PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Ray Lewis says crime will rise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now..... it's Baltimore and you'd be hard pressed to tell if there was an actual rise in crime since it's so prevalent there. :eek:

Didn't you watch "The Wire" ?

An odd stretch that I suppose could have some truth. But what I found interesting were his quotes about talking to smith.

"I'm not opposed to it," he said.
He also said he has texted NFL Players Association leader DeMaurice Smith.
"Tell me when you're ready for me to come speak," Lewis said when asked to explain the nature of the texts to Smith. "Because I'm not speaking about all, oh I want this, I want that."
When does Smith want Lewis to speak?
"Oh ... the time coming," Lewis said and then smiled for emphasis.

Last edited:
Now now..... it's Baltimore and you'd be hard pressed to tell if there was an actual rise in crime since it's so prevalent there. :eek:

no, but "Homicide" was a great show.

one thing ray lewis knows about.....

Ray's about to murder someone real soon if the lockout doesn't end. We've all been warned. Stay the hell away from Baltimore.

When I first saw the headline, I thought he meant more crimes committed by NFL players. Considering all the headlines of players getting into trouble, it was a decent assumption.

But I guess he means other people will commit crimes because they'll be bored without football.

Just in case anyone didn't want to read the whole article :p

Last edited:
When I first saw the headline, I thought he meant more crimes committed by NFL players. Considering all the headlines of players getting into trouble, it was a decent assumption.

But I guess he means other people will commit crimes because they'll be bored without football.

Just in case anyone didn't want to read the whole article :p
I thought the same thing. I thought he was worried without paychecks players would turn to crime to pay the bills.

I'm confused. In a conundrum about exactly what specific crime(s) I'm sposed to go commit. Armed robbery? Grabbing tatas? Tax evasion? Or what?

What Ray is trying to say here is "you come at the king, you best not miss"

I will agree with anything Ray Lewis says mainly because I don't want him to MURDER me...his opinions are always cogent due to this FACT

Pardon the interruption, but I'm going to attempt to take his comment at face value for a moment. Because research suggests he's dead wrong, that football games tend to lead to a rise in crime in fan communities.

One study of college football games found a dramatic spike in crime in the host community on game days. Another study that included NFL games found significant rises in male-on-female domestic violence following upset losses, with greater effects for more significant games.

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled Ravens jokes!

Is this a threat, Mr. Lewis?

And it will be the NFL's fault. Not the people that commit the crimes.

at least Ray Ray can look back on his feats of glory....

SportsRayLewis.jpg

Is Ray Lewis still relevant in the NFL other than jumping on the pile making a "tackle" after the play is finished?

yes...because there's always the chance he might stab somebody in the head or stomp them in the ensuing pileup...

Pardon the interruption, but I'm going to attempt to take his comment at face value for a moment. Because research suggests he's dead wrong, that football games tend to lead to a rise in crime in fan communities.

One study of college football games found a dramatic spike in crime in the host community on game days. Another study that included NFL games found significant rises in male-on-female domestic violence following upset losses, with greater effects for more significant games.

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled Ravens jokes!

I don't think that putting duct tape on my wife's mouth during and after a game is a crime.;)

I don't think that putting duct tape on my wife's mouth during and after a game is a crime.;)
Nor do I consider smacking Holly & Molly with a big leather paddle after a Patriots win a crime either! :p :eat3:

This could mean that the Ravens and Bengals merge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes