PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Morris Leaves With Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - With snow covering the field in Foxboro, Patriots runningback Sammy Morris was injured during the team’s opening offensive possession and had to be helped off the field after limping off.* He’s been replaced by Laurence Maroney.

Was he back in the 2nd half? The game was not on TV here.

no. Did not look like he would be back any time soon.

No somebody very big landed on his leg, hyper-extending his knee. He couldn't really put weight on it heading to the sideline. It's not good news but at least that is a position that we have depth at. Maroney and BJGE ran very very well today.

Maroney had a good game looking at the stat's.
We SHOULD be able to run on the Bucs next week. Carolina ran it like 15 of 16 plays to score one TD and they knew it was coming so.....

Ian's Daily Blog - With snow covering the field in Foxboro, Patriots runningback Sammy Morris was injured during the team’s opening offensive possession and had to be helped off the field after limping off.* He’s been replaced by Laurence Maroney.

I think I have seen this thread before, at least once a year.

Nice role player, not his fault he is made out of glass.

do you think we pick up a free agent if the injury is serious?

Fortunately, amputees have access to wonderful prosthethes these days

This could be a significant blow. The only upside I can see is that Maroney and the line miraculously start to click in Morris's absence (if the injury's major).

This could be a significant blow. The only upside I can see is that Maroney and the line miraculously start to click in Morris's absence (if the injury's major).

Just run behind Seabass.......;):D

No somebody very big landed on his leg, hyper-extending his knee. He couldn't really put weight on it heading to the sideline. It's not good news but at least that is a position that we have depth at. Maroney and BJGE ran very very well today.

Hyperextending it sideways (on the inside), almost like Mayo's injury.

Hopefully he or Taylor can come back within the next few weeks.

Hopefully he or Taylor can come back within the next few weeks.
We have a pseudo bye then a real bye which will help. We can get by with Maroney, BJGE and Faulk, by the time they're all hurt then hopefully Morris or Taylor will be back.

We have a pseudo bye then a real bye which will help. We can get by with Maroney, BJGE and Faulk, by the time they're all hurt then hopefully Morris or Taylor will be back.

Don't forget our shadow roster RB:

PP35!

Im actually surprised we never tried a play like this yet
I have no doubt it's in the playbook. To be run at some point, likely this year but at the right moment.

I have no doubt it's in the playbook. To be run at some point, likely this year but at the right moment.

Well i say that because Edelman took some snaps at QB in TC. So no doubt it at least crossed their collective minds. But maybe its just a little too much to soon.

If your going to do it, do it against a good team like the Colts.

Well i say that because Edelman took some snaps at QB in TC. So no doubt it at least crossed their collective minds. But maybe its just a little too much to soon.

If your going to do it, do it against a good team like the Colts.
I'm sure they have a plan for it - the Dolphins ***** slapped the Jest with theirs although Ronnie Brown and Edelman would clearly run very different Wildcats - or Wildpats are ours would have to be called :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes