PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Bell may be history. Steelers could be in trouble.

They rarely need more than 20 points. I'm sure they were impressed by the Pats win over the Jets last week.

Weak schedule against inept offenses down the stretch. Even the one competent offense they played was led by Mark Sanchez. Seattle is not as good as last year and I just don't see the hype. I doubt GB can go in there and win given their jekyl and hyde act but if they pull it together and play the way they are capable of then they would have a shot to win in Seattle. But 4-4 on the road doesn't give me much confidance in that happening. Dallas is the best road team in the NFL they already proved they can go in there and win. Arizona with an NFL QB would have a punchers chance with their D. Seattle is anything but a lock.

With that said the Pats have to win 2 games to get to this discussion. I don't see anyone in the AFC coming into Foxboro and winning. The team that has the best chance IMO is Pittsburgh and that was before Bell had his knee gumby'd. Baltimore is not a good football team. Cincy....Indy....next. And Denver has the talent, but Peyton struggling as he is will only get worse in the cold. CJ Anderson is really good though. Stop him and I think you stop that offense for the most part. I will say this, if Manning has to throw to win against us it will be a blowout. But history says they lose on Divisional weekend.

And the Jets give us fits more often than not. Not to mention that was Rex's swan song, win one for the gipper moment. Not the same IMO.

Weak schedule against inept offenses down the stretch. Even the one competent offense they played was led by Mark Sanchez. Seattle is not as good as last year and I just don't see the hype. I doubt GB can go in there and win given their jekyl and hyde act but if they pull it together they can win in Seattle. Dallas is the best road team in the NFL they already proved they can go in there and win. Arizona with an NFL QB would have a punchers chance with their D.

I think you're underestimating that defense. It's the #1 passing D, the #3 rushing D and #1 overall by a fairly substantial margin. Offensively, the remind me a bit of the years the Pats were winning titles. They have the #1 rushing offense in the league (by a very wide margin) and a very efficient QB. I just think they're the toughest team the Pats (or anyone from the AFC) could face in the SB.

looks like Balt-Pats once again if Bell can't go. Love it

We would embarrass the Ravens if they were so unlucky to make it to NE this year

IDK, the Steelers crushed the Ravens at home this season 43-23 with Bell only rushing 20 yards on 10 carries in the game. In the other game, the Steelers won 26-6 with Bell only carrying the ball for 59 yards on 11 carries. I think the Steelers can beat the Ravens without Bell.

I don't care if bell plays or not there no way baltimore goes into Pittsburg and wins.

IDK, the Steelers crushed the Ravens at home this season 43-23 with Bell only rushing 20 yards on 10 carries in the game. In the other game, the Steelers won 26-6 with Bell only carrying the ball for 59 yards on 11 carries. I think the Steelers can beat the Ravens without Bell.
agreed, Pitt should win even without Bell

I think you're underestimating that defense. It's the #1 passing D, the #3 rushing D and #1 overall by a fairly substantial margin. Offensively, the remind me a bit of the years the Pats were winning titles. They have the #1 rushing offense in the league (by a very wide margin) and a very efficient QB. I just think they're the toughest team the Pats (or anyone from the AFC) could face in the SB.

Maybe so. I think its a bit inflated by playing two games each vs Kap (who sucks and was made overrated by really good defenses), Arizona and St Louis (turnstyle at QB). Dallas hung 30 on them at home. I realize that was a while ago but they really haven't played anyone of note since their loss to KC. Philly was the only decent offense. Arizona is the one oddity given their QB situation. Heck even going back to their three wins prior to the KC loss came against Carolina, Oakland and the NYG. The toughest part of their schedule was September and early October. Where they were a .500 team. Which is why, IMO, they are a bit overrated and not as scary as everyone makes them out to be.

There is no team in the AFC that scares me. Even in the NFC, I respect the Packers and Seahawks but the only team that can beat the Pats is themselves.

You'd be great to be with in a foxhole...

You moron did you seriously compare a sports conversation to war? I d rather the Pats not face a nemesis type team. Neither I nor the Pats are scared however. It is a tough match up.

Dumbass

You moron did you seriously compare a sports conversation to war? I d rather the Pats not face a nemesis type team. Neither I nor the Pats are scared however. It is a tough match up.

Dumbass
Happy New Year to you, as well, General Patton...

I think the Steelers can win at home against the Ravens by throwing it. If the Ravens pull the upset, we get them and should be able to beat them. If not, we get winner of Bengals-Colts and I don't trust the Bengals to win a road playoff game... so I think the likeliest opponent is the Colts. Next likeliest Ravens. Least likely Bengals.

And we can beat them all if we are playing well and healthy. Let's hope the bye week does its magic.

Yeah, I bet all of the teams you're pissing down your leg about are just salivating about coming to Gillette...
Ummm...Your reading comprehension needs work. I just stated a fact. The Pat's OL needs to play better to beat playoff teams. They haven't exactly covered themselves with glory over the past 3 games. The Pats have won in spite of their play. I'm hoping Connolly returns healthy and Vollmer, Solder play well. Calm down. :rolleyes:

If BalLess ends up playing us, they are a shell of what they use to be.

30725f666a566b655fd633165ade3687.jpg

Last edited:
Happy New Year to you, as well, General Patton...

Not so fast. My post was simply a reflection that certain teams play NE better than other teams. I d rather not face Balt and their pass rush. You made it personal. Your initial post was useless. You bring nothing to the conversation. As you can see several posters here agreed with me while some did not. This is what the forum is for.

You sir are weak.

Not so fast. My post was simply a reflection that certain teams play NE better than other teams. I d rather not face Balt and their pass rush. You made it personal. Your initial post was useless. You bring nothing to the conversation. As you can see several posters here agreed with me while some did not. This is what the forum is for.

You sir are weak.
You're the one who contradicted yourself above. Blow it out your ass.

looks like Balt-Pats once again if Bell can't go. Love it

If they don't dominate the LOS, Ben can pass all over that defense even without much of a running threat. I'd still give Pitt the edge unless Brown goes down.

are you aware the Pats have 3 receivers over 700 yards this year?

More precisely Three near or over 1000 yards... You need to trade in your old whines for some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back