PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis is retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they boot Cris Carter for Ray Lewis, I might actually watch ESPN again.

-1.jpg

in singletary's case, bringing out the best in his teammates, he was the general

I'm pretty sure Ray-Ray is the leader of the Raven's D. Even if Mike was a better motivator (arguable), not sure how that makes him a better MLB.

When do you expect him to be canonized?

What does that mean? The post was right on point about his ability to play football.

Did you cheer for Tony Collins and Dave Meggett? Bet you did mate. If Ray signed with the Patriots tomorrow tell me in good faith you wouldn't root for him. I venture to think you'd even buy his jersey (Ghast!!!)

This is ridiculous, from start to finish. First of all, Lewis TESTIFIED AGAINST THE DEFENDANTS. They got off regardless.

Second, Low-paid, self-righteous prosecutors SALIVATE over the opportunity to crucify rich, entitled athletes. The idea that a professional athlete, particularly one with no ties to the Atlanta community, would receive favorable treatment from the Atlanta DA is preposterous. The reason why Lewis didn't do any time is because he had competent legal counsel that would fight bogus charges, so the DA took what he could get in a plea deal.

I'd note as well that Lewis get the maximum penalty allowed under law for a first-time offender.

Sounds to me like a lot of bias that's never going to change.

Guess this leaves Jim Caldwell to fire up the Ravens next year.

TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

Wow. Another confidently uninformed citizen.

I went back and Googled a number of articles on the murders to refresh my memory. I stand corrected on part of my post, but just as convinced Lewis is a scumbag. How anyone can defend fleeing from an incident in which two people are stabbed to death is
incomprehensible. If one is to believe the limo driver, two of the assailants brag about the stabbing. Lewis put money up for the victims family which might be kindhearted or guilt ridden. No one was found guilty of two murders and Lewis retains some of his fan base. Maybe they will erect a statue of him in Baltimore.

I'm pretty sure Ray-Ray is the leader of the Raven's D. Even if Mike was a better motivator (arguable), not sure how that makes him a better MLB.

Mike Singletary was pretty damn close but I'd still give the nod to Ray.

Butkus, Nitschke, Lambert, and Willie Lanier seem to be the top few that should be mentioned in the same discussion.

Ray Lewis is an arrogant blowhard who has been mistakenly led to believe his thoughts are profound and inspiring. Lewis is redundant. Chris Carter is already doing a superb job in that role.

I dislike the Ravens, but I have respect for Lewis! Certain first ballot HoFer and just watched his final entrance on NFL.com.

Is a great LB and I think everybody will agree with that!

Watching the attention whore pre-game I see Dancing with the Stars in his retirement future

Do us one favor before you retire, Ray Ray: go murder(allegedly) PayaTon next weekend,
or have someone else do it then lie for him.

Watching the attention whore pre-game I see Dancing with the Stars in his retirement future
Completely agree with you, infact the ESPN message boards are full of posts criticizing him... here are a few
Ray Lewis outside an Atlanta club with a knife
41 Minutes Ago
ray lewis did not kill that man
1 fan likes this.
40 Minutes Ago
Ray Lewis outside an Atlanta club with a knife
we have contrasting names
40 Minutes Ago
Dsr.blackmamba
Your screen names are the only ones having a conversation.

Irish_Joe_75
If you kill someone, but you are not found guilty, then you really didn't kill that person.
-Ravens fans
3 fans like this.

59Redmen
Ray is one of the greatest ever to do it, but his self promotion is disgusting. His antics today was all about look at me, look at me. He wanted the attention over the teams accomplishment. He hasnt been there all season and he wants prance around like a freakin circus clown. Selfish .Selfish.Selfish.Selfish.
2 fans like this.

he lied to the police about a murder investigation. He dumped his suit the night of the murder (never found) that was said to have blood on it. He is a POS

he lied to the police about a murder investigation. He dumped his suit the night of the murder (never found) that was said to have blood on it. He is a POS

Exactly,I heard that he paid the victims family a million dollars? why would you do that if you didn't feel the guilt? out of the goodness of our heart? BS

Ray Lewis might be the greatest inspirational speaker in NFL history. I had that reserved for Marv Levy (yes THAT Marv Levy) for the longest time, but reviewing some of Lewis's speeches he is undoubtedly the best. He makes you want to run through a brick wall. He is the 3rd best LB of all time (I still have Butkus and LT ahead of him) and will easily be a HOFer.

His off the field life is questionable, but then again most NFL players aren't exactly saints. And I would put no stock into thinking this is all a motivational hoax. If he was going to pull that card, why not pull it before the AFCCG last season?

We witnessed a legend on the defensive side of the ball do his work for over a decade. Congrats to a great career.

He might have a motivational speaker career post NFL? I wouldn't doubt it. He could be able to make more in that arena than NFL, if he does it right.

Last edited:
The dance at the end of that game is all you need to know about Ray Lewis.

If he is passing the guise of the dance off as something that gets the crown pumped up before the game, and it is something that he just did a few hours before, then why the 'look-at-me' finale.

It is always about Ray, it's not the message its the messenger with him.

I don't trust him in any way shape or form.

It is all about Ray for Ray.

In a way I kind of feel sorry for him as he has choosen not to find peace, as hard as he proclaims he already has. Thin veil bud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye