Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Carroll County Times: Westminster, Maryland

“It’s going to be a dogfight,” cornerback Chris Carr said. “After that first game, I think they know they’re (Patriots) are going to have to play a lot better to beat us this time. So, hey, we’ll see what happens.”

After making the playoffs as the sixth and final seed in the AFC, the Ravens expressed confidence that they’re the football team nobody wants to face.

Especially in Foxborough where they’re 8-0 this season and have outscored visitors by an average of 18.4 points per contest.

The Ravens are 1-6 against playoff teams this year, and are 3-5 on the road. Their lone win over a playoff team was against the San Diego Chargers, and that was during the second week of the season.

“It’s going to be a dogfight,” cornerback Chris Carr said. “After that first game, I think they know they’re going to have to play a lot better to beat us this time. So, hey, we’ll see what happens.”

“That gives them an edge going into this game, I guess,” Harbaugh said with a bit of sarcasm.

-----------------------------------------

Why is it that all the teams that crawl into the postseason always say "Nobody wanted to see us in the playoffs"?

It's funny seriously. The Jets now saying it even though the Colts and Bengals gave them a free pass. Heck their head coach didn't even know they still had a shot to get in and those idiots talk as if their path to the playoffs was legit. Please give us a break.

Now the Ravens are extremely beatable. What is pissing me off already is Dean Pees is so dumb that he will decide to let Mason run free all over the field instead of doing what the Raiders did, take him out of the game only to see Flacco have less then 100 yards passing going into the 4th qrtr. Pees is all about "we do what we do" (even when it's not working). Has it ever dawned on him to use something other teams have used that actually works?

Last edited:
Carroll County Times: Westminster, Maryland

“It’s going to be a dogfight,” cornerback Chris Carr said. “After that first game, I think they know they’re (Patriots) are going to have to play a lot better to beat us this time. So, hey, we’ll see what happens.”

After making the playoffs as the sixth and final seed in the AFC, the Ravens expressed confidence that they’re the football team nobody wants to face.

Especially in Foxborough where they’re 8-0 this season and have outscored visitors by an average of 18.4 points per contest.

The Ravens are 1-6 against playoff teams this year, and are 3-5 on the road. Their lone win over a playoff team was against the San Diego Chargers, and that was during the second week of the season.

“It’s going to be a dogfight,” cornerback Chris Carr said. “After that first game, I think they know they’re going to have to play a lot better to beat us this time. So, hey, we’ll see what happens.”

“That gives them an edge going into this game, I guess,” Harbaugh said with a bit of sarcasm.

-----------------------------------------

Why is it that all the teams that crawl into the postseason always say "Nobody wanted to see us in the playoffs"?

It's funny seriously. The Jets now saying it even though the Colts and Bengals gave them a free pass. Heck their head coach didn't even know they still had a shot to get in and those idiots talk as if their path to the playoffs was legit. Please give us a break.

Now the Ravens are extremely beatable. What is pissing me off already is Dean Pees is so dumb that he will decide to let Mason run free all over the field instead of doing what the Raiders did, take him out of the game only to see Flacco have less then 100 yards passing going into the 4th qrtr. Pees is all about "we do what we do" (even when it's not working). Has it ever dawned on him to use something other teams have used that actually works?

To Harbs. credit, he wasnt being ****y at all. He was merley laughing at the question from the media and how it was presented. Basically, shruggin it off like the last game really has no bearing on what happens this time. I've heard BB make the same type of statements and they would both be correct. here is the press conference, see for yourself. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/medi...ut_making_playoffs_rematch_with_Patriots.aspx

As for chris Carr, who cares what he says.. He's been a liability all year with a few nice plays sprinkled in. LOL. I do think the Media Spin Machin is in full effect, not that I'd expect otherwise.

Last edited:

Mason was 7 for 88 and a TD. Good numbers certainly but he didn't roam free. The focus was on shutting down the deep stuff. Longest pass gain was 22 yds by Heap. Flacco was 27-47 for about 260 yds. Remember Balt came in on fire offensively. My gripe was the last 4th qtr drive. Overall their defensive performance was fine.

Their running game scares me. Nice change of pace w/ Rice and McGahee.

I just have visions of Mason running free in the secondary. The same pass D they used against Andre Johnson is the same they need to use against Mason. Johnson for the most part was a complete nonfactor in the Texans game.

Last edited:
Seriously, we should start following ice skating if this is the kind of "talking" that gets us riled up.

Mason was 7 for 88 and a TD. Good numbers certainly but he didn't roam free. The focus was on shutting down the deep stuff. Longest pass gain was 22 yds by Heap. Flacco was 27-47 for about 260 yds. Remember Balt came in on fire offensively. My gripe was the last 4th qtr drive. Overall their defensive performance was fine.

Their running game scares me. Nice change of pace w/ Rice and McGahee.

And most of Masons production came on that first drive. He did hurt himself on the last play of the first drive but he played the game out and we pretty much shut him down the rest of the game.

As to the trash talking....I haven't heard anything yet that I would say shouldn't have been said but if they keep talking like this they will probably say something before the week is up. I have heard a few comments so far that are borderline but given the context there was nothing there but they keep trying to be funny and I bet they say the wrong thing before the week is over. Not that that sort of stuff really makes a difference.

Last edited:
The Ravens CBs are hurt, they are going to have a very tough time covering Moss, The loss of Welker will hurt, but I think the Pats have more than enough to beat the Ravens.

The Ravens CBs are hurt, they are going to have a very tough time covering Moss, The loss of Welker will hurt, but I think the Pats have more than enough to beat the Ravens.

Ed Reed too. He was out 4 games before playing vs OAK. Hes at about 80% from what I read.

Pees' plan ultimately worked in the first game. The defense only gave up 17 points and might have been less if not for the big Ray Rice run which was a big mistake by one of our LB's or safeties and shouldn't have happened. I'll take 17 PA against this offense any day.

Ravens CB makes it official: Pats can be had - Extra Points - Boston.com

The guy on the right there making his way dejectedly off the Gillette Stadium turf in October? That's Domonique Foxworth.

And he's got a message to deliver ... The Patriots can be beaten in January. OK, so the Texans did it on Sunday. But Foxworth means the postseason.

Foxworth was part of a Broncos team that became the first to beat the Patriots in the playoffs during the Belichick-Brady Era. So he doesn't see why these Ravens can't be the first to knock these Glory Days Patriots from the tournament on their home field.

"I would like to officially say it is possible on occasion to beat the New England Patriots in the postseason," Foxworth told the Baltimore Sun's Jamison Hensely. "We hope to possibly, maybe step on the field with them and put up a fight, if possible."

OK, so the affable Foxworth was playing funny man. But he'll be vital on Sunday for a team that has two pretty important corners (Lardarius Webb, Fabian Washington) on IR, and is playing with guys like Chris Carr and Frank Walker at the position.

In a more serious tone, the Sun's Mike Preston is putting this one at Joe Flacco's feet. Preston said that when the Raiders took away Derrick Mason with shutdown man Nnamdi Asomugha, the quarterback was erratic and even "looked lost" at times. But Flacco, like the rest of these Ravens, remains ****sure.

"You know we were up there earlier this year, and we feel like we should have gotten one," Flacco said about the loss to New England on Oct. 4. "It's our chance to go up there and try to get it back and prove to everybody and prove to ourselves that we can beat these guys. New England is where it starts."

Seriously, we should start following ice skating if this is the kind of "talking" that gets us riled up.

I think you mean to say 'figure skating'

Ed Reed too. He was out 4 games before playing vs OAK. Hes at about 80% from what I read.

He'll play. It's a playoff game. You better believe he'll be in the starting line-up.

Do you really think you have a CB on your team like Aso.? Mason can be shut down though. No doubt, other receivers just need to STEP UP if the Ravens are going to have a chance.

He'll play. It's a playoff game. You better believe he'll be in the starting line-up.

Not doubting that for a sec. I do question his ability to play at "Ed Reed" level. He could be 90% by gametime. Who knows. Worth some speculation.

I'm a little tired of this storyline as well. For a change, I'd like to read a quote from one of the guys on the Rams or the Chiefs saying something like "Everybody wanted to see us in the playoffs. Especially Bill Polian."

Last edited:
About the article on Foxworth, gee, I would hope that any NFL player would agree with the statement that winning their next game is POSSIBLE. :)

Nothing to see here, move along, no bulletin board material, just move along now...

Last edited:
Not doubting that for a sec. I do question his ability to play at "Ed Reed" level. He could be 90% by gametime. Who knows. Worth some speculation.

Eh. Ed Reed at 90% is still someone you want to throw away from.

Pees' plan ultimately worked in the first game. The defense only gave up 17 points and might have been less if not for the big Ray Rice run which was a big mistake by one of our LB's or safeties and shouldn't have happened. I'll take 17 PA against this offense any day.

The Pats D gave up 14 points. The other TD was the Suggs strip sack (Light's whiffed on a fake inside move). Ravens scored on their 1st drive (all Mason, all the time) and their last drive of the 3rd/4th quarter. The Ravens did have a good drive at the end of the 1st half before the Bodden interception (Rice getting a lot of touches).

Containing the Ravens RBs (especially Rice) is the key. Flacco doesn't have the weapons to win this game with vertical passing. His receivers take a long time to get open downfield and that makes Flacco vulnerable to pressure. Mayo didn't play in the first game and I expect him to be key in controlling the short middle of the field (running and passing).

In 2006, Baltimore went 13-3, yet lost their very first game in the playoffs.

In 2007, the Giants were the fifth seed and beat the 18-0 Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

Last year, the Ravens were the sixth seed and got to the AFCCG. Last year, the Eagles were the sixth seed and got to the NFCCG. Last year, the Cardinals went 9-7 (barely) yet made the Super Bowl.

If "crawling into the postseason" means being a low seed/having a bad record when entering the playoffs, then those teams should be feared, as is evidenced by the above information.

What is pissing me off already is Dean Pees is so dumb that he will decide to let Mason run free all over the field instead of doing what the Raiders did, take him out of the game only to see Flacco have less then 100 yards passing going into the 4th qrtr.

Because the Patriots have an abundance of Asomughas laying around. . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye