PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens would like to trade down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we would trade that high.

After Cleaveland, the only other 3-4 team looking for LB help is Baltimore until you get down to Maimi. Much better to look towards 16, jump up and grab Wimbley before Miami, Dallas, San Diego or Kanasas City can get their greedy little paws on him.

14thDragon said:
I doubt we would trade that high.

After Cleaveland, the only other 3-4 team looking for LB help is Baltimore until you get down to Maimi. Much better to look towards 16, jump up and grab Wimbley before Miami, Dallas, San Diego or Kanasas City can get their greedy little paws on him.
I'm becoming more and more interested in Wimbley. Apparently I'm not the only one.

rookBoston said:
Not a chance. When BB mentioned, in his media statement, about there being so many players with one year or half a year of productivity... he was talking about players like Stovall and Jackson who have one good year to show for their careers. That's a big minus in Foxboro.

Since when does anyone believe anything BB says in a pre-draft press conference?

If he's telling the world that he wouldn't trade up in a million years, I'd expect that he was seriously considering moving up.

If he's telling the world that player X Y or Z doesn't have enough experience to play for him, its entirely possible its no more than a rope a dope. (and exactly how much experience did Stephen Neal have at OL? He wasn't a high draft pick but he sure gave him lots of time to develop, keeping him on the roster for years)

Trading from 21 to 13 or 14 would probably require giving up a 3rd and a 4th round pick given the draft value chart - not cheap, but not breaking the draft "bank" either.

If there's a player he wants he can do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back