PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Ray Lewis says crime will rise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the interruption, but I'm going to attempt to take his comment at face value for a moment. Because research suggests he's dead wrong, that football games tend to lead to a rise in crime in fan communities.

One study of college football games found a dramatic spike in crime in the host community on game days. Another study that included NFL games found significant rises in male-on-female domestic violence following upset losses, with greater effects for more significant games.

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled Ravens jokes!

That doesn't surprise me. Heck, some cities start rioting when they WIN, never mind lose.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the title be, "Ray Lewis gets a rise out of crime."

2010-Ravens-Training-Camp.jpg

"That's why I don't get into words and all that other stuff, because it takes away from life ... itself. There's people who are really struggling for real. There's real struggles out there."

Well said Ray.:rolleyes: Maybe it's because words come hard for you. I'm just trying to figure out how the hell that locker room functioned when you had Bart Scott, Ray Lewis and Rex Ryan all in the team meetings together. The thought of it reminds me of the scene with the cavemen from History of the World by Mel Brooks.

"That's why I don't get into words and all that other stuff, because it takes away from life ... itself. There's people who are really struggling for real. There's real struggles out there."

Well said Ray.:rolleyes: Maybe it's because words come hard for you. I'm just trying to figure out how the hell that locker room functioned when you had Bart Scott, Ray Lewis and Rex Ryan all in the team meetings together. The thought of it reminds me of the scene with the cavemen from History of the World by Mel Brooks.

No -- words come easy to Ray. It's meanings where he has a problem.

Many millions of people who aren't players or owners will have their incomes negatively affected by the loss of games - stadium personnel, bar owners, bartenders, waitresses, vendors, etc. Is it a stretch to conclude that a percentage of those many millions may decide to replace that lost income illegally? Not claiming to know that will happen for a fact, just wondering.

Update: Ray Lewis says "buy high and sell low!"....

I just had the chance to watch the full Ray Lewis interview. Is it just me or does he always come across with the evangelical priest speech crossed Thulsa Doom stare?

The interview itself (Part 1) was decent in my opinion.

Last edited:
I just had the chance to watch the full Ray Lewis interview. Is it just me or does he always come across with the evangelical priest speech crossed Thulsa Doom stare?

The interview itself (Part 1) was decent in my opinion.

I think that we should all be grateful to Ray Lewis for that interview. Not only was it authentic street-corner gibberish, but it shows a courage that is all too rare in this day and age.

blazing-saddles-305.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes