PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to Taylor Price Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy with Taylor Price. Scouts say a lot about his route running ability and hands. I see him as an extremely safe pick that played against some decent secondaries. I dream of him being the next Tory Holt, so it is good to have Tory Holt on the team to show him how to be a pro.

They say Price was limited by playing with a sub par QB

Ladies and gentlemen - this is the best pick of our draft so far.

Big, tough, fast, smart, great hands - I love him. And if anyone is worried about his numbers, ignore them - he's played in a run offense his entire career, similar to Demaryius Thomas.

I am physched about this pick.

I think Gilyard has some character issues and is the reason he is slipping.

He has no character issues. If you're referring to him sleeping in his career whilst working and studying, then you should re-assess your definitions.

Not bad vs the SEC competition (even if it was just Tennessee).

But goddamn did that kid have to put up with some bad qb play. Training camp will be a once change of pace for him.

I was laughing out loud on the extended segment on bad throws. Awful. Even early on, of his catches -- he beats his man deep (not very) and has to practically stop to wit for the ball.

What comes through to me is the toughness.

I'll have to go seek out more of those Universal Draft videos.

BB's brief comments on Price:
On Taylor Price:

"He played in what I would say was not a good offensive system last year. He certainly showed that he could have a variety of skills as a receiver. He's a big kid, runs well. He shows the ability to play multiple positions -- inside, outside, has the size to block, run after the catch, good hands. He's an interesting player that certainly didn't have a lot of production certainly in part due to the offensive system he was in."

Belichick on second day of the draft - Extra Points - Boston.com

It'll be fun watching BB and co. develop TP; and how can we not love his ability to play multiple positions, including using his size to block!

His run-blocking is a thing of beauty. Nasty nasty nasty.

I like the pick. In the draft game I dropped Price and Roberts in favor of DTs. Yesterday I thought we were going to take Roberts until...anyway I think Taylor can play.

Oh yeah loved the Gronk thing, but the dude doesn't exactly exude intelligence. (Not necessarily a bad thing when your job is to bash into people.)

But honestly listen to that Twitter link if you can. Price sounds very cogent and mature. I'll paste it in a sec.

Here it is:

realpatriots on CinchCast - Patriots WR Taylor Price describes looking fwd to playing in NFL. - 51516

Wheatley sounded great on interviews and how is that working out?

I'm not necessarily a big fan of this pick. He is coming from a non-productive college career and although that may be because of the offensive system he played in or the QB he played with, it's disconcerting that we're taking a flier on a guy based on his physical measurables while there were other recievers still available with more productive college career.

He was quite impressive in his boston media press conference yesterday. Sounds like a really good kid.

I Didn't see anything amazing on his highlight film. One film pointed out his blocking, yet everyone of his "highlights" ended with his guy making the tackle. Granted that his block added about 5 yards more to the run, but he looks lazy in his blocking, and gives up on them fairly quick, and he's not driving the block, he's just staying in front up the guy, making sure he doesn't have a clear tackle. I want to see them driving the block, and making space... In the NFL, you have to stay on your block until the whistle.

On of the highlights said "QB threw high and behind him", to me it was a bad throw, but it hit him in the hands... you catch those, not every ball is a perfectly placed throw.

I reserve judgment, I hope he becomes what Givens was... but based on what I saw of his highlight film, he looked pretty average for a college WR, and in the NFL, I just don't know.

Of course, there is always room to surprise me.

Last edited:
Wheatley sounded great on interviews and how is that working out?

I'm not necessarily a big fan of this pick. He is coming from a non-productive college career and although that may be because of the offensive system he played in or the QB he played with, it's disconcerting that we're taking a flier on a guy based on his physical measurables while there were other recievers still available with more productive college career.

Agreed. I qualified it earlier as baseless knee-jerk opinion but lets just say he sounds like someone who can learn a playbook which is a step upf or us.

But I really wanted Shipley or Tate. When Shipley still there late third I was hoping we'd trade up for him. I think he is most NFL ready and would be perfect in the GAffney Role

For those that wanted Gilyard over Price:
I had read somewhere before the draft that Gilyard is a terrible practice player, but turns it on in games. Does that sound like a BB type player? I think either ESPN or the NFLN said about the same thing after Gilyard was drafted. No doubt he can move, but do the Patriots(who apparently had a bad locker room last year) really want a player that isnt used to praticing hard?
I think Price has good acceleration but mabye not so good lateral movement, so mabye he excels with dig routes till he gets better?

Oh come on. If you're a Pats fan, you have to love the Gronk celebration. Not only was he pumped to be a Patriot, but he also seemed to enjoy pissing the Jets fans off.

:rocker:

I missed this. What happened? Is there video/audio of it?

I missed this. What happened? Is there video/audio of it?

Bottom of page 3 of the "Gronkowski reaction" thread. If you can find him and his brother butting heads with their helmets on in the green room check that one out too. Great stuff. Sorry Taylor.

I've seen this guy being called a David Givens type of reciever. If so, terrific.

I've seen this guy being called a David Givens type of reciever. If so, terrific.

One draft publication has him as a Johnny Knox of the Bears clone.

Price reminds me a little of David Givens
I would have taken the Mitchell guy from USF instead. He's a big receiver at 6'3 with good speed who can run long routes which is what we need

I hope this guy has a big career. Some sarcastic F**k of a journalist tried to make a big deal of the patriots being the only team he worked out for as if to say he isn't worthy of the pick. For that idiot alone I hope Taylor makes it big and hereby apply to become chairperson of the Taylor Price fanclub.

Yours sincerely.
RDW.

Kinda liked Mardy Gilyard more, seems like another guy the Pats will try to be a deep threat, how have those worked out?
see Johnson, Bethel
and
Jackson, Chad

Gillyard dropped passes. This Price has great hands. Also Price weighs more, is taller, and is faster than Gilyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back