Welcome to PatsFans.com

RE: Database Errors

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ian, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +325 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

I'm sure many of you have noticed we're experiencing database errors as the server is being pushed today with the huge increase in traffic. We'll be addressing this and will be looking towards purchasing a dedicated server for the site in the near future, and finally ending any possibility in the future of further problems. In the meantime I appreciate your patience as we push through this weekend.

Ian

2. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ian, you might want to delete the duplicate thread I started with the title "What do you think of hte Maroney pick?"

The server crashed the first time just as I was posting it, so I clicked post again which is how the duplicate post got there. But just now I noticed the duplicate post and started to edit the first post to point out it was a duplicate and exactly when I did that the server crashed again. I know the database has transactions and all but perhaps there is something wrong with this thread which has corrupted the database, so deleting it might help. (Delete the one with only 2 or 3 posts.)

Thanks,

PL

3. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +325 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Hey Promised,

Thanks for the note, I'll look into it. However, unfortunately that's not the reason. It's the 1000's of query's per second being performed that are pushing the resources of the current server. We'll definitely be moving off of it, as this weekend is proving that we've definitely outgrown it.

Ian

4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

What's a database?

5. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

good luck with fixing it all