PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Haloti Ngata versus Pats OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Ravens are scary at all. They aren't the same team as years past.

Their not at full strength on D but can still be dangerous. Factor in home field advantage and it can be blown up even more. Brady can expose them middle of field, quick strikes mixed up with running game. When Brady goes hurry up no-huddle that will wind them key is to get 3 and outs keep their D out there.

Still and all, Suggs won't be there, and for all his thud and blunder, Pollard will be nursing some bruised ribs. One good hit on him may well put him on the sidelines too. Ray Ray is still a wily veteran, but he hasn't got the lateral speed he used to have and depends now on his pre-snap reads to try and make up for those lost chops. He reads wrong and he takes himself out of the play.

The Ravens should be respected, as any other team in the NFL. They will make some plays, and they have some good players and coaches. However, I'm not that worried about them as some are. There's a lot of bandwagon hype going on in their favour, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them going down in flames Sunday evening.

I wish I had your confidence, Gwedd.

Let's see ......

Donald Thomas starting at right guard and Marcus Cannon starting at right tackle. Haloti Ngata lined up in the "B" gap between the aforementioned two. As for Tom Brady, well .......

"Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so never more shall we see you again."

I not so sure it was vastly superior
Connolly vs Waters - at RG Water's maybe a little better
Wendell vs Connonlly at Center - reserve judgement - Wendell has been good.
Vollmer vs Solder at RT - about the same
Solder vs Light - ok Light gets advantage but Solder is coming on.
Mankin(hurt) vs Mankins (helathy hopefully) is better

The talent is not VASTly superior, was better ok at this point but by
December I bet this unit will be just as good if not better.

lol what the hell. Waters played like a top 5 RG last season. Arguably better than Mankins (who was injured). And Light is a MUCH better LT than Solder so far...

There's a reason there has been a massive drop off in O-line play from last season to this one

lol what the hell. Waters played like a top 5 RG last season. Arguably better than Mankins (who was injured). And Light is a MUCH better LT than Solder so far...

There's a reason there has been a massive drop off in O-line play from last season to this one

"Vastly" is a very strong word. To me if there were a "MASSIVE" drop off
PATs oline would be one of the worst in the league.

Are they as good? No but there are pretty good.

To back up my gut feeling I checked coldhardfootballfacts.com which
attempts ( and does it pretty well ) to rate offensive lines. They call
it the HOG index.

So
though 2nd week of this year PAT ranked 9th out of 32 teams.
( Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The Truth Hurts )
and
though 2nd week of last year PAT ranked 3rd out of 32 teams.
( Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The Truth Hurts )

So there is a drop off but it is NOT MASSIVE or VAST as you and other
contend. And they will get better.

After 12 weeks last year PATS Oline was rated 5 out of 32
If they don't have any major injuries by that time this year after
working together they will probably very close to that or better.

It's easy to forget that their worst days are behind them, some time in August perhaps. They are "up and coming" inasmuch as Mankins will continually improve, Solder will continually improve, Vollmer (should) continually improve, Connolly will now be in there, and overall unit play will continually improve.

I see nothing to dislike except perhaps Vollmer getting hurt again, but who ever knows? Every team has at least injuries or feared injuries on the OL.

I don't think the Ravens are scary at all. They aren't the same team as years past.

no but they are different..no huddle...passing more than running ect..it will be a challenge

IMO Pernell McPhee is the bigger concern. He's the quick, penetrating type that the Pats o-line has had trouble with for years.

This does not inspire confidence:

questionable: offensive linemen Dan Connolly (concussion), Nick McDonald (shoulder), Logan Mankins (hip), and Sebastian Vollmer (back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back