PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions To Kraft 's Presser Dropping the Fight.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Kraftt step down?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has willing accepted the brand of cheater
Yes as long as this spineless piece of SH!t can make MORE REVENUE he would sell his soul....and already has.....my days as a pats fan may be coming to an end if this weasel is still the owner come start of season.....shameful

Had some time to calm down. I think I am more upset with myself for actually believing Kraft would fight this. I let myself think Kraft might be different then most owners. He is not, and really it is not that surprising in hindsight. Owners care more about the bottom line and themselves first and fore most. And that is probably why most are where they are.

Still will root for the Pats, and Kraft is just added to the owners I dislike of the teams I love...

..Can't believe Kraft sold out that bad so publicly, not even a word of support for Tom in that speech either. Ugh.

giphy.gif

Iam pissed that kraft didn't even make the league investigate its own process wrt to the leaks and kensil. Not only he took the punishment but also validated everything the nfl did as right :(

I think I’m more bothered by the way Kraft gave up the fight than the fact he gave up the fight. He might have said that taking the NFL to court would have been fruitless, which it probably would have been given the fact that the NFL’s constitution contains about as clear a waiver of the right to sue by the contracting parties as you’ll ever see. But he could have criticized the Wells Report and the preposterously excessive nature of the penalties that the league imposed.

Of course, Kraft would have had to pay a hefty fine for these comments, as the NFL prohibits its owners from engaging in public criticism of the league. But why not take the hit for the sake of your team’s fans—people who’ve made you a billionaire? Why did he instead have to say that he respected Goodell and believed Goodell was doing what Goodell believed was in the best interest of the NFL? Why in God’s name did he have to defend Goodell at this press conference?

Finally, one thing that really sticks in my craw is the point he made about Patriots fans and fans of other teams being on polar opposite sides of this issue, as if the opinions of Patriots fans, who have read the Wells Report, the Exponent Report, and the Patriots’ response have equal value with the opinions of people who know little more about the issue than that an allegation was made against the Patriots and the league found them guilty. Kraft suggests that he is doing this to end the acrimony. But the taunts from opposing fans and anti-Patriots local media will come flying in stronger than ever. Kraft’s performance merely demoralizes the Patriots’ own fans from returning fire.

Today Robert Kraft defined the Patriot way.
When you are in a battle, when you have right on your side, when the odds are against you, you have 2 choices extend it or end it. The Patriot way is to quit.

I think I’m more bothered by the way Kraft gave up the fight than the fact he gave up the fight. He might have said that taking the NFL to court would have been fruitless, which it probably would have been given the fact that the NFL’s constitution contains about as clear a waiver of the right to sue by the contracting parties as you’ll ever see. But he could have criticized the Wells Report and the preposterously excessive nature of the penalties that the league imposed.

Of course, Kraft would have had to pay a hefty fine for these comments, as the NFL prohibits its owners from engaging in public criticism of the league. But why not take the hit for the sake of your team’s fans—people who’ve made you a billionaire? Why did he instead have to say that he respected Goodell and believed Goodell was doing what Goodell believed was in the best interest of the NFL? Why in God’s name did he have to defend Goodell at this press conference?

I regret that I have but one "Winner" badge to give this post.

I was surprised when there was word Kraft was thinking about taking nfl to court..based on 2007 I was like...mAybe he changed? But he hasn't.

I'm sure many of you were not fans during the bad years. That said, Kraft bought this team and rescued it from being moved to St. Louis. Like I said, many of you probably didnt know that. Under his watch the Pats have won 4 Super Bowls. This thread shows how moronic and out of touch with reality the Pats fan base really is. Wait till you have a different owner let's see how you'll feel at that point.

I see so many posts of so called "fans" saying they are no longer going to follow the team. You know before parcells you couldn't give a patriot ticket away. And i guess it would be history repeating itself. Here's to being a bandwagon fan!

Last edited:
Today Robert Kraft defined the Patriot way.
When you are in a battle, when you have right on your side, when the odds are against you, you have 2 choices extend it or end it. The Patriot way is to quit.

When it looked like we were going to lose it all...a hero that refused to accept defeat stepped up and made the play. Malcolm Butler is no quitter. Bob Kraft on the other hand is.

I'm sure many of you were not fans during the bad years. That said, Kraft bought this team and rescued it from being moved to St. Louis. Like I said, many of you probably didnt know that. Under his watch the Pats have won 4 Super Bowls. This thread shows how moronic and out of touch with reality the Pats fan base really is. Wait till you have a different owner let's see how you'll feel at that point.

I see so many posts of so called "fans" saying they are no longer going to follow the team. You know before parcells you couldn't give a patriot ticket away. And i guess it would be history repeating itself. Here's to being a bandwagon fan!

I've been following this team since the 70's, and plenty of others here have been doing it for even longer. You're not any more of a "fan" than most people here, and the notion that the people here are out of touch, when we soak in the football, is ridiculous.

I think you have that backwards, its the bandwagon fans that are here for the wins.
I was a fan before Kraft, and today is the first time I ever felt ashamed of it. We either cheated, Or Kraft is going to walk into a room and tell BB and Brady their careers aren't worth fighting for. Either way... its disgusting and not something I want to be a fan of.

When the other teams need help I hope BB tells them to suck a **** next time. BB goes out of his way to stick up for his buddies and this is how they repay him? Really Atlanta and Baltimore nobody gave a ****? I still don't get how BB considers Ozzie and the Ravens friends. **** em.

Anyone have a bootleg copy of 3 Games To Glory?
I was going to buy it from the Pro Shop but..yeah

Kraft bungled this worse then Goodell. He should have appealed - and just kept his mouth shut. His speech did him so much harm. A big part of owning a team is feeling like a local hero. Now he is persona non-grata in NE with a ton of fans. Did he thinking he was helping his cause with the 'I wanna feel like ones of the boys stuff?'. He should fire his publicist if he has one..<g>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes