PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Tyler Gaffney released

Status
Not open for further replies.
The down side? No down side when you sign with this squad. You only suck when your not here duh

Maybe in light of the Easley release they've chosen not to take a RB high in the draft.

I certainly hope not, as it stands they have the worst RB unit in football. They need a first down back and have to hope Blount comes in in shape and Lewis haS a full recovery from the ACL. There's no excuse at all if they don't address RB and end up with it costing them the season.

We do so much cute risky crap with the roster

You think Belichick makes roster moves to be cute? Just because Patriot fans don't understand why they are making moves doesn't mean they don't have a purpose. Belichick is as serious as they get and he's juggling his roster for a wide variety of reasons, some of which we don't understand, the last thing he's doing is playing games and being "cute."

You think Belichick makes roster moves to be cute? Just because Patriot fans don't understand why they are making moves doesn't mean they don't have a purpose. Belichick is as serious as they get and he's juggling his roster for a wide variety of reasons, some of which we don't understand, the last thing he's doing is playing games and being "cute."

Hear, hear

It's almost as if people haven't been watching the last 15 years. There is an element of "in BB we trust" that has a lot of merit. Can we always see what his reasoning is for some of his "curious" moves? No, not usually until after the fact. We're only seeing about 40% of the picture as fans.

I certainly hope not, as it stands they have the worst RB unit in football. They need a first down back and have to hope Blount comes in in shape and Lewis haS a full recovery from the ACL. There's no excuse at all if they don't address RB and end up with it costing them the season.

I agree with your thoughts on the RB situation. I'm assuming at least one draftee, and if that pick comes in the top 2-3 rounds, it would make me feel a lot better.

In the meantime, I'd have Brown/White battle it out for the traditional 3rd down back role. I'm not as sold on White as some others, and it seems rather apparent that the team didn't trust him in certain situations last season. He also lacks true rushing capabilities.

Bolden is pretty much as ST only player, so I'm hesitant to even count him in the grouping any more. I expected him to get some looks last season, but they went in a different direction with Steven Jackson and now it has me second guessing myself in terms of whether or not he'd actually see any carries in backup duty.

We still have Blount and Lewis, so that should alleviate some of the concerns about a 2015 repeat at the position, unless they both defy the odds and return to injury. Even then, there are some concerns, but they're certainly good enough when paired with a rookie to get us back to a "real" RBBC system 1-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back