PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis is retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is never possible to discuss Ray Lewis the player on a Patriots forum. Almost like discussing the obvious ability of BB with Steelers fans.

It is never possible to discuss Ray Lewis the player on a Patriots forum. Almost like discussing the obvious ability of BB with Steelers fans.

There is no debate about his accomplishments on the field, but Ray Lewis is hardly the only player whose off-field issues have been discussed in this forum.

Okay, how do you feel about OJ Simpson? Rae Carruth?

I've spent a few hours of my dreary life excoriating Ray Lewis for his deeds of the field...however, he has managed to rehabilitate his image these last three or four years, has built bridges with the important star players of other teams league wide,including Tom Brady..and he will step right into a mic and a seat on NFLN or ESPN the week he retires.

He is a natural...there can be no one with higher credibility explaining modern NFL defense and all the inside intricasies from the eyes of THIS man, arguably one of the top three MLB's in the sports history.

Hate on him all you want, you WILL be seeing a lot more of him going forward.

After thinking about this a bit more…. Anyone else find the eerie similarity between Ray Lewis’ retirement announcement and that of Jerome Bettis?? Anyone here remembers Superbowl XL (Seahawks vs. Steelers)??? The questionable officiating that gave the game to the Steelers? Almost as if to give ‘The Bus’ his last chance at a ring??? :mad: I smell Ravens at the Superbowl… :rolleyes:

If that happens - or if PayATon's in the SB - I'm not watching even one microsecond of any of it.

I never understood all of the Ray Lewis hate, he has more than made amends for his past actions though his charitable work.

Let it go, Ray Lewis is a Hall of Famer who deserves recognition for his ability and leadership.

All of the murder talk about Ray Lewis is so petty, like all of the Spygate bull**** we are forced to put up with every year.

So Ray's son is going to play for "The U", eh? Bill, send a scout.

His representatives met with “several of the NFL broadcast networks” during the season, and one of the things that drew him to ESPN was the flexibility to attend his son’s games at the University of Miami on fall Saturdays, rather than prepping for Sunday shows on other networks.

This is comedy gold.

The biggest challenge might be figuring out who to crowbar aside to make room for Lewis, as ESPN often struggles to balance the contributions of the many already on hand. With a set full of Keyshawn Johnsons and Cris Carters, they only have room for so much bluster.

I dont know about you guys but I'd rather listen to Lewis over almost anyone else on ESPN

I look forward to hearing from Ray Lewis. He's an impressive man.

Great player.

Top 5 defensive players that I've ever seen

LT
Reggie White
Deion
Ray
Bruce Smith

Great player.

Top 5 defensive players that I've ever seen

LT
Reggie White
Deion
Ray
Bruce Smith

How are Adam Seward and Connor Barwin not on that list?

I never understood all of the Ray Lewis hate, he has more than made amends for his past actions though his charitable work.

Let it go, Ray Lewis is a Hall of Famer who deserves recognition for his ability and leadership.

All of the murder talk about Ray Lewis is so petty, like all of the Spygate bull**** we are forced to put up with every year.

To equate murder, in which the sainted, rehabilitated, and charitable Mr. Lewis was involved, with "Spygate" is a real reach.

It may not be a matter of judgement, as you frame it; it may be a matter of morality on the non-trivial issue of the deaths of two men. The murderers, whoever they may be, have gone unpunished and I am not aware of anything Ray Lewis has ever done to assist the police in solving the crime or in aiding the families of the victims.

BINGO. (although I do believe it was just one man).

Lewis enabled his HOMIES to ditch bloody clothes and a knife, enabled them & he fled the scene (& the state), lied to investigators, and when faced with prosecution he continued to protect a bunch of scum.

If he wasnt prosecuted by an incompetent 'states' attorney for the WRONG CHARGE (IMO intentionally to enable the attorney to get credit for trying -while still letting a prominent/popular guy off the hook) he would have either done time or been forced him to give states evidence against his buds.

I lived in Atlanta at the time. The poor victim's family never got a shred of consideration from either city of Atlanta nor "Mr Lewis". Lewis got all kinds of preferential treatment.

I hate it when people do this. They take this holier than thou approach to everything, Its like everyone needs to take their own personal shot at guys like Ray Lewis or Michael Vick no matter how much they have changed since.

Ray Lewis is one of the top players to every have played this game and that is how i will remember him, he has done more than enough to absolve himself of his sins, if he truly is a religious man, he will atone for his sins with his god or pay for them at his time of judgment, whatever he has done, he must live with it now, i think he cares more about that than what some jerk offs on a Pats forum think.

To equate murder, in which the sainted, rehabilitated, and charitable Mr. Lewis was involved, with "Spygate" is a real reach.

And pretty damn disgusting, too. Last I checked... Spygate resulted in ZERO fatalities.

For being an excellent linebacker, we are supposed to forget that his actions then and now have resulted in there being nobody to pay for a major crime in which two people died. If he was such a great person, as is claimed, he would be making it his mission to help catch the killers. If he was innocent, as he has claimed, why settle with the families? If he was as charitable as others have claimed, why wait until facing civil prosecution to give those families monetary help?

As for the whole "He'll pay for it with his God" argument.... seriously? We are supposed to be satisfied that some metaphysical sky being will judge him if there's an afterlife while he gets to live the rest of his life here on earth free of guilt because he does nice things? Really?

Last edited:
As for the whole "He'll pay for it with his God" argument.... seriously? We are supposed to be satisfied that some metaphysical sky being will judge him if there's an afterlife while he gets to live the rest of his life here on earth free of guilt because he does nice things? Really?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Last edited:
I hate it when people do this. They take this holier than thou approach to everything, Its like everyone needs to take their own personal shot at guys like Ray Lewis or Michael Vick no matter how much they have changed since.

Ray Lewis is one of the top players to every have played this game and that is how i will remember him, he has done more than enough to absolve himself of his sins, if he truly is a religious man, he will atone for his sins with his god or pay for them at his time of judgment, whatever he has done, he must live with it now, i think he cares more about that than what some jerk offs on a Pats forum think.

"Holier than thou approach" !!!!!!!!!!

To be critical of man who was involved in a murder, either as a perpetrator, accomplice, or witness, and who did nothing to aid the police in solving said crime and, to the best of my knowledge, has never made a public apology to the families of the victims for his role, does not constitute moral arrogance.

Famous and wealthy athletes (and politicians, and movies stars, etc.) have lawyers, accountants, PR flacks and others to help them navigate the shoals of their own misbehavior. It's clear that Mr. Lewis has had some success in rehabilitating his image (I think Richard Nixon had as well), but whether he is truly reformed can only be known to his closest friends and associates. Hopefully, they are not the same group who accompanied him to the Cobalt Lounge.

And by the way, descent into namecalling does little to advance your argument.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back