PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens @ Steelers game discussion (Monday Night Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Ravens @ Steelers game discussion (Monday Night Football)

Steelers are going to win in OT with a field goal. Of course.

Yup, cheap and predictable. But I don't like the Ravens much, so I'm not heartbroken by this.

Last edited:

Great throw under pressure by Big Ben. Moore almost made an ass of himself losing 4 yards after prancing around the play before.

Hope they miss this FG it's been a good game.

i just can't respect anyone who roots for ray lewis.

So much for innocent until proven guilty.:rolleyes:

Whew! It wasn't pretty, but i'll take it. :rocker:

IMO a big mistake by Harbaugh settling for OT. They had plenty of time. This isn't a hindsight comment I was saying it as they were running it.

IMO a big mistake by Harbaugh settling for OT. They had plenty of time. This isn't a hindsight comment I was saying it as they were running it.

As was I.

Another underdog blows a halftime lead this week.

Tough win for the Steelers. I can't see them winning the division, or making the playoffs. They still have @Jacksonville, @Baltimore, @New England, @Tennessee, @Washington and home games against the Colts, Chargers, Giants and Cowboys. They basically have the same schedule we had a year ago, except we played the Giants, Cowboys and Colts on the road.

Rookie Mendenhall fractures shoulder; Simmons tears right Achilles

Associated Press

Updated: September 30, 2008, 1:58 AM ET

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers lost starting right guard Kendall Simmons and first-round draft pick Rashard Mendenhall to season-ending injuries during their 23-20 overtime victory over Baltimore on Monday night.

The Steelers (3-1) now face a short week before playing Sunday night at Jacksonville (2-2), a game in which fourth-string running back Mewelde Moore may have to start if Pro Bowl runner Willie Parker misses a second successive game with a sprained knee.

Simmons (torn right Achilles) and Mendenhall (fractured left shoulder) will be placed on injured reserve, coach Mike Tomlin said, and thus cannot return this season. A torn Achilles can be an especially difficult injury for a lineman to overcome because he pushes off his heel on every play.

"Our competitors, it has been well documented, a lot of those guys have suffered devastating injuries," Tomlin said. "It is only devastating if you allow it to be. People are not concerned with our problems, they are probably happy that we have them. We will address them and get ready to play."

Simmons was replaced by former undrafted free agent Darnell Stapleton on Monday, though it would seem likely that fourth-year lineman Trai Essex, who was not in uniform against Baltimore, would start Sunday.

The Steelers also lost running back Carey Davis (ankle) and backup linebacker Andre Frazier, who was carted off the field on a stretcher with a spine injury after the opening kickoff. Frazier initially appeared to be the most seriously injured, but he was walking freely and joking with teammates after the game. Tomlin said his tests proved negative.

Mendenhall's loss is a big one for Pittsburgh, and it came in his first NFL career start on a hard hit by Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis. He was drafted to give the Steelers a power back to go with Parker's speed, but Mendenhall's first season ended after only 19 carries. He had nine carries for 30 yards against Baltimore.

"We have some injuries that we need to deal with, that is part of football and we will [deal with it]," Tomlin said. "Our standard of expectation will not change. We have to go to Jacksonville on a short week, such is life in the National Football League."

Next time you read the usual crap about the Patriots being cheap and letting players walk,just take a look at the Steeler O line...and then check out what they offered Alan Faneca before he signed with the Rats.The Steeler O line is atrocious. Big Ben IS big and strong, but how many beatings is he going to be able to take before he's knocked out for the season?

Next time you read the usual crap about the Patriots being cheap and letting players walk,just take a look at the Steeler O line...and then check out what they offered Alan Faneca before he signed with the Rats.The Steeler O line is atrocious. Big Ben IS big and strong, but how many beatings is he going to be able to take before he's knocked out for the season?
Media and fans being hypocrites?

Nah, would never happen .....

Just like probably nothing will be mentioned by the media or fans nationwide of the Steeler fans booing their team for the first 40 minutes of last night's game...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey