PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RCA Dome: Advantage Colts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In the Dungy era the Colts have lost 15 regular season games. 8 of those losses were away while 7 were at home, hardly a big advantage. "Colts offense in the Dome is unstoppable", more B.S. This year the Colts are scoring at a 33.1 ppg rate away from the dome and 25.2 ppg in the vaunted Dome. Whats the big deal about the Colts in the Dome? They are just as likely to choke it up at home as they are on the road.

RIP#40 said:
In the Dungy era the Colts have lost 15 regular season games. 8 of those losses were away while 7 were at home, hardly a big advantage. "Colts offense in the Dome is unstoppable", more B.S. This year the Colts are scoring at a 33.1 ppg rate away from the dome and 25.2 ppg in the vaunted Dome. Whats the big deal about the Colts in the Dome? They are just as likely to choke it up at home as they are on the road.

Please stop using logic! If you keep this up the national media will catch on and then what? We will have the colts being able to pick where they want to play each game!

Its six of one half a dozen of the other.
Sure, Indy likes the carpet, because it helps their WRs, but it also helps the guys covering them.

Moreover those conditions expose their D. Their secondary cannot cover our Receivers in a blizzard, imagine the field day Brady, Branch, Givens, Watson, Brown, Graham, Faulk would have on that carpet?

Ironically, while the chance of them just getting blown out is greater in our weather, the chance of them beating may be lower on the turf.

RIP#40 said:

That's funny, I seem to remember the "talking heads" saying the same thing about the "unstoppable" Rams offense before SuperBowl XXXVI in the Superdome.

EZ76

If winning at the dome is such a piece of cake, then why have we only lost 2 games there in the past 2 years? i think the reason why our ppg is lower at the dome is because people think they can just come in and beat us in a shoot out. however tom moore and peyton manning are smarter than everybody else in the league and realize that it is a better idea to score 3-4 touchdowns and use up the time of posession instead of scoring 50 points a game. We could score 50 points a game if we want, but we choose not to. The style were playing this year is a much smarter type of football.

BannedColts018 said:
If winning at the dome is such a piece of cake, then why have we only lost 2 games there in the past 2 years? i think the reason why our ppg is lower at the dome is because people think they can just come in and beat us in a shoot out. however tom moore and peyton manning are smarter than everybody else in the league and realize that it is a better idea to score 3-4 touchdowns and use up the time of posession instead of scoring 50 points a game. We could score 50 points a game if we want, but we choose not to. The style were playing this year is a much smarter type of football.

Ah, of course. So the Colts *could* have scored 50 points last Sunday, but chose not to. As the Guinness boys say... Brilliant!!

BigEZPatsFan76 said:
That's funny, I seem to remember the "talking heads" saying the same thing about the "unstoppable" Rams offense before SuperBowl XXXVI in the Superdome.
EZ76
And dont't forget the "unstoppable" Buffalo Bills in Superbowl XXV.

Just like the Rams and Colts, the Bills with Kelly, Thomas, and Reed were dismantling their opponents on their way to SB XXV.

That is, until they met Belichick's Giants who proceeded to shut down Kelly and won the SB XXV 20 - 19.

AndyJohnson said:
Moreover those conditions expose their D. Their secondary cannot cover our Receivers in a blizzard, imagine the field day Brady, Branch, Givens, Watson, Brown, Graham, Faulk would have on that carpet?
Plus we have some defensive guys like Hobbs, Samuel and Colvin who will gain from the speed of the turf as much as any Colts. Also, having two CB (Wilson and Hawkins) playing Safety has to be a good thing on turn as their game at Safety is based on speed not power.

BTW, the Colts have that field turf that looks more like grass - does anyone know how it plays ? I noticed some turf coming up during their game with SD just like grass would and I'm curious how fast it plays.

BelichickFan said:
BTW, the Colts have that field turf that looks more like grass - does anyone know how it plays ? I noticed some turf coming up during their game with SD just like grass would and I'm curious how fast it plays.
They installed the field turf this year, and yes it is very different, slower stuff than the carpet. The stuff you see getting kicked up is, I've been told, like the shredded tire stuff that you see in playgrounds, laying down in there with the, I'm guessing over 1 inch blades of "grass" in the turf. I went to one of the high school state championship games at the dome this year, so I could actually sit down close to the field for a change, and the kids were wearing cleats and really kicking that stuff up. I really think it's so much better for all teams, people really could get hurt on that old hard stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes