PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to Aaron Hernandez Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday I thought the pats would go with 2 TEs, and they could still cut Crumpler (ala marcus pollard), but Hernadez should step in and do well. He's the next David thomas or Christian fauria. I dont know if we can go into the season with 6 WRs, 5 RBs, and 3 TEs tho.

If he's the next anyone, he's the next Kevin Faulk. There's no comparison between him and David Thomas. Hernandez, if he plays at the pro level as he did in college, is much more athletic and talented.

Last edited:
If he's the next anyone, he's the next Kevin Faulk. There's no comparison between him and David Thomas. Hernandez, if he plays at the pro level as he did in college, is much more athletic and talented.

The comparison I meant was how he fits in the team. Right now, he's the pass catching 3rd TE that Thomas and Fauria. Unless you think he's more like Watson?

Don't forget about the cuts that will occur as teams are fine tuning their rosters. There's always a chance of a FB pick-up there.

Well, the draft is over and he was, indeed, the closest thing to a fullback that the team drafted.

Oh, well.

The comparison I meant was how he fits in the team. Right now, he's the pass catching 3rd TE that Thomas and Fauria. Unless you think he's more like Watson?

I think he'll be the perfect underneath compliment to Welker, and take the pressure off Welker in that anyone who wants to sit underneath to nail Welker will get torched by Hernandez. This all the more important because no matter which way we want to spin it, Welker will not be the Welker of old.

Hernandez can play split wide, coming out of the backfield or out of the slot. He won't be our third TE simply because he won't be used in the same way Crumpler and Gronk will. We have added an athletically gifted pass catcher who will be used everywhere in the field to create mismatches.

I like the TE situation better with two more fresh players, particularly these two. The three in the mix should give the team a different look; lots more options. Hernandez is supposed to be the better catcher; Grons can block and add that reach factor. If the latter stays healthy and learns to use that big frame well, he'll enjoy a very healthy relationship with his QB.

Between these three, there can be a lot of different looks here, particularly if a few of the WR prospects step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back