PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis Self Appointed Rep of Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. This thread is utterly disgusting. Everyone makes mistakes in their lives, and just because they did in no way means they can't have close friends. Lewis has always been a religious and emotional person. These guys are extremely close to their alma mater's and take great pride in them.
It takes a big man to even play the next game after a friend of yours is murdered. I honestly can't believe you people would be critical of the way someone dealt with the death of a friend. This thread should be closed and you have all lost all your credibility when it comes to talking about anything.

Ray Lewis, with the way he dances around pregame and screams in everyone's faces for primetimes games, gives the impression that it's always about him. That's why I think people look at him a little cynically.

I think he was geniunely upset, I don't think he was faking it. But I can't blame people for thinking it looked a little phony.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. This thread is utterly disgusting. Everyone makes mistakes in their lives, and just because they did in no way means they can't have close friends. Lewis has always been a religious and emotional person. These guys are extremely close to their alma mater's and take great pride in them.
It takes a big man to even play the next game after a friend of yours is murdered. I honestly can't believe you people would be critical of the way someone dealt with the death of a friend. This thread should be closed and you have all lost all your credibility when it comes to talking about anything.

:confused: Wow... Breathe in. Breathe Out. What bothered me was that ESPN and Ray Lewis may it appeared like they were only Miami family members and Wilfork did not exist. Ray was saying "Let us win this for Family (Sean)". Why can not Wilfork and Meriweather win it for family (Sean)? I never say that there was anything wrong about grieving over a friend. Again. Breathe In. Breathe Out.

I'm glad they did not mention Merriweather. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned. Ever. He is awful. He's either stupid or not very good - perhaps both. But I know he's awful!

From what I heard Wilfork, Meriweather and REed got together and did something after teh game in tribute to Taylor...McGahee had gone to a presser...and?? I did finf THAt a bit annoying that somehow he was deemed spokesman...for what?? Sorry I find it too much about ray all the time..which is one reason the ravens are where they are..

From what I heard Wilfork, Meriweather and REed got together and did something after teh game in tribute to Taylor...McGahee had gone to a presser...and?? I did finf THAt a bit annoying that somehow he was deemed spokesman...for what?? Sorry I find it too much about ray all the time..which is one reason the ravens are where they are..

Yeah, Meriweather, Reed, and Wilfork did some sort of pose as a tribute.

Only complaint I have is why all the attention on Lewis? Reed, Meriweather, McGahee, and Wilfork were actually teammates of Taylor. Did ESPN think that Wilfork and Meriweather were unaffected?

Maybe Fatass Ray Ray should cry over the guy his friend shot.

Hey wdkantro2...everyone makes mistakes?

Who the hell are YOUR friends? He's a damn murderer thug sociopath...lied and paid his way out of that beef in Atlanta...I'm SHOCKED the league ever let him play another down. Equating a murderer with everyone else as far as mistakes go, is COMPLETELY MORONIC.

You're right. Ray Lewis is very close to his friends. He's even willing to lie under oath and obstruct a police investigation in order to prevent them from being brought to justice for the completely unjustifiable murders of two innocent men. And he got off with a slap on the wrist because he's a professional athlete; anyone else would be rotting in prison for the next 20 years.

How, exactly, are Sean Taylor and Ray Lewis connected? Because they went to school together? Oh, right, they didn't... Ray was long gone to the pros when Taylor was still popping zits in high school. Because they played together? They weren't even in the same conference. You seem to imply that because they went to the same college, they're best buddies. I'm sure you don't weep like a baby every time someone from your alma mater dies, regardless of whether you knew them or not. Ray Lewis is a drama queen with mental problems, and the gravest of character concerns in his past. It's unreal that you can't see this for what it is.

Last edited:
You're right. Ray Lewis is very close to his friends. He's even willing to lie under oath and obstruct a police investigation in order to prevent them from being brought to justice for the completely unjustifiable murders of two innocent men. And he got off with a slap on the wrist because he's a professional athlete; anyone else would be rotting in prison for the next 20 years.

How, exactly, are Sean Taylor and Ray Lewis connected? Because they went to school together? Oh, right, they didn't... Ray was long gone to the pros when Taylor was still popping zits in high school. Because they played together? They weren't even in the same conference. You seem to imply that because they went to the same college, they're best buddies. I'm sure you don't weep like a baby every time someone from your alma mater dies, regardless of whether you knew them or not. Ray Lewis is a drama queen with mental problems, and the gravest of character concerns in his past. It's unreal that you can't see this for what it is.

this is one of the best posts i've ever read on this site.
(i realize that probably isn't that comforting coming from me, but whatever)

A number of posts on this thread are pretty pathetic. I do not like Ray Lewis. I think he should be in jail. But to criticize him because tears were rolling down his cheeks during a moment for Taylor? I do not like Michael Irvin either. I bet you big bucks that tears were in his eyes during any of the ceremonies honoring Taylor. As a matter of fact, anyone from the "U" probably had heartfelt tears during the ceremonies this Sunday or Monday. Get a freakin' life you homers.

A number of posts on this thread are pretty pathetic. I do not like Ray Lewis. I think he should be in jail. But to criticize him because tears were rolling down his cheeks during a moment for Taylor? I do not like Michael Irvin either. I bet you big bucks that tears were in his eyes during any of the ceremonies honoring Taylor. As a matter of fact, anyone from the "U" probably had heartfelt tears during the ceremonies this Sunday or Monday. Get a freakin' life you homers.

Why? Explain to me the logic that says just because two guys graduated from the same college, they have to be crying their eyes out (especially when it was almost a decade and a half apart in Irvin's and Taylor's case)? I have a friend who attends Miami; "I bet you big bucks that tears were" NOT "in his eyes during any of the ceremonies honoring Taylor."

Yes, it was sad... you'll often see that I am one of the people leading the crusade for "some things are bigger than football." But implying that there's an emotional attachment between two people because they graduated from the same college is ludicrous.

FWIW, I shed a couple tears when Dimebag Darrell was killed, and I didn't know the guy personally.

I'm just saying that you dont need to 100% be best friends with someone to get emotional over someone's passing. Although I didnt see how overly emotional or not that Ray got Monday night

Wilfolk actually played with him the longest.

Yeah, Meriweather, Reed, and Wilfork did some sort of pose as a tribute.

Only complaint I have is why all the attention on Lewis? Reed, Meriweather, McGahee, and Wilfork were actually teammates of Taylor. Did ESPN think that Wilfork and Meriweather were unaffected?
apparently it's all about ray...they did their homework...NOT...

In response to primetime, did your friend play football at Miami? If you have ever heard the promo's for MNF, you would constantly hear the players calling out their college, the "U". There is a connection with the player who played there, even if they were a decade apart. Furthermore, I would suggest that there is a deeper bond with some of the black athletes. Oh, I know its a stretch to think that a person might have honest to God tears when another member of a fraternity is murdered, regardless of that person's history. Lets just get to the facts of the matter. Ray Lewis plays for the opposition whose antics have made him less favorable to some Patriot fans, thus, its hardly likely he could have felt any feelings toward another human being. Your right, its not logical for one person to shed tears for another.

Why? Explain to me the logic that says just because two guys graduated from the same college, they have to be crying their eyes out (especially when it was almost a decade and a half apart in Irvin's and Taylor's case)? I have a friend who attends Miami; "I bet you big bucks that tears were" NOT "in his eyes during any of the ceremonies honoring Taylor."

Yes, it was sad... you'll often see that I am one of the people leading the crusade for "some things are bigger than football." But implying that there's an emotional attachment between two people because they graduated from the same college is ludicrous.

It's kind of hard to fake tears though.

It's kind of hard to fake tears though.

not really.

On that NFLN commercial they said "what's next Ray, Acting"

and he said "All in due time people, all in due time"

so he probably could fake them if he wanted to.

Ray Lewis is one crackpipe away from being joing Mercury Morris at the bus stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back