PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to Taylor Price Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this guy has a big career. Some sarcastic F**k of a journalist tried to make a big deal of the patriots being the only team he worked out for as if to say he isn't worthy of the pick. For that idiot alone I hope Taylor makes it big and hereby apply to become chairperson of the Taylor Price fanclub.

Yours sincerely.
RDW.

His route running is supposed to be superb. If he gets a handle on the playbook, he could make some noise in his rookie year.

I hope this guy has a big career. Some sarcastic F**k of a journalist tried to make a big deal of the patriots being the only team he worked out for as if to say he isn't worthy of the pick. For that idiot alone I hope Taylor makes it big and hereby apply to become chairperson of the Taylor Price fanclub.

Yours sincerely.
RDW.

I like your thinking on this and I will be happy to be the first member of said fanclub!

Last edited:
He is physically similar to Greg Jennings coming out.

Jennings: 5'11", 197, 4.42, 2.60, 1.57, 36.5", 9'09" 4.18 ss, 6.69 3c
Price: 6'0", 204, 4.40 , 2.52, 1.50, 37", 9'06", 4.34 ss, 6.82 3c

Both from the MAC too.

His route running is supposed to be superb. If he gets a handle on the playbook, he could make some noise in his rookie year.

Route running is by far the biggest thing to me when it comes to judging whether a player can be a good WR in the Pats system. It's no guarantee that they will be successful, but if you look back at who has been productive as a Pats receiver they all have the quality of running routes well.

I've got high hopes for Price, I think he could be an instant improvement at 4th WR over Aiken and competing for a starting job in 2011.

Last edited:
Taylor Price was definitely on the radar. I just didn't know which receiver we'd take though. Took a lot of stabs at guessing, but guessed the wrong one. Still he sounds like a good kid with nice speed/quickness and route running ability.

As a bonus Price is taller than most Patriots receivers of the recent past. He breaks the 5'9 mold that most Pats receivers have been in and measures in at a nice 6'1 to go along with 4.4x speed. I'm pretty happy about this selection. He will give Brandon Tate some competition. The Pats have some nice young receivers in Edelman, Price, and Tate.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2314

Last edited:
He is physically similar to Greg Jennings coming out.

Jennings: 5'11", 197, 4.42, 2.60, 1.57, 36.5", 9'09" 4.18 ss, 6.69 3c
Price: 6'0", 204, 4.40 , 2.52, 1.50, 37", 9'06", 4.34 ss, 6.82 3c

Both from the MAC too.

Except Greg Jennings was EXTREMELY productive in college. I never understood how he wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl. Ohhh binkys of old...

I've been a Price fan for the last couple months, but now I'm wondering about his ability to catch the ball with his hands, hand size and hand strength. No doubt he can run a route, but from the highlights I've seen, he doesn't always use his hands to receive the ball and when he does, he seems to juggle it a bit.

On the contrary, Tory Holt has amazing hand size and uses them with great technique to receive the ball. Hope Price can learn a thing from Holt, otherwise us fans will be posting with some disappointment.

No question BB targeted character in the top 3 this year. Not that it means much but none of the draft picks sound like the usual ****y pricks

He seems to be a big, quick, physical receiver with lots of upside.

He had a pretty terrible QB in college, so his stats aren't that great, but he looks like he could get the job done.

But really, this guy could be our number one in the next few years if we get lucky. He definitely has the physical tools to do it, and hes going to be working with Randy Moss and Tory Holt this year, that's an incredible duo to watch and learn from. Not to mention, from what I've read hes done nothing but hard work in college. His coaches loved his work ethic, and he was a good scholar.

Good Work Ethic + decent measurable figures + while being unpolished + the chance to work with Holt/Moss = the potential we get a real star out of this guy, but after the receiver who shall not be named, I'm going to try to not get too excited.

Honestly though if Gronk/Tate/Hernandez (split out wide maybe)/ Price [Assuming they all can adjust to the pro grame] / Welker when hes back could be a nasty receiving corps in the next few years.

Last edited:
On paper it seems like an ok choice... I would have much prefered to have seen them take a wr (Dez Bryant) who can truly make a difference than a guy whose ceiling seems to be a #2 wr.

With WR being such a big weakness I would have taken Bryant with the first pick. I didn't love their first rnd pick.

Dont let the fact he could not even pay attention long enough to learn his COLLEGE offense get in the way of your pipe dream.

He's raw though with big-time physical talents, there's no doubt about that. I defer to the wonderful staff that NE has in uncovering a diamond in the rough.

Though here's a prediction I'm comfortable making: Dez Bryant will be much more productive next year, assuming he stays healthy.

We likely traded out of a spot to let another team grab a player I predict--following Rick Gosselin--will be offensive rookie of the year.

We've done that before. Jerry Rice And it still hurts those of us who have a good memory and are old enough.

It cuts both ways, PatChick. I think a really good test case is the Ravens and Ozzie Newsome. I'm increasingly becoming enamored with his approach: take the best impact player available in the first round.

Quality, not quantity, is what counts most in life. Perhaps in football.

It's interesting to see how we do against them. Running against them? Are you kidding? But do we have the receivers to do what we did a few years ago against the Vikings when they had two dominant huge guys in the interior D-line? The jury's definitely out on that.

I happen to think the Ravens are a better team right now.

He's raw though with big-time physical talents, there's no doubt about that. I defer to the wonderful staff that NE has in uncovering a diamond in the rough.

Though here's a prediction I'm comfortable making: Dez Bryant will be much more productive next year, assuming he stays healthy.

We likely traded out of a spot to let another team grab a player I predict--following Rick Gosselin--will be offensive rookie of the year.

We've done that before. Jerry Rice And it still hurts those of us who have a good memory and are old enough.

It cuts both ways, PatChick. I think a really good test case is the Ravens and Ozzie Newsome. I'm increasingly becoming enamored with his approach: take the best impact player available in the first round.

It's interesting to see how we do against them. Running against them? Are you kidding? But do we have the receivers to do what we did a few years ago against the Vikings when they had two dominant huge guys in the interior D-line? The jury's definitely out on that.

Are you talking about the Ozzie Newsome who traded out of the 1st round this year? Hah! Good example. I'll give you that Dez Bryant will be more productive NEXT year than Taylor Price. Heck, I'll even give you that he'll be more productive every year. But I'm willing to bet he won't win ROY, he won't ever be anywhere in the same league as Randy Moss, and he won't win any Superbowls.

I just find it awesome how you use the Ravens as an example of a team who understands quality is more important than quantity, and how they always take an impact player in the first round, in a draft where they traded out of the first round altogether. How was that any different from the Pats approach?

We have a nice mix now of older, all-pro vets and younguns eager to learn from them.
Moss-deep threat
Holt-intermediate
Welker-underneath

Price-deep threat
Tate-intermediate

Edelman-underneath

Many are underestimating Tate's skills as a WR. He can also be a deep threat down field. Youtube him, he's a great player. Too bad he's had some problems with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back