PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis - Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there's a real character guy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If he was convicted of it, I'd hold it against him.

Innocent until proven guilty (unless obvious, ala OJ).

Is the irony that I am "MMAsterKILLah"? MMA=Mixed Martial Arts, where you are supposed to go for the kill.

Last edited:
I think Snyder already blew his wad on Haynesworth and Hall, so Lewis won't be wearing red and yellow this year.

I was thinking more of a clay-faced owner/GM with a new stadium and an unslakable thirst for the spotlight.

I'd be thrilled with Ray, as if he signs, it won't be for TOO MUCH.

He is the best LB of this generation and he had a resurgence of sorts this past season. I'm not sure he would want to come here, but if he did, I am sure he would thrive.

I don't see any thing wrong with a smaller type 3 yr/20-22 mill deal with Lewis, especially considering we were just paying almost 5 a yr to Vrabel. Rumors are that the Ravens were offering abt 8 mill. a yr, so I don't think it'd be possible. And comparing Vrabel and Lewis' age together is like apples and oranges, one is on the downside of his career, the other still has plenty to bring to the table.

If the thinking is that we got rid of Vrabel to bring in a better option 'til this yrs draft chosen LB's pan out, then fine. But if we got rid of Vrabel just to save on cap space, then no.

Everyone knows he comes off as an A-Hole, but the man plays hurt, he pumps the team up, he is a proven leader, and he can still play with the best of them. I really don't see it happening money-wise, but I certainly wouldn't be as upset as some others here. Hell, he'd probably be able to teach Mayo a little also, so no, I don't really feel he'd be a locker room cancer like some. Imagining both on the inside would be scary

Not with a ten foot pole. All that mumbo jumbo he does on the sideline before games is bullchitt, he's to olde and tooo expensive.

I wouldn't mind him for cheap but that's not going to happen. There are plenty of LB's on the roster and in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes