PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis is retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dance at the end of that game is all you need to know about Ray Lewis.

If he is passing the guise of the dance off as something that gets the crown pumped up before the game, and it is something that he just did a few hours before, then why the 'look-at-me' finale.

It is always about Ray, it's not the message its the messenger with him.

I don't trust him in any way shape or form.

It is all about Ray for Ray.

In a way I kind of feel sorry for him chooses not to find peace, as hard as he proclaims he already has. Thin veil bud.

Spoken by a person who knows nothing about him and what he means to the city and fans of Baltimore.

The intro is the same every time he comes on the field and it is by far one of the best fan experiences you could have ever seen. The place goes nuts the second he steps on the field. If you never saw it in person, you will never get it.

As for the ending, also about the fans. As a fan that was there, in the last 4 minutes of the game the entire place was chanting his name and "thank you ray". He is an icon like Brady. His presence and dance on the field for the last play was picture perfect and exactly how every fan in Baltimore would have scripted it. FYI he was taking his pads off when Harbaugh came over and offered for him to go in on the last play. Then his teammates dared him to do the dance afterwards.

I don't expect you all to understand. He is a Baltimore icon and a legend of the Ravens.

Here's hoping we meet you in the Afccg and pickup the gift we left you last year.

Go ravens

Last edited:
Hey, I don't blame Ravens fans. I blame the media which wants to profit off the story about him becoming this 'good guy' after being involved in something in which two people were murdered. The fluff pieces from ESPN and the NFL Network help to raise him to some level of sainthood. Consciously or not, their stories make it seem as if he was some modern day Saul. A horrible man redeeming himself. In a deeply religious country, that appeals. Instead of excoriating him for his involvement in two murders, they elevate him for 'doing good' because of those deaths.

It's a 'feel-good' story when there is nothing good about it.

I'm told that he's going to substitute a dance in place of his Hall of Fame induction speech.

Spoken by a person who knows nothing about him and what he means to the city and fans of Baltimore.

The intro is the same every time he comes on the field and it is by far one of the best fan experiences you could have ever seen. The place goes nuts the second he steps on the field. If you never saw it in person, you will never get it.

As for the ending, also about the fans. As a fan that was there, in the last 4 minutes of the game the entire place was chanting his name and "thank you ray". He is an icon like Brady. His presence and dance on the field for the last play was picture perfect and exactly how every fan in Baltimore would have scripted it. FYI he was taking his pads off when Harbaugh came over and offered for him to go in on the last play. Then his teammates dared him to do the dance afterwards.

I don't expect you all to understand. He is a Baltimore icon and a legend of the Ravens.

Here's hoping we meet you in the Afccg and pickup the gift we left you last year.

Go ravens

If the Patriots and Ravens meet again in the postseason, the Patriots would wipe the field with the Ravens.

So I guess Reggie Wayne didn't enjoy the show:

Jake Query ‏@jakequery
Reggie Wayne on Ray Lewis's dance at conclusion of Sunday's game: " I saw it as disrespectful. They'd already had a tribute every quarter"

Go ravens

What gift was that? The awesome play of knocking the ball out of Evans hands?

So I guess Reggie Wayne didn't enjoy the show:

Jake Query ‏@jakequery
Reggie Wayne on Ray Lewis's dance at conclusion of Sunday's game: " I saw it as disrespectful. They'd already had a tribute every quarter"

:rofl: :rofl: thats the funniest thing i have read in a long time, and i completely agree with Reggie. Its funny how the ravens fans say that the Pats are cheaters etc and should face punishment when they have been harboring a criminal in their midst, and mind you killing/assisting in a murder is a far far far worse crime than taping an opponents walkthrough.

:rofl: :rofl: thats the funniest thing i have read in a long time, and i completely agree with Reggie. Its funny how the ravens fans say that the Pats are cheaters etc and should face punishment when they have been harboring a criminal in their midst, and mind you killing/assisting in a murder is a far far far worse crime than taping an opponents walkthrough.

Enlighten us
Who taped an opponent's walk thru? :confused:

2001 Rams????

This hole is for the clueless and uninformed.

Have at it Rico.
320sw0sw7847.gif

This hole is for the clueless and uninformed.

Have at it Rico.
320sw0sw7847.gif

Excellent use of visuals and text -- though I think perhaps you misread my (two-word) post.

Welkerstache said:
You will get blown out, and murderin' Ray will probably start hacking and slashing his way through his own team.

GFY.

A nice PM welcome from your fellow Pats fans here.

Stay classy Pats Fan. :cool:

Are you a pro wrestling fan as well? Just wondering.

What gift was that? The awesome play of knocking the ball out of Evans hands?

Partly since Lee Evans is apparently the weakest damn receiver. Tell me Welker gets that punched out. Doubt it.

But mostly Cundiff missing an extra point of a FG to send it to overtime.

The scoreboard is all that matters of course, and you went to the SB instead of us.

As for Reggie Wayne..... haters gonna hate. Don't really care what he had to say. At the end of the day, those guys are all entertainers and playing for the enjoyment of the fans. And what Ray did was 100% for the fans in that stadium who were cheering and chanting his name.

Last edited:
Are you a pro wrestling fan as well? Just wondering.

Not at all. I ask you, have you ever seen it? Do you not cheer when your team comes on the field? Does not the announce get hyped up at Gillete when the team runs on the field? Are there fireworks in Foxboro? Or do Tom and the rest of the guys just show up on the sideline like they were are walking to a bus stop?

Its entertainment. And the energy and excitement that runs through that stadium when Nelly comes on the PA and Ray comes out of the tunnel is like very little I've seen.

despite me not liking the ravens, I would LOVE to see them go into Denver and defeat the Broncos.

1. it would give manning his 8th loss in the first round of the playoffs.

2. IF the pats win against the texans, they would have home field

Not at all. I ask you, have you ever seen it? Do you not cheer when your team comes on the field? Does not the announce get hyped up at Gillete when the team runs on the field? Are there fireworks in Foxboro? Or do Tom and the rest of the guys just show up on the sideline like they were are walking to a bus stop?

Its entertainment. And the energy and excitement that runs through that stadium when Nelly comes on the PA and Ray comes out of the tunnel is like very little I've seen.

I take a dim view of individual self-aggrandizement in team sports. You can have your excitement and entertainment over Ray's 'hood jive dance. The Patriots have no "Hey look at me!" types and I like it that way.

By the way, I'm also curious how you rationalized Ray's still VERY shady connection with the double murder. He just seems dirty as hell. How can you love the guy with these questions hanging over him:

Why, when Lewis made an appearance at a sporting goods store the day before the Super Bowl, did his friends buy knives at the store?

Why did witnesses say the limo pulled over and someone dumped bloody clothes into a trash bin?

Why was the white suit Ray Lewis wore that night never found?

Why did the limo driver change his story mid-trial after originally testifying that Lewis told everyone to "just keep your mouth shut and don't say nothing"? Originally, the driver told police he saw Lewis actively taking part in the bloody brawl and heard Oakley and Sweeting admit to stabbing someone. But he backed off those statements when he got on the witness stand.

Why did prosecutors reduce the murder charge against Lewis to misdemeanor obstruction of justice? It was a plea deal in which Lewis agreed to testify against his two friends, Oakley and Sweeting, who were later acquitted after Lewis' testimony failed to implicate them in the murders.

This stinks to high heaven. Anyone saying otherwise simply is in denial.

despite me not liking the ravens, I would LOVE to see them go into Denver and defeat the Broncos.

1. it would give manning his 8th loss in the first round of the playoffs.

2. IF the pats win against the texans, they would have home field

A loss would also make Manning 1-4 in playoff games after a bye. His only win was over the Broncos in Indy. He then got slaughtered in NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back