PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Joseph Addai ran a 4.37/40...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulehead

Reaction score
...at 214 lbs (official wt) at the combine.

I feel there is a better than average chance Addai will be suiting up for the Pats in 2006. Personally I like the idea. :rocker:

Last edited:
Feep_FLA said:
I feel there is a better than average chance Addai will be suiting up for the Pats in 2006. Personally I like the idea. :rocker:

He's my choice. Even above Bush, Williams, and White.

I wouldn't like to see Addai drafted in the 1st. I think we have bigger needs than that, and I dont really think we are going to be fortunate to get him in the 2nd without some maneuvering. If thats what we'd have to do, then I'd be a very happy pats fan. However, can someone please tell me why Addai never carried a full load? Was he always injured, incapable? I don't know, but he sounds like a poor mans reggie bush to me, and I am cool with that.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in a Day One RB at all. But, if we're going to take one, Addai seems like an okay pick.

Addai ran a 4.40 according to the NFL Network. Still good enough in my books, would love to grab him in the second.

The Patriots are not taking Addai in round 1 at #21..... That will never happen. He would be a nice second rounder if we had to move a few to get him. :rocker:

Yeah I'm with you on that, he looks good but the Pats are not taking him at 21, but his workouts have all but assured that he will be long gone by the time the Pats pick again.

Look for the Pats to move from their current #2 pick... I think its 53 or 54 overall. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they trade out of 21 to about 25-26 and try to improve the second round pick by trading to a team needing more picks overall.... Just my hunch

Special Teams

In addition to his offensive duties, Addai played special teams while at LSU. That's the kid of versatility that BB, Parcells, Mangini, Crennel and Saban love in a player.
While I would not take Addai at #21, I do think he'll go in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes