PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens shopping WR Anquan Boldin

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Per Pro Football Talk on Twitter.

I would give up a 3rd or 4th for Boldin. Would you?

He's not worth trading for. Let them release him.

Not for a 3rd or 4th. They are backed against the wall and know they have no leverage.

He's an interesting option as a supplement/replacement for Lloyd, but giving up a 3rd/4th is too much for him under the circumstances, IMO.

I would not.
FYI Pats do not have a 4th.

He will be available pick free. Would use Pats 7th if his deal was reasonable.

I don't know if i take the risk he has said more then once if he's not a raven he is retiring let him get released and call his bluff

Ravens shopping Boldin

Not worth a draft pick or $7.5M cap hit. He had a great playoff run but he is going to be 33 and hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2009.

I would not.
FYI Pats do not have a 4th.

He will be available pick free. Would use Pats 7th if his deal was reasonable.

Well keep in mind that if you trade for him, you have him under control (presumably you trade for him on the condition of working out a contract). If you wait til he gets released, then you have to compete with a lot of other teams (potentially), and his $$ figure goes up, and you might not get him at all.

So there's pros and cons to each approach.

You have a 2-2-1 formation.

2 WRs - a slot reciever, and a wideout.

2 TEs - Big tall go get him in Gronk and a shift move TE in Hernandez

1 RB

If you want another starting WR, who Boldin would certainly have to be, do you really want to duplicate another talent in Gronk?

Get a downfield receiver for the wideout spot if you want a starter. Nothing wrong with another big strong guy to backup Gronk, but that's what he'd have to be - backup. If you bring in Boldin and start him along with Welker you'd have the slowest recieving core in the league.

Well, the offseason chess match in the NFC West continues

Not worth a draft pick or $7.5M cap hit. He had a great playoff run but he is going to be 33 and hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2009.

Cap hit would be 6.0

Now that was fair value. Nice move for the 49ers, as the NFCW arms race continues to ramp up.

The 49ers vs. Seahawks will be the best new rivalry in sports.

it's too bad the Ravens wouldn't have taken a 6th from us for him.

Now that was fair value. Nice move for the 49ers, as the NFCW arms race continues to ramp up.

And the Ravens trade him to a out of conference team. Get a pick for a guy they were most likely releasing by 4pm tomorrow.

The Ravens weren't going to trade him to the Patriots under any circumstance except for maybe a first rounder. The Ravens are not going to help the best teams in the conference get better at their expense.

And just for giggles, what did we get for that 6th? If you had a 6th, would you have paid the money?

I don't know if I'd have made the deal. It would probably depend upon how much positive buzz I got about the defensive players during the "legal tampering period", because I'd be looking at multiple options and having to look at the remaining cap space after each option:

Welker
Lloyd

Welker
Boldin

Welker
Lloyd
Boldin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24