PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions over on Ravens board LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment offended you?

Truly one of the softest boards in the league.

This board's going to the Super Bowl. Your board's season is over. :p

Imagine we could be hoisting the Lombardi in your home stadium ... oh so sweet. :D:D:D

This board's going to the Super Bowl. Your board's season is over. :p

Yeah, but as a fan base, you guys are soft. Very thin-skinned, considering all of the success.

Right before the Field Goal I told my wife "We're going into overtime. I hope we get the ball first."

she responded by saying, "We might block the kick."

I said, "That's less than a 1% chance and missing at this close of range is probably less than 3%....looks like overtime."

I feel ok about being wrong :D.

Not only that but I'm also running through the nightmare scenario of what if we had called a timeout to ice the kicker right before it sailed wide right. So much can go wring, so much DID go wrong for us. This feels like a dream.

They are such a formidable opponent.

Jeezus you just about gave me heart failure.

Yeah, I'm definitely going the root of enjoying my feeling as a Patriots fan tonight, and not celebrating Ravens fans' misery. We were so close to a devastating loss here, and we've had enough of those in the playoffs (yeah, I know: 'First World Problem.") And I don't care what the Ravens did here in 09 after winning or the Jets last year. I just want to enjoy this win and this team for two more weeks.

You really got me with your post.
Just ruined my night. The Pats superbowl is now an after thought.

The whole city of Baltimore is on suicide watch.

What else do we have to look forward to, the end has came.

Go Orioles.

Yeah, but as a fan base, you guys are soft. Very thin-skinned, considering all of the success.

We're not soft. We just know how to win and don't accept less. We're also happy to play all versions of the disrespect card.

That way, we don't have to troll other team's boards with lame comments after an AFCCG. ;)

Last edited:
I feel for Ravens fans tonight. I can't take pleasure in their misery. This has to be a gut wrenching loss tonight. The Ravens played gutty today.

Obviously with a few exceptions who don't know how to lose gracefully.

Last edited:
Jeezus you just about gave me heart failure.

Yeah, I'm definitely going the root of enjoying my feeling as a Patriots fan tonight, and not celebrating Ravens fans' misery. We were so close to a devastating loss here, and we've had enough of those in the playoffs (yeah, I know: 'First World Problem.") And I don't care what the Ravens did here in 09 after winning or the Jets last year. I just want to enjoy this win and this team for two more weeks.

Honestly, I believe the coaches didn't want to waste a timeout on a clear chip shot and were already thinking about overtime. Icing the kicker is an overrated concept anyway.

I feel for Ravens fans tonight. I can't take pleasure in their misery. This has to be a gut wrenching loss tonight. The Ravens played gutty today.

While we say this, they are calling us pricks and a-holes.
I'm glad they lost.

Last edited:

I totally agree ... i mean we've been there but not so suddenly ... our disasters took some time in the game. They played well, Flacco showed he is a top QB today and he should be treated that way. Ray Lewis was a beast out there ... Suggs and Reed less so. They will be back next year right to the end.

We've had too many heart breaking losses recently, I can't laugh at them. if that was us I'd want to jump off a bridge right now.

Honestly, I'm just glad we won. I'm not interested in gloating or any other sort of disrespecting the opponent. They are a terrific team and we were fortunate to win. But, we did, and good teams are lucky more often than not.

I'm sure this board would have been all mellow if Lee Evans hang onto the catch.

But he DIDNT! And our kicker MADE his kicks when called upon.

Why gloat about another teams misery when the Pats are going to the SB? I do feel somewhat bad for Ray Lewis, suggs, and Reed, but at the end of the day the Pats made more plays. However, if Evans hold on, it could have been them gloating about our misery.

Honestly, I'm just glad we won. I'm not interested in gloating or any other sort of disrespecting the opponent. They are a terrific team and we were fortunate to win. But, we did, and good teams are lucky more often than not.

Winners win. Then they shut up and prepare for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back