PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re: I have a deal for some of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrellbee

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NEM - Re: I have a deal for some of you...
Many of you disagree with my stance on the play calling of Josh McDaniels. Many have said that the wide receivers and the quarterback havent had enough time to know each other.

So, if that is correct, then with the two week layoff, the opportunity for them to get to know each other better, to practice together, to learn plays together, to listen and learn together, as well as to possibly heal some of the minor injuries that have kept them off the field for some games....

Assuming that all of this will end now, because they have had more time together, and that we should have all the WR's available as well as the two/three tight ends, and even some of the banged up offensive linemen...

Here's the deal.

If the offense sputters again, and believe me this is NOT what I want to see happen, but if it does, and there are no excuses left to cover up for the poor play calling, then will you agree that the problem, in all probability, lies with Josh McDaniels and not the players, or the players not knowing one another?

On the other hand, if the offense moves the ball well, in the manner that I think they can, with inside passing routes, some screens thrown in, some play action passes... maybe even a deep post, and a running game that is not forced into defenses that are geared to stop the run..... then I will not say one more word, the rest of the season, about Josh McDaniels.

Fair deal??????

Thank you Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick, and all of the other coaches. And especially thank you to Tom Brady and the receivers. It will be SOOO wonderful to not have to hear all of the critiques of the playbook and play calling for the rest of the season. It doesn't get any better than that.

You can't have much more of a balanced offensive day than this:
27 rushing downs
27 passing downs to 7 different receivers.
...5 to Watson and 5 to Caldwell for the folks wondering when those receivers were going to show up.

2 rushing TDs by Dillon for those folks who thought he was washed up
2 passing TDs by the somewhat maligned Jackson and Gabriel

Well scripted first drive of the game for a TD.

Oh my, oh my. Life is good. Oh, heck. Make that "Life is Great".

NEM had this to say in another thread today about his so called "deal" (Which btw if you ever believed him your a fool)

Read that post again. I , specifically said that if they throw in some play action....

Ceresco said:
NEM had this to say in another thread today about his so called "deal" (Which btw if you ever believed him your a fool)

You really need to stop with the personal attacks (example: any FACTS will be considered a personal attack ):bricks:

I love a fairy tale before bed, and NEM's promises are lacking only the sprinkle of fairy dust.

Thanks for the enforcement thread bee, it will probably turn into a ugly standoff in a fortified Vine.

People of Arizona, you face a dangerous situation, and it isn't Denny Green, yet. Flee for your lives and sanity while you can.

NEM said:
I assume you have nothing better to do than be a troublemaker.
:rofl: :rofl: Mommy, make it stop! :rofl:

Box_O_Rocks said:
:rofl: :rofl: Mommy, make it stop! :rofl:

I like this one better,

Originally Posted by NEM,

Just what this forum needed posted here, a post with no purpose

:rofl:

Last edited:
NEM said:
This thread was a joke, and totally out lf line and not necessary.
Do you truly not see how ironic and hypocritical this statement was?

No, with your "always the truth" mantra I would guess not, since you often have blinders on and redefine "the truth" to be whatever you want it to be.

You guys need to lay off and grow up. Newbies picking this nonsense with a hall of fame old-timer like NEM is the lowest of the low. Cut it with the personal stuff. Your actions just demean a site you've already tainted enough with kneejerk chicken-little-ing.

Who's the newbie? Everyone in the thread has been on the board for a solid year at least. There was one overreaction in this thread, and it wasn't by a newbie.

If I really wanted to stir things up more I'd continue my response, but I don't. I just get tired of people thinking that because a poster has sub-1,000 posts they're a newbie...or that certain posters deserve to be extended special rights that others don't. But if you thought there was any "personal stuff" in the original post, I'd love to have it pointed out. Because...I just don't see it.

patsox23 said:
You guys need to lay off and grow up. Newbies picking this nonsense with a hall of fame old-timer like NEM is the lowest of the low. Cut it with the personal stuff. Your actions just demean a site you've already tainted enough with kneejerk chicken-little-ing.

"Newbie", "chicken-little-ing" maybe you need to read some of the posts and rephrase many of the posters that are sick of the constant complaining by a certain poster about our coaching and the look at me posts have been here for YEARS and like myself were here on the old board for years also. Talk about "knee jerk" you might want to peruse the FIRST post in the thread which was a post BY NEM, so a poster called him on his promise and he didn't follow through and another poster pointed out this. Maybe if NEM didn't post such threads we wouldn't have this thread at all?

Last edited:
patsox23 said:

As must as I disagree with many of NEM's posts, its true..lay off. I want to read football talk. There's enough drama in our lives already, let football be a haven from it.

Lets keep these boards free from personal attacks.

patsox23 said:
He actively invited this reaction by the thread which was quoted above (though it would have been preferable to bump the original thread). If this were an attack out of the blue I'd agree with you, but it is clearly a reasonable response to NEM's own postings. And I don't see any newbies in this thread, you can hardly call 400+ posts over a year to be a newbie.

patsox23 said:

WOW,if his 811 posts make him a newbie, then I must must be an embryo

Ceresco said:

I warned everyone in that original thread that NEM was creating a circular argument. He always leaves a back door in his arguments so that he can back out and say he was right anyway.

patsox23 said:

Since when does a post count alone make one a newbie? Since when does a post count make someone immune from well-deserved criticism? I've been posting on various message boards of various types since the Internet first started becoming widespread in the early/mid '90s. Just because I haven't been HERE for that long doesn't make me either a new Patriots fan (I remember the Erhardt era, even though I was a kid at the time) or new to online discussions about them.

Last edited:
What personal attack??? I don't see it.

No one is attacking NEM personally. They are just bringing out what he had said and calling him on it.

Although, I've learned that it does not good to do this because NEM will never admit that he was wrong- no matter what.

Sorry ps23 and S65, if folks can take exception to the idiocy of recent "new" posters, there is no reason to accept the idiocy of a more tenured poster. As for "personal" attacks, NEM's profanity laced rants about his football prowess are frequent, too many on here have been subjected to them. He has proven he can learn to curtail his most destructive behaviors, but only with Ian taking extraordinary measures.

NEM played a little put up or shut up game, knowing his disingenuous nature I stayed away from that thread, but he's been caught and called. True to form he's denied culpability and attacked in classic NEM fashion: "I assume you have nothing better to do than be a troublemaker" "You are a joke." "cheap punk." Personal is NEM's game. BF80 claims NEM had an escape clause in his proposal, the lawyers in the forum can debate that, my support is for the "newbie" who pointed to NEM's own words and tweeked him (semi-toungue in cheek, I doubt bee expected NEM to make good, but hope springs eternal).

How people conduct themselves on the forum has been administered by the members as much as it has been by Ian. ps23, I know you have called fellow posters on conduct you deplore, just as you did in this post. I for one have had a belly full of NEM's constant carping about coordinators - posted (in many cases cut & paste is suspected) in every thread he visits regardless of whether it's on topic. I have agreed with you on past troublemakers, I think you've taken the wrong side for the wrong reasons this time. :cool:

NEM said:
It is no different than what I see, or what I say.
:rofl: Mommy, make it stop! :rofl:

patsox23 said:

You don't truly believe that do you? And what Hall of Fame does NEM belong in? All I see is NEM making a personal attack on a poster who thought he had a deal with NEM.:rolleyes:

NEM said:
Read the deal again. Stop allowing your personal dislike effect your intelligence.

I've read the deal, and I think the same thing now that I thought when you posted it:

The criteria was met in your proposal, you should now have to not mention playcalling or McDaniels for the rest of the season EXCEPT for that backdoor that you left yourself:

On the other hand, if the offense moves the ball well, in the manner that I think they can, with inside passing routes, some screens thrown in, some play action passes... maybe even a deep post, and a running game that is not forced into defenses that are geared to stop the run..... then I will not say one more word, the rest of the season, about Josh McDaniels.

In your own proposal you indicated that the offense had to meet your expectation of good. Anyone accepting this proposal had to also accept that it was not -their- opinion that would settle the matter, but yours. You laid the groundworks to control the outcome of your own offer. But obviously you'll take that backdoor even in the face of reality (IE Brady's best day passing and a 28-6 victory), because you still think you could have done better.

This is why I said that anyone that took you up on the offer was foolish. You had to be pleased with the offense in order for the deal to work, and as anyone who knows you is aware: you're never happy with the offense, and clearly would not have been today regardless of the outcome.

If you're a man of your word you'll own your end of the bargain and shut your yap about McDaniels even though that backdoor exists. I have a feeling you won't do it though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes