PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Allen is done.

First off you're wrong, which is no surprise, and secondly you're FOS about being sorry to say. Ray played exceptional defense all series long. He almost singlehandedly won us game 2 with his playoff record setting 3 point performance. After that he did go cold, but he more than made up for it most nights by taking on Kobe so Pierce wouldn't have to.

Danny put this big three together in hopes of creating a 3 year window in which they would once again compete for a championship. In that time they went to the finals twice and won once. Considering what they as an organization were rising up from, that is nothing short of incredible. Considering the way their season unfolded this year, just getting to game 7 from the 4 seed was a remarkable accomplishment.

Ray Allen is probably one of the classiest and decentest and likeable players in a league full of thugs and idiots and egomaniacs it's not easy to root for. I feel the same way about him as I felt about Rodney, wish we'd known him sooner. And as far as I'm concerned he's welcome to remain here as long as he and the organization want him to.

Oh, and you're a kneejerk idiot.
RayRay's defense was pretty spot on all series. His offense not so much. His game 2 was one of the all time finals performances.

Should be interesting to see what happens with Allen and the age of our side.

No, I'm not having a kneejerk reaction and as far as being an idiot, that is your opinion no matter how small-minded it may be. I am sorry that Ray's best days are well behind him, and I've been a fan since he was at UCONN which I have also been a lifelong fan of, just like sox, pats, and celts. I also agree he is a high class individual, however, his best ballin days are gone and he is not worth 19.7 mill/yr. This makes him the 8th highest paid player in the NBA. Did he play like that in this series? He missed a ton of shots. He is paid to be a shooter, pinhead. Sorry, the truth hurts.

No, I'm not having a kneejerk reaction and as far as being an idiot, that is your opinion no matter how small-minded it may be. I am sorry that Ray's best days are well behind him, and I've been a fan since he was at UCONN which I have also been a lifelong fan of, just like sox, pats, and celts. I also agree he is a high class individual, however, his best ballin days are gone and he is not worth 19.7 mill/yr. This makes him the 8th highest paid player in the NBA. Did he play like that in this series? He missed a ton of shots. He is paid to be a shooter, pinhead. Sorry, the truth hurts.
Garnett is paid to defend and he didn't in the first two games at all. Do you want to cut him too? It's a knee jerk reaction. I was disappointed with Ray Allen offensively but this team lost the championship collectively, not singularly.

The Lakers weren't scoring huge. We kept them to manageable scores but the whole side didn't execute offensively. Rondo missed a heap of free throws, Ray's shooting was average bar game 2, Pierce tried to force to many plays etc. There's a whole host of reasons.. not just Ray Allen for this series loss.

Last edited:
russell__1276836591_8827.gif

First off you're wrong, which is no surprise, and secondly you're FOS about being sorry to say. Ray played exceptional defense all series long. He almost singlehandedly won us game 2 with his playoff record setting 3 point performance. After that he did go cold, but he more than made up for it most nights by taking on Kobe so Pierce wouldn't have to.

Danny put this big three together in hopes of creating a 3 year window in which they would once again compete for a championship. In that time they went to the finals twice and won once. Considering what they as an organization were rising up from, that is nothing short of incredible. Considering the way their season unfolded this year, just getting to game 7 from the 4 seed was a remarkable accomplishment.

Ray Allen is probably one of the classiest and decentest and likeable players in a league full of thugs and idiots and egomaniacs it's not easy to root for. I feel the same way about him as I felt about Rodney, wish we'd known him sooner. And as far as I'm concerned he's welcome to remain here as long as he and the organization want him to.

Oh, and you're a kneejerk idiot.

The ability to play defense but not be able to hit a jump shot for extremely long stretches is not worth $20M. Time to let him go.

Allen just signed a two year deal with the Celtic reportedly worth $10M per year.

Allen just signed a two year deal with the Celtic reportedly worth $10M per year.

Very good news ... with some luck with health we can make at least 1 more run.

Hopefully we can sign Shaq ... I think a very good move.

I think with us he would play the best ... just to shove it up Kobe's AZZhole

Last edited:

your kidding? what a bargain .and the contract would be up the same time kgs is up, that is perfect. the team will have a chance to reload.

Last edited:
The ability to play defense but not be able to hit a jump shot for extremely long stretches is not worth $20M. Time to let him go.

Defense is such a big factor for the Celts I don't think it's value - and Allen's value on Defense - can be underestimated

But I agree his cold shooting streaks make him a weak link in the offense... on his cold shooting nights he's going to be an albatross as defenses will collapse and all but ignore him

I expect there's a good number of other teams (Cleveland if they kept LeBron... Chicago) who had similar offers on the table so the price of $10 million was deemed fair and affordable. I also think that Allen's conditioning requires that anyone consider him to be less than his 35 years come the start of the season.

The biggest plus for me is his free throw shooting. It's great to have a guy on the team that can be on the court at the end of a close game... can handle the ball, potentially drain a 3 pointer or other jump shot, and be near 100% from the line when fouled.

Far too many games are lost on the line at the end of the game - having Allen makes that far less likely for the Celts, and is something I'd happily pay a premium for.

Defense is such a big factor for the Celts I don't think it's value - and Allen's value on Defense - can be underestimated

But I agree his cold shooting streaks make him a weak link in the offense... on his cold shooting nights he's going to be an albatross as defenses will collapse and all but ignore him

I expect there's a good number of other teams (Cleveland if they kept LeBron... Chicago) who had similar offers on the table so the price of $10 million was deemed fair and affordable. I also think that Allen's conditioning requires that anyone consider him to be less than his 35 years come the start of the season.

The biggest plus for me is his free throw shooting. It's great to have a guy on the team that can be on the court at the end of a close game... can handle the ball, potentially drain a 3 pointer or other jump shot, and be near 100% from the line when fouled.

Far too many games are lost on the line at the end of the game - having Allen makes that far less likely for the Celts, and is something I'd happily pay a premium for.

Chicago, New York, and Miami were reportedly the three teams that had interest in Allen.

I can live with that.

Thank goodness, everyone was hanging on your verdict of the deal. Seriously, you went so far out of your way to trash this guy after a mediocre first half of the season. Dude lit it up in the second half and was a driving force in the celtics run to the finals. Clutch shots, dagger 3s, great decisions, positional defense, he played so far from "done".

Keep talking negative though, it only drives true champions like this man to greater heights.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back