RE: Database Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have noticed we're experiencing database errors as the server is being pushed today with the huge increase in traffic. We'll be addressing this and will be looking towards purchasing a dedicated server for the site in the near future, and finally ending any possibility in the future of further problems. In the meantime I appreciate your patience as we push through this weekend.

Ian

Ian said:
I'm sure many of you have noticed we're experiencing database errors as the server is being pushed today with the huge increase in traffic. We'll be addressing this and will be looking towards purchasing a dedicated server for the site in the near future, and finally ending any possibility in the future of further problems. In the meantime I appreciate your patience as we push through this weekend.

Ian
Ian, you might want to delete the duplicate thread I started with the title "What do you think of hte Maroney pick?"

The server crashed the first time just as I was posting it, so I clicked post again which is how the duplicate post got there. But just now I noticed the duplicate post and started to edit the first post to point out it was a duplicate and exactly when I did that the server crashed again. I know the database has transactions and all but perhaps there is something wrong with this thread which has corrupted the database, so deleting it might help. (Delete the one with only 2 or 3 posts.)

Thanks,

PL

PromisedLand said:
Ian, you might want to delete the duplicate thread I started with the title "What do you think of hte Maroney pick?"

The server crashed the first time just as I was posting it, so I clicked post again which is how the duplicate post got there. But just now I noticed the duplicate post and started to edit the first post to point out it was a duplicate and exactly when I did that the server crashed again. I know the database has transactions and all but perhaps there is something wrong with this thread which has corrupted the database, so deleting it might help. (Delete the one with only 2 or 3 posts.)

Thanks,

PL

Hey Promised,

Thanks for the note, I'll look into it. However, unfortunately that's not the reason. It's the 1000's of query's per second being performed that are pushing the resources of the current server. We'll definitely be moving off of it, as this weekend is proving that we've definitely outgrown it.

Ian

What's a database?

good luck with fixing it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back