PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Haloti Ngata versus Pats OL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
IMO he is the X factor, he has huge edge over Connolly, Wendell and Thomas. Watching how the Patriots try to control 92 will be interesting.

Leave #87 1 vs 1. I like the matchup

Ngata was a non-factor in the AFCCG. I'm not saying he isn't a great player but he was handled. The O-Line of course was a much different and vastly superior unit then vs now. If they can control Ngata and you factor in Suggs not being there they could have a big day running the ball. Suggs is very under-rated against the run.

I just briefly reviewed last AFC championship game, PATs vs Ravens.
In last game Connolly played center and had no problems. Often times
he had no one to block on passing downs.
(seems PATs should be able devise some play for that void in the middle that
Ravens like to do)

Very seldom if at all did the center go against Ngata. Waters saw more of
Ngata. If Connoly is ready to go and plays RG I still think he will have no
problem most of the day against Ngata.

Ngata only got 3 assisted tackles last game. He does get his hands up so
Tom will need to be careful there.

Last edited:
I think Connolly needs to line up at center. Wendell is just too small to handle Ngata.

Ngata was a non-factor in the AFCCG. I'm not saying he isn't a great player but he was handled. The O-Line of course was a much different and vastly superior unit then vs now. If they can control Ngata and you factor in Suggs not being there they could have a big day running the ball. Suggs is very under-rated against the run.

I not so sure it was vastly superior
Connolly vs Waters - at RG Water's maybe a little better
Wendell vs Connonlly at Center - reserve judgement - Wendell has been good.
Vollmer vs Solder at RT - about the same
Solder vs Light - ok Light gets advantage but Solder is coming on.
Mankin(hurt) vs Mankins (helathy hopefully) is better

The talent is not VASTly superior, was better ok at this point but by
December I bet this unit will be just as good if not better.

I think Connolly needs to line up at center. Wendell is just too small to handle Ngata.

Ngata didn't line up over center last game why would he now?
Kemoeatu is their NT.

I put Ngata and Wilfork at a similar level of impact on the defensive line.

You WILL be looking to run away from him, and it WILL take a very good job to keep him away from Brady.

Very athletic, I don't expect we'll keep him quiet all game, hopefully just quiet enough.

I put Ngata and Wilfork at a similar level of impact on the defensive line.

You WILL be looking to run away from him, and it WILL take a very good job to keep him away from Brady.

Very athletic, I don't expect we'll keep him quiet all game, hopefully just quiet enough.

wilfork has a huge edge over matt birk.

Still and all, Suggs won't be there, and for all his thud and blunder, Pollard will be nursing some bruised ribs. One good hit on him may well put him on the sidelines too. Ray Ray is still a wily veteran, but he hasn't got the lateral speed he used to have and depends now on his pre-snap reads to try and make up for those lost chops. He reads wrong and he takes himself out of the play.

The Ravens should be respected, as any other team in the NFL. They will make some plays, and they have some good players and coaches. However, I'm not that worried about them as some are. There's a lot of bandwagon hype going on in their favour, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them going down in flames Sunday evening.

Last edited:
Still and all, Suggs won't be there, and for all his thud and blunder, Pollard will be nursing some bruised ribs. One good hit on him may well put him on the sidelines too. Ray Ray is still a wily veteran, but he hasn't got the lateral speed he used to have and depends now on his pre-snap reads to try and make up for those lost chops. He reads wrong and he takes himself out of the play.

The Ravens should be respected, as any other team in the NFL. They will make some plays, and they have some good players and coaches. However, I'm not that worried about them as some are. There's a lot of bandwagon hype going on in their favour, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them going down in flames Sunday evening.

ohhhhh you didn't know ?? The Ravens invented football according to some .. :cool:

I not so sure it was vastly superior
Connolly vs Waters - at RG Water's maybe a little better
Wendell vs Connonlly at Center - reserve judgement - Wendell has been good.
Vollmer vs Solder at RT - about the same
Solder vs Light - ok Light gets advantage but Solder is coming on.
Mankin(hurt) vs Mankins (helathy hopefully) is better

The talent is not VASTly superior, was better ok at this point but by
December I bet this unit will be just as good if not better.

I said they were a vastly superior unit and they were. With all the combination blocks the Patriots execute it's all about playing as a unit. They were playing at a much higher level. You're also excluding Thomas and Cannon seeing a lot of reps. Hopefully Conolly can go and Vollmer doesn't need as many rest periods.

Ngata didn't line up over center last game why would he now?
Kemoeatu is their NT.

I guess you're right, but I think I read that he moves around for the best matchup. You're right either way.

I guess you're right, but I think I read that he moves around for the best matchup. You're right either way.

You do have a point. They could move him around to attack a perceived weakness in PATs Oline.

The Raven defense is not as good now as its reputation.
Jarret Johnson is gone, Suggs is out. Lewis is down to oversized S size.
The secondary is average at best.
They have always been good at scheming to create pressure, but the degradation of talent along the front 7 means that scheming, when it doesn't produce pressure leaves them very vulnerable.
The Ravens are putting the lowest aggregate level of talent on the field on defense that they have in maybe 10 years.

Is Ed Reed going to play? cause any secondary that consists ed reed is not avrage in my book, that guy can make plays anytime and anywhere.

I'm sorry it's a little of topic and maybe I'm just a homer but ngata isn't as good as wilfork I watch a lot of ravens games and he comes up blank a lot while wilfork doesn't show much on the stat sheet he changes how the game is every single game

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Lewis is down to oversized S size.
This is a really good point. The Pats need to figure out a way to get an offensive lineman on Lewis early and often. Make that old guy wish he was 260 pounds again.

I don't think the Ravens are scary at all. They aren't the same team as years past.

AFCCG on NFLN NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes