PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Looking to Trade OT Eugene Monroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed from another site:

From Ravens beat writer, Mike Preston:

Monroe can insinuate that the Ravens want to get rid of him because of his advocacy for the use of medical marijuana, but that’s not the major reason. They no longer want him because he missed 17 of 34 games during the past 2 1/2 years, and had become one of the team’s most-disgruntled players.

It’s one thing when a head coach or members of the coaching staff question a player’s work ethic, but it’s really different when teammates start having the same thoughts.

Monroe has reached that point within the organization where head coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome have to get him off the roster. If it wasn’t a knee injury then it was an ankle injury. If it wasn’t an ankle injury, then it was a shoulder injury.

The low point of Monroe’s time in Baltimore was during his first season in 2014 when he didn’t play in the divisional playoff game against New England because of an ankle injury even though he was active for the game. That’s when questions about his toughness first started to surface.

Last edited:
Not really. Just stop testing for it. Problem solved.

It doesn't solve the problem that chasa was presumably referring to, that Broncos players could self-medicate freely while Texans players would be risking 6 months in prison for the same self-medication.

The Ravens have proven to be worthy adversaries to the Patriots

I just double checked to see if I woke up four years earlier, but no, it it still 2016, not 2012.

Not really. Just stop testing for it. Problem solved.
Patchick nailed it,

just stopping testing doesn't change the fact that many teams players would be legally unable to use it without fear of judgement from the court system. Thus an direct competitive unfair advantage.

Holy crap. Are people really trying to claim that smoking weed offers a competitive advantage?

I just double checked to see if I woke up four years earlier, but no, it it still 2016, not 2012.

I didn't have any nails left, my voice was completely shot and I think I blew my rotator cuffs fist pumping the air (Edleman to Amendola) after this game.

Broncos players could self-medicate freely while Texans players would be risking 6 months in prison for the same self-medication.

Are the Texans playing in North Korea these days?

I kid, I kid. :cool:

Holy crap. Are people really trying to claim that smoking weed offers a competitive advantage?

LOL. Technically, yes, if it is an effective anti inflammatory and some teams have access when others don't.

But you'd have to have smoked a lot of it to think it would matter.

I didn't have any nails left, my voice was completely shot and I think I blew my rotator cuffs fist pumping the air (Edleman to Amendola) after this game.

The game would not have been that close had Brady not thrown that ******ed INT near the end of the 1st half that led directly to 7 Murderer-Worshippers points and perhaps 3 less points for us...Same with the 2011 AFCC.

The game would not have been that close had Brady not thrown that ******ed INT near the end of the 1st half that led directly to 7 Murderer-Worshippers points and perhaps 3 less points for us...Same with the 2011 AFCC.

As great as Brady is, and as little interceptions that he throws per year, he still manages to heave some lame ducks on occasion. Some of them are hard to watch.

Fortunately, he keeps his mistakes to a minimum, but it doesn't change the fact that a good number of his picks are terrible decisions: blind heaves, forced throws, double coverages, locked in reads, etc. At the end of the day, I'm guessing that it's similar to other great QBs, though, with the main difference that Brady is doing it much less often than they were.

Game would not have been that close either had Brady not scored those 3 touchdowns. A 99.3 QBR and a 3:1 Touchdown to Interception ration is nothing to whine about.

Game would not have been that close either had Brady not scored those 3 touchdowns. A 99.3 QBR and a 3:1 Touchdown to Interception ration is nothing to whine about.

qbr means nothing.

It still doesn't excuse that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes