PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens @ Patriots AFCCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branch or Ocho or someone other than Welker/Hernandez/Gronk needs to make atleast 3 big plays for the Pats to win, since you know where the Ravens going to start in terms of their cover schemes.

The hurry up O will wear the old men down by the 4th qtr. Pats running game will contribute is my guess....they can't shut down everyone.

One thing that's bothering me about this game is how the Patriots took apart a mediocre Denver team and how it reminded me of when the Colts highflying offense twice took apart the Broncos in the playoffs only to get hammered by the defense-oriented Patriots. Then again, those games were at Gillette in the cold, and I don't think the Patriots are overconfident this time.

As well, I'm not all that impressed by the Texans. A really good team doesn't back into the playoffs like the Titans did. 3 losses. So it's not like the Ravens have faced formidable competition either.

Protect #12 +0 Turnovers=WIN.

ae82c7ca-7b15-44f4-b22a-a583f53d77ca.Medium.jpg

This is 100% accurate.

Stepping into your throws is the #1 need of a QB.

Connolly is 6'4" 313. Much larger than Koppen.

Neal was good but Waters is MUCH better than Neal.

Mankins is Mankins.

If this line does its job, TB will put up 35 on this defense.

I'm expecting a very tough hard fought game in which the Pats win. On the other hand it won't surprise me if the Pats blowout the Ravens as well. Sunday couldn't come quick enough.

NFLN Sound FX: Man, that John Harbaugh is a yappy guy. Yap, yap, yap. Guess he hangs out with Suggs and Lewis.

This is 100% accurate.

Stepping into your throws is the #1 need of a QB.

Connolly is 6'4" 313. Much larger than Koppen.

Neal was good but Waters is MUCH better than Neal.

Mankins is Mankins.

If this line does its job, TB will put up 35 on this defense.

Koppen > Connolly

Neal > Waters

Healthy Mankins > healing Mankins

In short, unless Mankins is healed, this line is weaker at all 3 interior positions. If Mankins is healed, it will be weaker at 2 of the 3 interior positions.

Last edited:
One thing that's bothering me about this game is how the Patriots took apart a mediocre Denver team and how it reminded me of when the Colts highflying offense twice took apart the Broncos in the playoffs only to get hammered by the defense-oriented Patriots. Then again, those games were at Gillette in the cold, and I don't think the Patriots are overconfident this time.

As well, I'm not all that impressed by the Texans. A really good team doesn't back into the playoffs like the Titans did. 3 losses. So it's not like the Ravens have faced formidable competition either.

Hmm...Def a fair comparison and something I thought of. That's why I throw caution to the wind when I hear people dismiss the Ravens.. I still think the Pats should beat the Ravens and not because of their offense. The Pats just been the more consistent team down the stretch, IMO. The only surprise this week if the Pats give up 30 points. I've seen them in defensive struggles and high scoring games. Winning and losing both kinds.
As for the Texans- I think they were the better team on the field except at the QB position which was the difference. Their defense was better and they ran the ball better. Honestly, I think they would have been a nightmare matchup for the Pats.

I find what is going on on Ravens' forum strange. They are insulting as saying we are all saying that the Pats are going to beat the Ravens and just uttering gibberish here.
But the irony is that they are saying they will beat us just like two years ago when our defense was even better than the crap we have now.

The Ravens board is pathetic, that scum reminds me of JI. They just keep referencing 2009, not even a mention that WE BEAT THEM LAST SEASON. Rice ran all over them in 2009! They cant stop him blah blah. Completely different team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find what is going on on Ravens' forum strange. They are insulting as saying we are all saying that the Pats are going to beat the Ravens and just uttering gibberish here.
But the irony is that they are saying they will beat us just like two years ago when our defense was even better than the crap we have now.

Yup, we are all idiots over here that don't have a clue about football. Yet they are clueless about many things Patriots.

Like this flyinismo dude and the thread he started on their forum referencing the other Ravens thread. Guys are telling him he tried to reason with us. He didn't even try to dispute anything I wrote explaining why I think the Pats will win and what I think the Ravens have to do to win.

So far I haven't seen any x's and o's type Raven fans show up here. If I missed one plaese let me know.

Interesting break down. Seems very similar to our game except NE has no run game. Better QB, coach, but your defensive 3rd down conversion % is worse.
But, BB is not silly enough to blitz with 1:37 left either.

2011 Conference Championships NFL Games: Ravens Patriots

2011 Conference Championships NFL Games: Ravens Patriots

Hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Brees was playing with fire as the season was ending. He was throwing some bad picks and I thought that had the chance to do the Saints in. They still nearly pulled it out which is impressive. Most teams don't turn the ball over 5 times on the road in a playoff game and stay in it until the end.

Your team has a ton of FA's, it will be interesting as an outsider watching your teams moves. Good luck....

Koppen > Connolly

Neal > Waters

Healthy Mankins > healing Mankins

In short, unless Mankins is healed, this line is weaker at all 3 interior positions. If Mankins is healed, it will be weaker at 2 of the 3 interior positions.
Don't agree with you on the Neal-Waters comment. Waters has been one of the best players for the Patriots this season. His performance has been comparable to Neal at his best.

Hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Brees was playing with fire as the season was ending. He was throwing some bad picks and I thought that had the chance to do the Saints in. They still nearly pulled it out which is impressive. Most teams don't turn the ball over 5 times on the road in a playoff game and stay in it until the end.

Your team has a ton of FA's, it will be interesting as an outsider watching your teams moves. Good luck....

You guys are very nice mgcolby :). True fans of the game and I'm very proud to be aloud to post here. Your so cool, and understand sportsmanship. We will feel better in time, and be ok, we really love them so. Thank you

GW was already fired , um basically. Not talked about. I think the NFL should be watching who our next DC is.

But its about you know, forget about us. Its time for you to shine again. ITs your time. We really believe you can do this. This should be a fun week of debate :) enjoy.

Last edited:
Don't agree with you on the Neal-Waters comment. Waters has been one of the best players for the Patriots this season. His performance has been comparable to Neal at his best.
I agree with that statement. Stephen Neal was injury prone his last four years with the New England Patriots and on his "last legs".

Stephen Neal, G at NFL.com

The two most important aspects of this game IMO:

1) Keep brady relatively clean

2) Play defense to potential.

Everything else will take care of itself.

The Ravens board is pathetic, that scum reminds me of JI. They just keep referencing 2009, not even a mention that WE BEAT THEM LAST SEASON. Rice ran all over them in 2009! They cant stop him blah blah. Completely different team.

We actually should have lost to them last year...a wide open WR Mark Clayton dropped an easy pass from Flacco at the 4 yard line as time was running out which would have won that game for them.

It was a lucky day.

Last edited:
You guys are very nice mgcolby :). True fans of the game and I'm very proud to be aloud to post here. Your so cool, and understand sportsmanship. We will feel better in time, and be ok, we really love them so. Thank you

GW was already fired , um basically. Not talked about. I think the NFL should be watching who our next DC is.

But its about you know, forget about us. Its time for you to shine again. ITs your time. We really believe you can do this. This should be a fun week of debate :) enjoy.
Epic game in the NFC Divisional Playoffs at Candlestick Park. It's too bad someone had to lose that game.

Good luck to the Saints next year. :D

By the way, thanks for the Saints first round draft pick in 2012. ;)

How and where does anyone get such opinions of pats fans? Are they just making it up or are they going to some site that claims to have pats fans?
I don't know why I find comments like this troubling lol

Hahahaha fly....I saw that you tried reasoning with Pats fans. Trust me brudda, you're not gonna get anywhere. Pats fans are about as knowledgeable as Mike Preston when it comes to anything outside of Patriots ball. That's just the way it is. They still think Flacco is a rookie in his first year and obviously haven't watched any Ravens games for two years, probably because the 2009 loss still hurts them. I can't WAIT to shove it in their mouths after we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back