PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB's & TE's

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
At least two must be cut, if three it gets really difficult: Pass & Rasby??? On the bubble for the third cut would be Cobbs or Mills I guess. Lack of WR's mean an extra from this group wil stick, so maybe it will only be two cuts. Seems to be a lot of talent here.

Dillon
Maroney
Faulk
Pass
Cobbs
Mills
Graham
Watson
Rasby
Thomas

Of that list..Im going to go with Cobbs,and Rasby.Cobbs is iffy though.He showed some talent last night.Thing with him I would be concerned on is stamina.He looks like a tiny dude.After last nights TD run.When He was Back on on Kickoff the next play.He seemed a bit winded,Maybe its just me though.

Patriots4Ever said:
Of that list..Im going to go with Cobbs,and Rasby.Cobbs is iffy though.He showed some talent last night.Thing with him I would be concerned on is stamina.He looks like a tiny dude.After last nights TD run.When He was Back on on Kickoff the next play.He seemed a bit winded,Maybe its just me though.

I dont think i would question his stamina after that run. He made a 50+ yard run weaving in and out, you gotta expect him to be a little tired the second after that. I think if cobbs shows some of this in the next preseason game, Patrick Pass is gone.

The obvious two are Rasby and Cobbs. As of now, they are injury insurance with Pass and Graham out. Heath Evans doesn't even make the list?

fgssand said:
At least two must be cut, if three it gets really difficult: Pass & Rasby??? On the bubble for the third cut would be Cobbs or Mills I guess. Lack of WR's mean an extra from this group wil stick, so maybe it will only be two cuts. Seems to be a lot of talent here.

Dillon
Maroney
Faulk
Pass
Cobbs
Mills
Graham
Watson
Rasby
Thomas

mgteich said:
The obvious two are Rasby and Cobbs. As of now, they are injury insurance with Pass and Graham out. Heath Evans doesn't even make the list?

Evans - gone
Rasby - gone
Pass -gone

Cobbs can do anything Pass can do (except block as a rook) and has the potential to be a 2007 Faulk replacement. Compared to Faulk he's larger, a tougher runner and shows good hands. Less cap $ than Pass and especailly Faulk next year. We need Faulk this year as a pseudo-WR.

why drop 2 FBs when Mills isnt set at FB or TE yet..still a rookie. Hows Cobbs gonna help us? When Maroney-Dillon-Faulk go down and possibly get a few touches? Pass on the other hand can line up at FB..HB so he provides us depth at both spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
mgteich said:

Wow, your right, I missed Evans, he is in the mix. Lots of depth here will be fun to watch it play out this month.

Evans
Dillon
Maroney
Faulk
Pass
Cobbs
Mills
Graham
Watson
Rasby
Thomas

fgssand said:
.... On the bubble for the third cut would be Cobbs or Mills I guess. .... Seems to be a lot of talent here.

We should continue to be a net supplier of talent to the league.
Remember when we eagerly anticipated cutdown dates ... because then we could improve OUR team?

I realize that you suggest Mills only very tentatively.
Still, there is no way that BB cuts "Larry Centers" - mere months after spending a 4th to acquire him.

Pass goes

Rasby GOES

Evans GOES

If he continues to play like last night, Cobbs stays or, at worst, heads to the p.s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye