PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB DJ Foster released, DT Darius Kilgo claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forster will wind up in Seattle or Green Bay. Too bad, I think he's a good player to have on your roster.

Assuming they hope to get him to the PS, DT Darius Kilgo claimed off waivers to take the spot. I think we know why.

More fun name to pronounce?

Glad to see the Patriots got to weaken the Bronco's Defense with the waiver claim of Kilgo......has decent experience for a second year player.....

"Broncos waived second-year nose tackle Darius Kilgo. The rotational mainstay had played in all but one game this year to go with a dozen games, including the playoffs, as a rookie. "

Sucks, but he's probably the sort of guy who is going to take 2-3 years before he hits his stride, sort of like Edelman. Meanwhile the team gets a shot to bring in someone who has played more regular season snaps at a position where things aren't ideal.

In BB We Trust.......

Praying that Foster clears waivers and comes back on the PS. That's my binkie! :(

Definitely understandable though with Lewis back. No clear path to playing time.

It's so hard to lose a binkie. I really liked Foster and hope like hell he makes it back to the PS, but frankly I doubt it. I felt he had the potential to be better than White next year, and showed some flashes of it in the few chances he got here.

Unfortunately White was viewed as more dependable, since he's been in the offense a lot longer, and he never got hurt, so Foster never got a real chance to show what he had before Lewis showed up and closed the door on him ever getting on the field.

If he dosen't come back this will be just ANOTHER reason to be pissed at Branch getting bagged for pot smoking, because between him being gone for a few weeks, and Hamilton not being able to get back on the field, the Pats really did need to sign someone to provide some DT depth.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't come back to Terrence Knighton

It's because Knighton just couldn't make the required techniques work.

Think Loyko is talking about TC.

This is a good move. The Rams rely on their running game to set up their rookie QB passing the ball. There are good RBs coming up after that. Let's hope Kilgo can fill some space and stay in his lane until Branch gets back.

Praying that Foster clears waivers and comes back on the PS. That's my binkie! :(

Definitely understandable though with Lewis back. No clear path to playing time.
I expect he will clear waivers. I also wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't get out on the ps with the depth we gave at Rb.

If Foster doesn't clear waivers I think he ends up on the Chargers or Giants who have Two former Patriots Scat Backs on IR.

Third Down RB's are a dime a dozen in Today's NFL the Patriots might be in the market for a young RB in the upcoming Draft Blount is getting up there. Also both Lewis and White have a year left under contract I see us re-upping Lewis who is Great when not ask to carry the load. I hope our next young RB have upside as a Pass catcher like Le'Veon Bell and David Johnson makes life so easy.

Had high hopes for this kid. Still think he can play but he's way too small. He needs Some time to put some muscle on before I'd trust him to take a number of snaps on third down.

Looking back on the tough cuts made in training camp this year, it looks like LeBlanc would have been better to keep on the roster than Foster but maybe Bill thought he needed a back up for white until Dion came back so now that Dion's playing Foster goes.

How long 'til we learn Foster's fate? Anyone know?

Had high hopes for this kid. Still think he can play but he's way too small. He needs Some time to put some muscle on before I'd trust him to take a number of snaps on third down.

Looking back on the tough cuts made in training camp this year, it looks like LeBlanc would have been better to keep on the roster than Foster but maybe Bill thought he needed a back up for white until Dion came back so now that Dion's playing Foster goes.

Points noted: I definitely love his upside over James White as a Runner. That said as long as Dion Lewis breathes I wouldn't want any other 3rd Down Back. Remember also Players on Taxi Squads are not untouchable they could be easily signed off the Roster if a certain Team has a Need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back