PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions To Kraft 's Presser Dropping the Fight.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Kraftt step down?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That's where you're wrong. You are the one who is being asinine and assuming you know what I am thinking. No where did I say that "everyone" is approaching it this way.

Do yourself a favor and bow out now since you can't be bothered to talk without making assumptions about what others are saying.
Cool down buddy. You do the same since youre making simular assumptions towards me.

I wonder if somewhere in this great country of ours is a person that could do godells job as good as he for lets say 5m ?
I think the harder question would be is there anyone who could do worse?

Maybe there's more to it. Certainly Kraft has earned the benefit of the doubt over the years.

But today feels worse than 18-1. At least then, we left it all on the field instead of picking up our ball and running home at halftime.

No it doesn't. Come on man. Kraft decided he's backing down. The team did not lose a game on the field. The team did not even lose a pre-season game on the field.

Your first sentence was good to see, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Feh.

Kraft probably made a deal with goodell because goodell doesnt want to go to court with brady's appeal and assured him a 1 game suspension if kraft backed out. Now if brady is in on the deal and agrees to it is another thing. I hope not.
Kraft made no deal with Goodell. Kraft bent over, took his paddling and asked for more. I'm surprised Kraft didn't offer three more draft picks to Goodell

I'm tired of the Pats always being the ones to bend over for the common good.
Since we are such good sports, I expect next season we will get week 1 off and start 0-1.

The worse part is Kraft has announced it's open season on the Pats. Everyone will be accusing the Pats of cheating for anything - the temp in the visitors locker room is too hot or cold, too much traffic into Gillette, Pats warmed up two minutes longer than the other team, and anything else one could dream up. No evidence, proof, advantage will need to be shown and each time Goodell will be taking draft picks away. The Pats may never get to make another draft pick.

I think the problem is that too many people take all of this to serious. Its a business unfortunately and a lot of times money trumps principals. In any business.

The key is to just understand that. Nobody has to respect the guy, but for fans to turn against the team would give all the other 32 teams and all their fans exactly what they want. You have to think of them as terrorists. They are trying to get you to change your lifestyle. Dont let them do it by giving them what they want.

Just realize that BK is a businessman, this is a business and you are a customer.
WE!!! Are his money. Where do you think it comes from.? A good business mans kills his income? This will hurt him financially. And I will do my part. I'm pissed!!!!!!!!

As I have stated in many replies on this topic across several threads, Kraft gave what was discussed behind closed doors away. Didn't you hear him mention collectivism over individualism? (He did not mention individualism per se, but collectivism was mentioned; individualism assumed via context.) Now, how is this same theme being played out in other areas (e.g. education, work et al)?

All of these entertainment organisations (e.g. NFL, MLB, NHL NBA) work to push the same agenda(s). And they love to make examples (of high profile people) that will be used to condition the masses. (They can't beat it. How will you.) The bottom line is: Kraft came out of a meeting and babbled about collectivism over individualism. Very significant. FYI: this has nothing to do with football per se, but it does exemplify, once again, that all these orgs push the same agenda(s). If it's not Cub Scouts, it is the NBA and/or the NFL.

Personally, it is my greatest hope that people understand the importance of the individual in regards to humanity and human development and how/why collectivism works into this scenario. I'm not sure Kraft does. However, it didn't take much to get him on (their) track.

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but being at work I don't have time to go through all 36 pages.

Anyway my point. The Patriots 'legacy' has taken some heavy hits and arguably Krafts latest capitulation is the heaviest hit of them all, an admission of guilt. The man seems so worried about public perception and looking good to the other 31 owners, the commish and other fans of the league, but really it's too late, the damage was done once this whole thing surfaced. No one outside was going to commend Kraft, they're were just going to call him a cheat.

The only people left in Krafts corner were the people of New England and those that support the Patriots and he's ended up laying a **** on our heads. Had Kraft fought this, even knowing he'd lose the battle he still would of come out a winner in the eyes of all of us. Now he's ready to be tarred and feathered and run out of Foxborough. By laying down he's also ruined his legacy in New England and has no friends left, except maybe Rodge.

To me it seems like he just doesn't care. Doesn't care about Tom or Bill, or most importantly us fans.

WE!!! Are his money. Where do you think it comes from.? A good business mans kills his income? This will hurt him financially. And I will do my part. I'm pissed!!!!!!!!

Well if you read my post you would see that I clearly pointed out that WE are the customer. So if you want to send a message, stop being a customer.

Why would you need to ask me where Krafts money come from when my post clearly indicated it?

No it doesn't. Come on man. Kraft decided he's backing down. The team did not lose a game on the field. The team did not even lose a pre-season game on the field.

Your first sentence was good to see, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Feh.

No offense, but I don't think you get to tell me how I should feel. Maybe you feel differently, and I respect that. But that doesn't make my earlier statement incorrect. It's how I feel.

After 18-1, I was obviously upset. But I never questioned being a Patriots fan. I never once considered not watching another game or no longer following football. I didn't want to throw out my Patriots gear.

I feel all those things after the last few months of leaks, ******** pseudo-science, moronic agenda-driven reports, and the ridiculous parade of criticism against Tom Brady as Kraft has done next to nothing in defense. Several times, he's talked tough, but when it came time to walk the walk, he wouldn't.

Losing to the Giants was awful, but not entirely unexpected. Everyone seems to think we should have won that game easily, somehow forgetting the second half of that season was a lot closer than the first. We barely squeaked by the 8-8 Eagles and the 5-11 Ravens, and the Giants almost beat us in the finale. We struggled to put away a hobbled Chargers team in the play-offs. We didn't play our best game, but we competed to the end. Brady did all he could to bring us the lead late but we just couldn't hold on.

But we fought that day, while today, Kraft couldn't even take a swing. I don't care whether we can win or not, I don't care what the odds look like, or what anyone else says about your chances. You fight the fight, you do your best, and when the day is done, you can hold your head up high knowing you gave it your all and you live with no regret. It's what this team has always done, and sometimes you still lose like when they fought back down 31-3 to the 49ers a few years ago. And sometimes you pull off a shocking upset like the 1st Super Bowl win over the Rams. But you fight. You compete. You do your best. No matter what.

Kraft threw in the towel before the fight even began. That's what makes this worse to me. I can deal with losing. I can't deal with not even trying.

Okay. You feel how you feel. I can respect that. This didn't make me want to throw out anything... It made me wish there was still a shot at getting back the picks. That's most of what I feel right now about this.

Last edited:
Okay. You feel how you feel.

tumblr_inline_no9o0tljys1qaw7dt_500.gif

Sorry, I'm having a day...

Yeah I edited my reply, seriously, it is up to each of us how we react. I've had a bunch of real life ups/downs lately... Don't have the energy for the "downs" made by the media... & my Pats? They're still an oasis.

Bob Kraft has shown over and over that he is A GUTLESS COWARD and has been a buttboy for Roger Goodell and every other accuser disputing the Patriots greatness. He is anEMBARRASSMENT and should be ashamed of himself!!! Maya must be rolling over in her grave......Surely she MUST HAVE HAD THE BALLS in that relationship ....because from all reports....she didn't take any SH!t......Jellyfish Kraft just basically said to the world...."yeah ok...you got us....we admit it....we cheated against the colts ....despite blowing them out and the fact that SEVERAL of the TDS in that blowout.....CAME ON THE FCKING RUNNING GAME....where the ball psi had NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER.....anyways....we are guilty". Because old moneybags has BILLIONS ....and because he is IN BED WITH GOODELL and the other owners and will SELL HIS SOLE TO THE BLEEPING DEVIL to make even MORE money....He is peachy with selling all of us, his coaches, team, AND THE REASON WHY THAT SPINELESS PRICK HAS ALL THOSE TROPHIES....and even more money than almost anyone....because of a MR TOM FCKING BRADY ....the GREATEST QB of all time.....and now you throw Tom under the bus and TURN your fat back on him?!

After EVERYTHING this guy has done for this franchise...restructuring his contract practically annually to HELP YOU AND YOUR FCKING TEAM.....and this is how you treat and repay him? You are an embarrassment and should be ashamed Bob..,.please sell the company...because as hard as it is to imagine....Jonathan is even MORE OF A ****Y.......dark day in the history of the New England Patriots.....

See ya.

I gave up the Red Sox a decade or more ago. And never came back.

I hope Kraft sells the team ASAP.

He is the worst.

No offense, but I don't think you get to tell me how I should feel. Maybe you feel differently, and I respect that. But that doesn't make my earlier statement incorrect. It's how I feel.

After 18-1, I was obviously upset. But I never questioned being a Patriots fan. I never once considered not watching another game or no longer following football. I didn't want to throw out my Patriots gear.

I feel all those things after the last few months of leaks, ******** pseudo-science, moronic agenda-driven reports, and the ridiculous parade of criticism against Tom Brady as Kraft has done next to nothing in defense. Several times, he's talked tough, but when it came time to walk the walk, he wouldn't.

Losing to the Giants was awful, but not entirely unexpected. Everyone seems to think we should have won that game easily, somehow forgetting the second half of that season was a lot closer than the first. We barely squeaked by the 8-8 Eagles and the 5-11 Ravens, and the Giants almost beat us in the finale. We struggled to put away a hobbled Chargers team in the play-offs. We didn't play our best game, but we competed to the end. Brady did all he could to bring us the lead late but we just couldn't hold on.

But we fought that day, while today, Kraft couldn't even take a swing. I don't care whether we can win or not, I don't care what the odds look like, or what anyone else says about your chances. You fight the fight, you do your best, and when the day is done, you can hold your head up high knowing you gave it your all and you live with no regret. It's what this team has always done, and sometimes you still lose like when they fought back down 31-3 to the 49ers a few years ago. And sometimes you pull off a shocking upset like the 1st Super Bowl win over the Rams. But you fight. You compete. You do your best. No matter what.

Kraft threw in the towel before the fight even began. That's what makes this worse to me. I can deal with losing. I can't deal with not even trying.

Agreed, I'll never be mad at my team for trying and falling short. SB42 sucked, but our guys fought hard and they lost. It happens. Any fan who would question their fanhood over that isn't really a fan at all.

This is way, way different. This is worse than all three Super Bowl losses that I've been a fan for combined, because we didn't just lose the fight; our team's owner elected not to show up. He endorsed his team getting bent over and its legacy being wrecked because he didn't want to rock the boat with his 31 billionaire buddies even after they all collectively shanked him. Bob Kraft basically ruined the Patriots for me, and there's no level of ineptitude that they could have displayed on the field that would have done that. They could've gone 0-16 for three straight seasons and they'd still be my team. But after this, how can they be?

Can you still support a team while flatly despising its owner? A bunch of Redskins and Clippers fans would say yes, I guess, but I just don't see how that can be the case. I could maybe get past a general dislike for the owner, but dislike doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about Kraft after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes