Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ravens have the true blueprint to beat the Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AndyJohnson, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +865 / 20 / -20

Break every rule in the book.
    They played the most effective pass defense anyone has all season against us.
    They did this by mugging receivers, consistently hitting them beyond the 5 yard chuck zone, and keeping them from getting open by holding them.

The irony in it is that they are whining today that since these penalties were overlooked for most of the game, there is something wrong with them being called on any plays. Interesting. I am going to commit so many penalties that they cannot possibly all be called, and then when any of them are called, I am going to say that you told me I could commit them by allowing me an unfair advantage all game long.

2. emoney_33

emoney_33 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

These whiny baby teams are really getting on my nerves.

Two weeks in a row our receivers were mugged without calls almost all game. The refs are definitely conspiring in our favor, I mean just watch the Colts game :rolleyes:

3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,014 / 18 / -25

the Ravens will never be confused with a MENSA meeting. It's like they are an entire team filled with Mercury Morris's.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

That cracks me up too. I'm all for consistent reffing but it's a difficult argument to make that you should ignore legitimate penalties simply because you have ignored them all game long.

5. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't blame the Ravens for being upset. I blame the refs. You can watch every NFL game and you couldn't tell what is and isn't PI. How's a DB coach or DC supposed to tell his players how to play recievers when they don't know what'll be called or not called. I recall BB saying after a PI call a couple if years ago that he didn't know what to tell his players on how to play. Until the refs start making consistent PI calls there's going to continue being controversy.

6. MichaelL

MichaelL Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree that the standards for PI are shaky but what was occuring last night was beyond the pale...anyone KNOWS that you can't hold beyond 5 yards. We're not talking incidental contact, we're talking about DBs holding and tackling receivers on their routes. I felt like I was watching a game from the 70's on ESPN Classic or something.

7. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

It was hilarious to think these fools thought they would get away with the blatant crap when the ball is actually getting thrown to the receiver who is getting mugged. It was so evident from the replays I can't begin to wonder why this has made national sports media today. They have no case.

8. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It happens in other games, too and I'd even suspect the Patriots do it at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.