PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB invited to Pats rookie camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
BTW, long time lurker -- relatively new poster. :)

UNT's Cobbs invited to Patriots' rookie camp

Former UNT running back Patrick Cobbs will be attending the New England Patriots' rookie minicamp, a UNT official said Friday. Cobbs finished at UNT with 4,050 yards and won the 2003 national rushing title with an average of 152.7 yards a game.

--------------

This is a good football player. His size (5-8, 206) and slow 40 (4.71) were the primary reasons for him not being drafted. Other than his 40 time, his Pro Day numbers were decent:

4.22 short shuttle... 7.12 in the 3-cone... 32" vertical... 9'6" broad jump... 20 reps of 225 pounds

Poor field conditions may have contributed to that 4.71...as he ran again indoors and posted a 4.47 and 4.51 during another workout at UT-Arlington.

Looking beyond the numbers, he's a strong inside runner with excellent vision. Also a decent blocker and good receiver.

I think he sticks...possibly practice squad -- maybe NFLE.

Thoughts from those who've seen him?

Is this Cedric Cobbs' little brother?

no its not..im just guessing by looking at home towns..1s from little rock one is from shawnee, OK

anyways..i dont see him making the roster..he is 5"9(small) and is slow for that size that you usually look for a small scatback

Could be a 3rd down back possibility. Faulk you better watch over your shoulder! I'd like to have someone with better ball security skills handling the 3rd down role, nothing against Faulk.

Yep fumbling every 29 touches has made Belichick's blood pressure go up for sure.

It's the new hybrid, Patrick Pass and Cedric Cobbs in one dynamic new back... Patrick Cobbs! Guaranteed not to make the roster ;)

VJCPatriot said:
Could be a 3rd down back possibility. Faulk you better watch over your shoulder! I'd like to have someone with better ball security skills handling the 3rd down role, nothing against Faulk.

Do you really think he's a threat to Faulk? Faulk could do better than a 4.7 while running backwards and his shoelaces tied together.

huskeralk said:
Do you really think he's a threat to Faulk? Faulk could do better than a 4.7 while running backwards and his shoelaces tied together.

Exactly, Husker - How soon people seem to forget how many good things happen when Faulk gets the ball. He is a lethal when running the screen. I would be very surprised to see him cut this year....

fgssand said:
Exactly, Husker - How soon people seem to forget how many good things happen when Faulk gets the ball. He is a lethal when running the screen. I would be very surprised to see him cut this year....
I agree..cut?? NO..but a backup?? or someone being groomed fo that?? Why not?? No Faulk is a great contributer to what the team does..when he was out, it was so different in what they could do..and could not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back