PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis is retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try. MLK's strategy was to make peace with whites, never to provoke them or do anything that made them uncomfortable. Malcolm X is the better comparision. Believe me, he was labelled a "thug" and far worse.

I think what you meant to write, other than omitting the personal attack at the end, was:

I have no idea what happened that night but because I harbor an irrational hatred towards Ray Lewis, I choose to believe that he acted in a "thuggish" way.

Nope, what I meant to say is exactly what I wrote. I took your own words and proved you wrong. Deal with it.

I don't have an irrational hatred for Ray Lewis. I don't have any hatred toward the man. But I sure don't care for murderers and criminal of all ilks being given a free pass just because 1. they have money, and 2. they can play ball.

And I do resent like all hell your having the gall to play the race card when you talk to me. You know nothing about me and you have no business doing that.

So take your butthurt fanlove for that thug with you and feel free to never address me again. You lost that privilege when you hinted at my being racist or making a racist comment.

Some people, I tell you. The nerves. People should know their place - and their place is never to pull that sort of crap.

Personally, I would rather the Pats selected Ray Lewis instead of Theresa Glenn that year. Yes, Glenn had a great rookie year but if you look at the talented wide receivers that were selected later in the draft the Pats would have set themselves up for many more years of success. Who knows, maybe Parcells would have stayed longer instead of bolting for the NYJ.

I read this and I couldn't believe that they were both taken in '96 draft. I looked back at that draft and found it harder to believe that Lewis went 26th (4th linebacker taken).

I'd have to dig up an old draft guide to find out what the opinion was on Lewis heading into the draft. It's almost surreal, though, when a guy plays that long and you look at the other players taken in the first round.

There were the guys who didn't work out, but then you see guys who had great careers, like Eddie George and Marvin Harrison, and it seems like they retired a long time ago.

But, yeah, knowing how it would work out, I wouldn't have minded if the Patriots sent Baltimore their #2 pick (Sorry, Lawyer) and maybe a '97 3rd round pick to move back into the 1st round.

Nope, what I meant to say is exactly what I wrote. I took your own words and proved you wrong. Deal with it.

I don't have an irrational hatred for Ray Lewis. I don't have any hatred toward the man. But I sure don't care for murderers and criminal of all ilks being given a free pass just because 1. they have money, and 2. they can play ball.

And I do resent like all hell your having the gall to play the race card when you talk to me. You know nothing about me and you have no business doing that.

So take your butthurt fanlove for that thug with you and feel free to never address me again. You lost that privilege when you hinted at my being racist or making a racist comment.

Some people, I tell you. The nerves. People should know their place - and their place is never to pull that sort of crap.

I know nothing about you, but you are calling him a murderer and a thug (which means what, a gangster?). Since there is no evidence of either, it is clearly born of your own prejudice. That seems plain as day. Instead of getting upset at me, perhaps you should engage in some thoughtful self-reflection. I don't care for Ray Lewis one way or the other (although I think he has lived about as clean a 13 years as one can live since the incident), I just notice this kind of talk from time to time on this site (be it about Ed Reed , Donte Stallworth or some other "thug" du jour) and it bothers me. Oh, and by the way, my "place" is to say whatever I feel on a message board as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the forum. I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just making an observation about your comments. Peace!

Racism is no joke, fella, and my track record in this matter speaks for itself. You have no business attacking it, especially if your only basis for doing so is a couple of "it seems". So no, your place is not to feel entitled to do that. Period.

About the only smart thing you've said so far is "I know nothing about you." You were on to something there. Too bad you felt the need to move on from that and spew the rest of the garbage you spewed.

I know nothing about you, but you are calling him a murderer and a thug (which means what, a gangster?). Since there is no evidence of either, it is clearly born of your own prejudice. That seems plain as day. Instead of getting upset at me, perhaps you should engage in some thoughtful self-reflection. I don't care for Ray Lewis one way or the other (although I think he has lived about as clean a 13 years as one can live since the incident), I just notice this kind of talk from time to time on this site (be it about Ed Reed , Donte Stallworth or some other "thug" du jour) and it bothers me. Oh, and by the way, my "place" is to say whatever I feel on a message board as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the forum. I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just making an observation about your comments. Peace!

Prejudice - an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

Prejudice | Define Prejudice at Dictionary.com

So, you're labelling someone with an inflammatory word, and you don't even have the right word. The person in need of self-reflection on this issue is you.

Also, take this nonsense over to the political forum.

Prejudice | Define Prejudice at Dictionary.com

So, you're labelling someone with an inflammatory word, and you don't even have the right word. The person in need of self-reflection on this issue is you.

Also, take this nonsense over to the political forum.

Forming an unfavorable opinion without knowledge. That's the problem here...anyhoo. Reading, it's good for you.

On the other hand...I have no prejudices with respect to you, friend. Actually, you have provided more than 33,000 examples of your inability to formulate or understand rational thought, engage in thoughful discourse, or lend anything to this forum other than empty pedagoguery derived no doubt from a lack of human interaction of any kind other than what can be experienced through the computer that you must sit in front of for 16 hours a day. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
I hope Ray Ray rips Peyton Manning a new one, and then declines just as he heads into Foxboro for the AFC championship game. ^_^

I read this and I couldn't believe that they were both taken in '96 draft. I looked back at that draft and found it harder to believe that Lewis went 26th (4th linebacker taken).

I'd have to dig up an old draft guide to find out what the opinion was on Lewis heading into the draft. It's almost surreal, though, when a guy plays that long and you look at the other players taken in the first round.

There were the guys who didn't work out, but then you see guys who had great careers, like Eddie George and Marvin Harrison, and it seems like they retired a long time ago.

But, yeah, knowing how it would work out, I wouldn't have minded if the Patriots sent Baltimore their #2 pick (Sorry, Lawyer) and maybe a '97 3rd round pick to move back into the 1st round.

If we're playing that game, I'd trade down and take Marvin Harrison. Then I'd draft Brian Dawkins in the late 2nd with that additional pick. Imagine a defense with both Dawkins and Milloy!! In addition to Ty Law?? Harrison could also have broken some records with Drew at his prime. Bledsoe could really launch that deep ball.

Then again, that lineup might have won Tuna a Superbowl. Then he would never have left town, and BB/Brady might never have happened. So I guess messing with history might not be a good idea after all. Hehe.

Last edited:
Forming an unfavorable opinion without knowledge. That's the problem here...anyhoo. Reading, it's good for you.

People know what happened, to one degree or another. That eliminates the prejudice. At the point, the question is the accuracy of what's known, and agreemennt about opinions formed, not a prejudice.

Comprehension.... it'd be great for you.

On the other hand...I have no prejudices with respect to you, friend. Actually, you have provided more than 33,000 examples of your inability to formulate or understand rational thought, engage in thoughful discourse, or lend anything to this forum other than empty pedagoguery derived no doubt from a lack of human interaction of any kind other than what can be experienced through the computer that you must sit in front of for 16 hours a day. Have a nice day!

And here you prove that your gripe is really nothing more than hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back