PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis's speech to the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Lewis is the man... there's no bigger hitter in the history of the NFL

I wish we had some kind of fire and brimstone leader for our defense.

Really missing Rodney and Willie - - it always felt like our team was always going to be the initiator not the reactor.

Have you seen Spikes lately?

I measure success in wins. How many SBs has he been to since that one in 2000 let alone won? Not saying he isn't a great player, he's a first ballot HOFer, but his pre-game antics and sermons don't really matter when they lose, does it?

I have grown to like Ray. He seems to have learned from life's lesson. Good for him.

If you just look at that as a speech (hold your thoughts about Ray Lewis's past) it's incredibly powerful and right on point.

Agreed. It's too bad we can't go back in time and get Rodney and Bryan Cox back......... :cool:

I measure success in wins. How many SBs has he been to since that one in 2000 let alone won? Not saying he isn't a great player, he's a first ballot HOFer, but his pre-game antics and sermons don't really matter when they lose, does it?

Unfortunately for the Ravens there are not 53 Ray Lewis's on the team,because if there were they might be 16-0

If you find a player that wants to win more than Ray does week after week,I want to meet him.

Last edited:
I have no doubt Lewis was playing to the cameras because it is so much of who he is he wouldn't know how not to. I also have no doubt that some of his teammates were inspired - most likely his defensive teammates. I also have no doubt that he has teammates who consider him a self promoting fraud - most likely his offensive teammates.

Ray Lewis has spent a decade doing what Ed Reed did this week - blame anything that goes wrong in Baltimore on the offense. There is no way guys on that side of the ball consider him their leader and respect him as such after he gave a ranting post game interview last year about "none of this loss is on my defense."

There have been 2 seperate and distinct teams in Baltimore for a decade - offense and defense and Lewis "leadership" is a major reason why.

Last edited:
Apparently Billy Cundiff was off taking a wiz while that speech was going on........

Good stuff.......Even if it was from Ray Ray the Raven.

i have immense respect for Ray, and that speech gives me one more reason we better go win the superbowl. I would hate to prevent such a deserving person a chance to go to the superbowl, only to blow the opportunity.

Get a clue.

nothing wrong with that at all...his dance well freaky...i wanted to my to on pads and let's go ray

I agree. BB doesn't strike me as the motivational type and the results speak for themselves. Will always miss Teddy though. Loved that guy. What a football player.

I hope you're kidding.

Not really. No. "Tom, you do it" doesn't count.;)

Last edited:
You don't have to be loud and rah rah to be a motivational type. Bill does it in a different way.

I don't know personally I always thought winning is their motivation and BB just cuts anyone that needs motivation to win a football game.

Great words. Definitely inspirational and the right things to say out of context. In context he can tell them he's proud, they played hard, blah, blah, blah but all he does is enable a bunch of thugs.

**** Ray Lewis (although he isn't really a murderer, merely accessory to murder, legally the same but just thought I'd point out the difference.) No I'm not going to forget his past, and I'm not going to respect the fact that this speech was delivered to a team of classless punks.

That whole team of fake thug, whiny *****es always manage to come up small when it matters most. All this hype and speeches and barking is useless if you don't make the plays.

I'm sure the Pats are plenty inspirational to each other. They just don't save it for the cameras. I for one am glad that he doesn't have a chance for another ring (and I would have been rooting against this gutless excuse-making team regardless of whether they were playing the Pats or not).

Ray Lewis plays the game the way it ought to be played and brings it every game and every down. Maybe if he told his whiny teammates and coaches to suck it up I'd respect him more. But pumping up a bunch of thugs doesn't.

So in short, he manages to get his teammates to talk the talk but he doesn't get them to walk the walk.

BTW is Rex Ryan a product of the Ravens or is that Ravens D a product of Ryan? Because they're all just blowhards who choke when it matters.

Ray Lewis is the man... there's no bigger hitter in the history of the NFL

:rolleyes: He couldn't carry **** Butkus's jockstrap. Honestly, what's with all this sudden Ray Lewis praise? His character is shady, to put it mildly. His greatest talent is hearing himself rant like an evangelist preacher and he's waaaaaay too much into bringing attention to himself while invoking "team." Yes, he's been a great player but also is a Class 1 creep.

Last edited:
Ray Lewis is the Ravens defensive version of Tom Brady.

Really? Can you point me to just 1 of the dozens of public times Tom like Ray has blamed losses on the other side of the ball?

Ray Lewis is the Ladamian Tomlinson of defense - a great player who is a divisive figure in the locker room committed to nothing so much as spreading the public image of himself as a team leader.

Good speech by a gifted speaker if you ask me.

I would say a gifted "preacher"…but I agree with your general assessment.

Personally…I would love Gronk or someone to pick up Bruschi's…."How do you feel about another Patriots victoreee……!!!"

Anyone see that speech? What a phony. I'm so glad we beat him. I respect him as a football player, but the whole pre-game sh*t, speeches, interviews, it's just this big phony act, especially considering it's coming from a murderer.

He's one of the most inspirational people in the league right now. He was merely helping his team get through a tough loss. How is he a phony? He's been this way for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes