PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis calls Adalius Thomas a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ray Lewis calls Adalius Thomas a coward.

He really didn't say anything wrong. I think it waas the limelight comment that got himm going. I think Lewis thought the comments were directed at him.

And to show how wrong AT was, he ran to the nearest media for attention :D

Lewis is lucky he isn't sitting behind bars. He's an unconvicted criminal and total loser. He was an outstanding football player but not anymore. He's one step above Michael Vick in the game of life.

What a thug.....anyone wish he were a Patriot?? I do not...He's going to bring the Ravens down..and if he rhinks in 2 weeks the team will beat the Steelers...NO WAY!!

Beat you to it! This needs to go in every thread where Ray Lewis is mentioned.

Haha sorry to bite I didn't see it. I searched far and wide and threw down 15 bucks for the SNL TV Funhouse dvd just to see that lol. There were a couple other good clips on there but that one definitely take sthe cake. Ive thought of making it a sig lol.

And to show how wrong AT was, he ran to the nearest media for attention :D

Good call. I didn't even notice the irony there.

I love ADT, but the I read the comments in the latest SI, it surprised me. He does not fully understand the Patriots way yet. Sure nothing he said was too controversial, but he did took a dig at his former teammates and coach - that is just not cool on any level.

Patriots way = Keep the mouths shutty and play football.

What compounds this act by ADT is that we play the Ravens this year. We don't need to give their team extra motivation to body slam Brady to the ground. They still have a huge defense and can do some damage.

Last edited:

What did Thomas say that was wrong? :confused:

Ray Lewis does a 12 step celebration dance for jumping on a pile. He hasn't been a relevent player in 2-3 years, if not longer.

Sorry Lewis. Your time is over.

Thomas was right on the money. Simply put, the truth hurts.

He really didn't say anything wrong. I think it waas the limelight comment that got himm going. I think Lewis thought the comments were directed at him.

You come to a great team, you're in a good situation. Why would you start making negative comments about your old team? That is never productive. It sounds like Lewis feels AT should have addressed it while he was on the team, if he felt it was such a problem, rather than waiting until after he left to take shots.

Last edited:

The original piece which pissed off Ray Ray...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_layden/10/16/patriots1022/index.html

He knew precious little about the New England Patriots. There were those three Super Bowl rings. There was the coach in the gray sweatshirt who seemed so imperious and distant. "He never smiled," says Adalius Thomas, a Pro Bowl linebacker who spent seven seasons with the Baltimore Ravens before reaching the open market last winter as an unrestricted free agent. There were the players, enemies whom he scarcely knew.

Something made them different. On March 3 Thomas signed a five-year, $35 million contract with the Patriots. With it came a silver helmet, a blue-and-white jersey and, most important, a key to the inner sanctum.

There he found his answer. "You've got to remember, I'm coming in from Baltimore," says Thomas. "People there wanted the limelight, people sought out the limelight, starting with the head coach. It was a star-studded system. Here it's about as different as you can get. Everybody here shies away from being the star guy. Nobody on this team beats his chest. They just all go about their business. And win."

Ray Lewis... murdering scumbag.

The Ravens are done and he knows it!

frankly thomas couldve said nothing about the ravens and their coach. he is new to this team , he will learn.

When exactly did AT make these comments?

Yeah he would have been better off just saying his time there is over. He's a Patriot now and looks forward to helping the team win.

The Ravens are going to be fired up for that game big time.

Frankly I'm glad AD said what he did and he said it thoughtfully and tactfully. It's something everyone with half a brain knows about the Ravens team and genius HC (QB guru - wasn't that his supposed strong suit...) as well as this team and it's dourly portrayed HC. Ray, like a dimwitted message board troll, handled his response poorly in part because he can't refute what was said. And, because they just lost to Buffalo!!!!!!!!!! And then to underscore AD's point Ray flat out threw his HC under the bus!

I love it. :rofl:

I cant say I have seen a ton of Raven games but I normally catch one or two a year on the tube, and in my humble and rather uneducated opinion, Lewis has been pretty much an average middle linebacker the past few years. And, yet, everyone still treats him, and he treats himself, as if he is the best.

Maybe that is what AT was saying....

Ray, don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Buh bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey