PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 is a concern for Matthews, but a 10 for Spiller takes off my board. Usually folks who score this low have a language issue.

QUOTE=patsinthesnow;1761492]Gerhart isn't a first round talent, I like him in the 2nd round. He'll be there.

A 10 on the wonderlic should be concerning though. Isn't that close to ******ed?[/QUOTE]

16 is a concern for Matthews, but a 10 for Spiller takes off my board. Usually folks who score this low have a language issue.

Chris Johnson scored a 10 on the Wonderlic, FYI.
Not saying that Spiller = Johnson.
Just noting that the Wonderlic appears overrated in terms of actually measuring football IQ for certain positions.

Just to be clear, I don't advocate trading up to get Spiller, but I sure wouldn't mind him at #22. He would be a versatile weapon for Tom Brady and the Pats.
Some other nice RBs in this years draft: Matthews, Best, Tate, Hardesty, etc.

Dwyer's stock fell a ton for me after his lackluster combine. How can you show up out of shape for the biggest job interview of your life?? Even Mount Cody "McFatty" managed to drop his weight to 354 for the combine measurements. Gerhart remained about the same for me. A 3rd to 4th round pick. He was solid and ran as expected. At least Gearhart doesn't have the work ethic questions that Dwyer does.

Last edited:
d%#*!@t, looks like the Eagles will get Mike Bell:mad:

I was hoping to pick him up to replace Maroney and ship him out for a draft pick.

I understand that there are top running backs and wide receivers in the league who scored 10 or 11 on the Wonderlic. Average is 16 or 17 at those positions. However, players coming in often have trouble with Belichick's schemes, and he tends to plae a higher premium on the Wonderlic than others. BTW, I think Earl Campbell once scored a 4.

Also, Dwyer looked pretty good in his pro day.

Chris Johnson scored a 10 on the Wonderlic, FYI.
Not saying that Spiller = Johnson.
Just noting that the Wonderlic appears overrated in terms of actually measuring football IQ for certain positions.

Just to be clear, I don't advocate trading up to get Spiller, but I sure wouldn't mind him at #22. He would be a versatile weapon for Tom Brady and the Pats.
Some other nice RBs in this years draft: Matthews, Best, Tate, Hardesty, etc.

Dwyer's stock fell a ton for me after his lackluster combine. How can you show up out of shape for the biggest job interview of your life?? Even Mount Cody "McFatty" managed to drop his weight to 354 for the combine measurements. Gerhart remained about the same for me. A 3rd to 4th round pick. He was solid and ran as expected. At least Gearhart doesn't have the work ethic questions that Dwyer does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes