PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Gameplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Anyone think we will run more against the ravens ? i seriously doubt it and iam okay with it . The ravens are good against the run so there no point in running for 1 or 2 yard running plays and i dont think BB will do that.
In fact i see a lot of throwing against both ravens and steelers games. So i guess we should be ready for less maroney in the coming weeks.

Maroney needs to spend his week practicing his receiving skills. Every time he comes into the game, the D is stacking the box against the run, since the Pats rarely throw it when Maroney lines up back there. Brady's ridiculous play-action passing stats are another indication of this - when they DO throw with Maroney in the game, it seems to catch the defenses off guard.

Maroney didn't do himself any favors last night, dropping the only pass thrown his way. If he can't make himself into a viable receiver, he's going to continue to have guys in his face behind the line of scrimmage on his rushing attempts. I think Philly run-blitzed more than 50% of the time when he was in the backfield last night.

Ravens Gameplan: Pain!

Seriously, I think we'll see a much better Patriots team next week. Belichick will have an extra day to jump all over the defense and the offensive tackles for the crappy game that they played. Hopefully, we can get a big win and carry it into the Steelers game to basically wrap up home-field advantage.

From what I understand, Trevor Pryce is out and Ed Reed is very banged up.

Anyone think we will run more against the ravens ? i seriously doubt it and iam okay with it . The ravens are good against the run so there no point in running for 1 or 2 yard running plays and i dont think BB will do that.
In fact i see a lot of throwing against both ravens and steelers games. So i guess we should be ready for less maroney in the coming weeks.

If we do run, it will be draw plays to keep the Ravens thinking it could be a pass.

The Raven's have the second best rushing D. I would expect the same shotgun formation as last night all game. Welker having another 10+ receptions. Hopefully Stallworth and Moss can get open and not drop the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes