PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens @ Patriots AFCCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
via greg bedard twitter

Yes and yes RT @SVN2010: Would ravens replicate what dolphins did in the first half at foxboro this yr ? that would be tough on pats

@SVN2010 I've been very impressed with what I've watched so far of the Ravens defense. Definitely best the Patriots have faced

LOL....kinda like when the broncos tried it and branch caught the rope for a TD

You can't leave the sidelines open against any good QB.

Quite sure the ravens will take that chance but not let the short intermediate passes . They will crowd the middle of the field and pressure brady and dare brady to go deep. Downfield passing is not our game. If they do play like the fins did vs us in the 2nd game..we are in for a long day.

Quite sure the ravens will take that chance but not let the short intermediate passes . They will crowd the middle of the field and pressure brady and dare brady to go deep. Downfield passing is not our game. If they do play like the fins did vs us in the 2nd game..we are in for a long day.

I'm hoping that if the Ravens do crowd us at the LOS that we have an effective answer for it. It won't be the first time teams have done that to us.

I like having Hernandez start in the backfield. This gives him a free release and defenders won't be able to easily put their hands on him. Now the question is how fast can he get in and out of his route before the pass rush gets there. It also leaves Brady without protection in the backfield which could get dicey if the Ravens send more rushers than we have blockers.

Another idea is to do what the Steelers do so well and that's use the bunch formation. I've seen us use it from time to time, but not extensively like the Steelers do. The Steelers destroyed the Jets press coverage this way in the playoffs last year and also do a number against the Ravens D in this formation.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that if the Ravens do crowd us at the LOS that we have an effective answer for it. It won't be the first time teams have done that to us.

I like having Hernandez start in the backfield. This gives him a free release and defenders won't be able to easily put their hands on him. Now the question is how fast can he get in and out of his route before the pass rush gets there. It also leaves Brady without protection in the backfield which could get dicey if the Ravens send more rushers than we have blockers.

Another idea is to do what the Steelers do so well and that's use the bunch formation. I've seen us use it from time to time, but not extensively like the Steelers do. The Steelers destroyed the Jets press coverage this way in the playoffs last year and also do a number against the Ravens D in this formation.
The worry for pats is the oline. In past seasons we have seen 3-4 man rushes get to brady.While the patriots will adjust , it gives confidence to the other team and gives them additional chances to score on offense.

They got a ton of pressure in the first half. Light is scratched during pre-game and Mankins starts at LT and goes down after the 2nd drive. Solder moved to LT and Cannon went in at RT. That is a lot of shuffling around of the offensive line at the last minute. They regrouped and blocked very well in the 2nd half. I don't think that is the best example to be using.

Last edited:
They got a ton of pressure in the first half. Light is scratched during pre-game and Mankins starts at LT and goes down after the 2nd drive. Solder moved to LT and Cannon went in at RT. That is a lot of shuffling around of the offensive line at the last minute. They regrouped and blocked very well in the 2nd half. I don't think that is the best example to be using.

This. After doing basically nothing all first half we still put up 400 yards of offense, scored 27 second half points, and held them to 7 garbage time points in the second half.

The worry for pats is the oline. In past seasons we have seen 3-4 man rushes get to brady.While the patriots will adjust , it gives confidence to the other team and gives them additional chances to score on offense.

I think the main reason why teams have been able to get to Brady in the past was because Brady couldn't get rid of the ball because a) receivers couldn't get open b) coverage confused Brady. The wrinkle of having Hernandez start out in the backfield is going to be one of the keys to the game IMO. That is going to be a matchup nightmare for the Ravens.

Yes, totally different this game, we should have our O-line healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes