PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens lobby for rule change on fumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbawl :rolleyes:. If you don't like a rule or it costs you a game whine and complain until it gets changed. What a tool.

It worked for Polian. :rolleyes:

Then again, so did having s—tty backups behind Fivehead. :D

It worked for Polian. :rolleyes:

Then again, so did having s—tty backups behind Fivehead. :D

the fact that the colts have not done anything since peypey left says otehrwise.

they are paying 20 mil a year for a QB that isn't a 20 mil a year qb.

Oh and the fumble rule is like that so guys won't be chucking the ball into the end zone to get 6 points if they're not going to make it with possession. That rule is fine the way it is.

I hadn't seen the play since I haven't seen any non-Pats games so far this year. Looking at it, it sounds like what *should* have been called on the Champ Bailey interception / Ben Watson's career defining play. I wonder if that had been called, if Bill Polian would have whined to get the rule changed then?

You can't hold onto the ball, no sympathy for you. Rule is fine as is.

This rule is one of Florio's personal little pet causes, and not just since this last Sunday (although he did use the Ravens game to discuss what he calls "the worst rule in football"). I don't really care whether they change it or not. You never know what is going to happen in a game so there's no way to know if the rule will help or hurt you going forward.

Oh and the fumble rule is like that so guys won't be chucking the ball into the end zone to get 6 points if they're not going to make it with possession. That rule is fine the way it is.
I think what they want is to just return the ball to the spot of the fumble, which is what they already do when the ball is fumbled forward out of bounds (but not in the end zone). So no one is going to score 6 points on a ball that goes out of bounds in The end zone.

Harbaugh's a baby and needs to learn how to take his losses with dignity.

That said, I do think it's a dumb rule. Why not mark it where he lost control, the same as what happens when it goes out of bounds?

The rule they lost on IS kinda stupid, though. Usually Harbaugh is full of **** but he's got a point this time.
The ball was fumbled into opponent's end zone and went out of bounds. It is the same as kickoff and is always a touchback. Harbaugh is just plain stupid to not understand rules properly. He feels they've been victimized by the officials in both cases (ineligible receiver and ball out of bounds) which is just stupid. He just made a fool of himself. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes