PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to BB/Shannon Sharpe critic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Tony Dungy’s conference title game analysis, early Super Bowl pick | The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

Dungy talked about Bill Belichick not doing an interview with CBS after the game. He said that Belichick did what he was required to do, and that doesn’t make him a poor loser. “He’s got quirky ways when he wins, too,” Dungy said.

Dungy said that Belichick was more gracious when the Patriots lost to the Colts then when they won. When they won, Belichick didn’t say much.

of course Bob Costas loves BB

Costas praised Shannon Sharpe for criticizing Bill Belichick. “You don’t have to act the way he acts so often,” Costas said. “Treating people with disdain and content. Part of that job is to do that postgame interview.”

surprising patrick ripped sharpe for calling BB and not calling his own brother when he played or when jim harbaugh snubbs the media.

Maybe Belichick is so not used to losing in the postseason that he didn't realize he was supposed to give an exit interview. I mean it's only been two Super Bowls, two AFC Championship games, and three divisional playoff games he's lost in the past eight years. Maybe he'll remember the next time.

Really, what's it gonna hurt Belichick to give that interview. Every losing coach does it. Does he think he is he too good for that interview?

Maybe Belichick is so not used to losing in the postseason that he didn't realize he was supposed to give an exit interview. I mean it's only been two Super Bowls, two AFC Championship games, and three divisional playoff games he's lost in the past eight years. Maybe he'll remember the next time.

Really, what's it gonna hurt Belichick to give that interview. Every losing coach does it. Does he think he is he too good for that interview?

he did his mandatory press conference afterwards. i dont think i can remember a 1on1 TV interview with BB right after a game, win or lose

I don't like that Belichick looks like an arse when he loses (or wins for that matter), but who cares? Jim Harbaugh blew off Fox yesterday for a post game interview. Where is the outrage there? I can't remember, but I heard on the radio this morning that John Harbaugh blew off CBS last year without any outrage.

Did give in 2006 and remember boomer ripped him for not saying anything looking not wanting to be there ? I have no problems with this crap. He didnt disrespect tasker, he didnt want to talk. Manning refused last week , why no outcry ?

It goes both ways though. What's the point of interviewing him? If you just lose, the last thing you want is someone shoving a mic in your face and asking what's wrong. His job is to coach the New England Patriots, not to do the media's little song and dance.

And not every coach does these stupid post game interviews. But Belichick is the only one they talk about it with because they despise him.

Bill Belichick ripped by Shannon Sharpe for CBS snub - NFL.com

Sharpe's outrage is a bit overstated. Would he be irritated if Mike Smith didn't talk to FOX after the loss?

Belichick did face the media at the podium, a task which he is contractually obligated to perform. Had he skipped that session, then he would be open to ridicule.

Sharpe might be right that it's easy to root against the Patriots, but not because we missed out on Belichick mumbling his way through another interview.

The hatred is in the air! Jealousy at it's finest, people are just upset that the Pats are a model franchise.

And forgive me but would you really want some idiot like Steve Tasker asking questions like, "Bill, why did you guys lose today?" when the clear answer is, "I have no idea, if I knew we wouldn't have lost." CBS and Sharpe is just a little butthurt that they didn't get to question the most known coach in the league. No one knows what Sharpe is saying half the time and he is probably still a little pissed off that his butt buddy Peyton lost last week.

If horse mouth Sharpe is upset, than someone on our team is doing something right. Entitled, Big Headed Media like him are the reason I don't watch most sports entertainment shows like anything on ESPN or pre/post game stuff. Sometimes I wish we were an NFC team, I find the Fox team much more tolerable.

How him and Sterling can be brothers I will never understand.

I wish someone would step on that yappy twerp Costas and smash him.

This morning people were ripping Brady for running off the field.

Not a peep about Manning running off it last week.

Costas said. “.... Part of that job is to do that postgame interview.”

What the hell does Costas know? The first part of Belichick's job is to coach his team. It is the end of the Patriots season, and Belichick *is* *entitled* to tie things up with his staff and team in the locker room immediately after the game.

If Costas feels that the media's need for a soundbite trumps Belichick's Football duties to the Patriots org, then Costas ought to check his self-righteousness in the mirror.

Demanding an interview immediately after the game is no different than butting in on a private conversation and getting miffed when reminded that you're interrupting. There's already a time, place, and protocol for media interaction as defined by the NFL.

As for "Sportsmanship": that already took place at midfield between the players and coaches. Must we remind that the media they were NOT playing in the game, and therefore granting interviews with non-competitors has nothing to do with sportsmanship.

Lastly, considering the kinds of questions the media asks during conferences, they give the impression they're too stupid to understand the game. If they want to know if losing Talib forced adjustments, then they should examine the film. Why do they need Belichick to do their job for them?

As far as I see it: Belichick is doing his job. If the media can't do theirs, then too bad for the media. Don't blame someone else for your own deficiencies.

One last shot by Sharpe before CBS kicks him out of that seat and plugs in Tony Gonzales. Buh-bye.

One last shot by Sharpe before CBS kicks him out of that seat and plugs in Tony Gonzales. Buh-bye.

My exact same thought. My only thing is when CBS does their 5 hours or whatever it is pregame i'm guessing they will address this again just to fill some time.

Only reason this is news is because its BB. The comments on PFT are horrible which shows the hate towards him and the team. BB doesnt help himself by coming out and defending/addressing these things because he frankly doesnt care.

I don't see the outcry over this. It's just Belichick being Belichick. It's not a whole lot different than how he is after a win.

This stupid @$$ story is the reason BB doesn't do some interviews. He's been thrown under the bus by so many mediots that he has total disdain for them. Shannon Sharpe?, Bill could care less what he thinks. The owner of CBS was in Krafts booth. Sharpe may be the one looking like a Jack hole. And I'm sure his remarks will further build BB's disdain for these attention whores.

Only reason this is news is because its BB. The comments on PFT are horrible which shows the hate towards him and the team. BB doesnt help himself by coming out and defending/addressing these things because he frankly doesnt care.

You read the comments on PFT? What's the point? By and large, it's the dregs of society on there. Especially a day like today. People like to kick us when we're down, don't waste your time on there.

Does anyone else find it ironic that Shannon ******ing Sharpe is lecturing ANYONE on good sportsmanship?

If Marshal Faulk were not 10 times more biased, Sharpe would be my least favorite commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes