people like Matt Millen

Hahaha Millen you idiot!

Cunningham definitely is a work in progress, and he won't solve all the Pats OLB problems day 1. But I think he's a good prospect to work with and he'll probably be a valuable starter in a year or so.

Totally didn't see it coming. I didn't even bother to check him out. And I hope it's not a case of a guy looking better than he is because he played across from a guy who drew doubleteams.

Besides Gronk's medical stuff (and someone elsewhere did a great job of soothing those fears...thx Chev), Cunningham concerns me the most.

Hey Peachead! My old time favorite draft guy.

I think you made a good point, however the guy seems to make plays. Does he need to add strength and moves, sure.

I guess what I'm seeing, as opposed to these guys with great pass rush highlights, is he makes whatever play is there. When he goes after the QB, he doesn't hesitate.

No evidence of him making the brute physical play, but no evidence of him throwing himself off balance either. I believe we need an OLB, not a one dimensional pass rusher.

[/FONT]
Is that right or did you mean he looks liek he Can get it done ?

I think that was kind of an ironical negative type question.

Like "seriously, after looking at some vids you don't think this guy can get it done?:" or something like that.:confused:

I think that was kind of an ironical negative type question.

Like "seriously, after looking at some vids you don't think this guy can get it done?:" or something like that.:confused:

Yeah ive watched some and i think he can get it done. Ive read a couple of posts saying he wasn't strong enough but i saw him reach out and grab the QB by the collar with one arm and pull him down. And it wasn't like the QB had already lost his balance.

Last edited:
Yeah ive watched some and i think he can get it done. Ive read a couple of posts saying he wasn't strong enough but i saw him reach out and grab the QB by the collar with one arm and pull him down. And it wasn't like the QB had already lost his balance.

He doesn't seem to have that "push the lineman or TE into the quarterback" type of strength. However, if he's carrying 266 comfortably, it seems to me he can add functional muscle.

He doesn't seem to have that "push the lineman or TE into the quarterback" type of strength. However, if he's carrying 266 comfortably, it seems to me he can add functional muscle.
Then he needs to gain some more lower body strength, but still for an olb (i think thats what bb would be looking at, hes pretty big.

Then he needs to gain some more lower body strength, but still for an olb (i think thats what bb would be looking at, hes pretty big.

Didn't we say the same thing about Crable?,Better hope this time we have a guy not made of glass

Didn't we say the same thing about Crable?,Better hope this time we have a guy not made of glass
Crabel was quit a bit lighter than Cunnimham. Cunningham has about 25 more lbs of muscle on Crable and is a lot thicker over all. When i watched cunningham unless the someone got a good block on him he would just push his way past them. I think if he got much bigger it could effect his agillity if he was used as an OLB

Last edited:
I like the pick although there were some other guys available who might have made sense too. But who am I to say when we have BB there. All in all, he seems like an athletic beast who can play some good OLB and be used in good situations.

Crable was 240 lbs, taller, with chicken legs. Cunningham is 6'3" 266.

Saying the same thing in different situations is not the same.

I can't remember who the poster was, but he felt STRONGLY that Kool Aid needed a "tight number," and then was apoplectic that it ended up 39. :rolleyes:

Dudewheresmycar?

Last edited:
I like the pick although there were some other guys available who might have made sense too. But who am I to say when we have BB there. All in all, he seems like an athletic beast who can play some good OLB and be used in good situations.

We shall see. I'm not sure if he does back flips, so that could be a detriment.

Seriously, I wonder if all the hype about chest bumping, sack dancing beasts disguises the fact that a lot of these guys are bustville (Mr. Gholston).

No matter what, it appears Mr. Cunningham knows how to play football, which is what I like.

BTW, he had the same number of sacks as Dunlap (19.5) and 34 tackles for loss, compared to 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back