PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens fans pulling NO Respect Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the Ravens trolls?

I don't consider myself a troll but I am a Ravens fan. I applied for membership on Monday and didn't get approved until this morning, so, if that was the norm this week, maybe that's why there haven't been many Balt fans posting.

My hometown has a bit of an Inferiority Complex, so the "no respect" card is a usual player in our deck. Being so close to DC, we feel overlooked, no doubt similar to your rivalry with NY. The only disrespect that I personally notice is from the oddsmakers (couldn't care less what the talking heads have to say, honestly), and I think that is one of the few off-the-field things that the Ravens players see and get fired up about. They knew they were big 'dogs at Denver, and felt dissed because of it. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes it's a moot point.

I guess they think they're above that. This morning, lurking on one of the Ray Lewis-worshipping, i.e. Ravens, boards, I got a chuckle out of this tag line from a longtime poster (in bold print):

We are the Ravens! Classy, tough, and humble!. :nooo:

To me trolls come on and make irrational comments. I welcome fans from other teams as long as they are here to be rational and respectful.

I don't consider myself a troll but I am a Ravens fan. I applied for membership on Monday and didn't get approved until this morning, so, if that was the norm this week, maybe that's why there haven't been many Balt fans posting.

Wow, that is a long wait. Our admin folks must be on vacation?.....

The only disrespect that I personally notice is from the oddsmakers

That is foolish. The line is simply set to get even betting. It doesn't mean one team is 9 points better..........except here.;)

My hometown has a bit of an Inferiority Complex, so the "no respect" card is a usual player in our deck. Being so close to DC, we feel overlooked, no doubt similar to your rivalry with NY. The only disrespect that I personally notice is from the oddsmakers (couldn't care less what the talking heads have to say, honestly), and I think that is one of the few off-the-field things that the Ravens players see and get fired up about. They knew they were big 'dogs at Denver, and felt dissed because of it. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes it's a moot point.

Shouldn't have taken that long to become a member on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your hometown's inferiority complex is well deserved. The reality of the matter is that you live in a city where punks like Marlowe Stanfield can walk free because of police malfeasance. A city where a "jury of his peers" let Clay Davis walk because they bought his Robin hood defense, SHEEEEIIIT, even I didn't buy that load of crap. A city where the unions and the Greek and russian drug dealers work hand in hand with each other to pollute the streets and the good guys who rob drug dealers get murdered by 8 year olds with handguns and the most heinous criminals get rich. Christ, your city is so slimy that a cop like McNulty can fake serial murders and the press gets awards for their pieces covering the fake crimes. Those are just the facts, you people really need to get real. Don't come crying to us about your city's complexes until you clean up you act Baltimore.

Patriots 35 Ravens 17

RIP Earl

Welcome to the board BMann.

So who do you like?

You must have been overlooked, because we have had a couple trolls here this week. I've seen nothing but solid posts from you. You're welcome here as far as I'm concerned.

But I think Balt is getting a lot of love in the media as the week goes on. We'll just have to see on Sunday, I guess.

Your hometown's inferiority complex is well deserved. The reality of the matter is that you live in a city where punks like Marlowe Stanfield can walk free because of police malfeasance. A city where a "jury of his peers" let Clay Davis walk because they bought his Robin hood defense, SHEEEEIIIT, even I didn't buy that load of crap. A city where the unions and the Greek and russian drug dealers work hand in hand with each other to pollute the streets and the good guys who rob drug dealers get murdered by 8 year olds with handguns and the most heinous criminals get rich. Christ, your city is so slimy that a cop like McNulty can fake serial murders and the press gets awards for their pieces covering the fake crimes. Those are just the facts, you people really need to get real. Don't come crying to us about your city's complexes until you clean up you act Baltimore.

Patriots 35 Ravens 17

RIP Earl

claydavis.jpg

Shiieeet...don't hate a playa. Hate the game.

Patriots 35 Ravens 17

RIP Earl

So I take it you're not planning a trip to Baltimore any time soon?

So I take it you're not planning a trip to Baltimore any time soon?

Haven't been back since Omar and I took Stringer Bell out. Man had it coming.

I find it kinda that both fanbases are playing the "media is against us" card

Patriots 35 Ravens 17

RIP Earl

Where do you live Ivan?

I bet I can cherry-pick a long list of social and legal injustices from wherever has the misfortune to house the likes of you and combine them with a string of pejorative hyperbole and make it seem like a real slimy place to live as well.

Actually, don't tell me where you live. I probably have a good idea. I'm sure you move to wherever Welker is living at the moment. Stalking made easier.

I mean, honestly, Baltimore (and the wider state of Maryland) aren't necessarily choice places to live. I try to keep out of that discussion though, unless I'm dealing with a troll. BMann doesn't seem like a troll to me. :confused2:

Patriots 35 Ravens 17

RIP Earl

Brilliant!

It's hard to play the No Respect Card when your team isn't the one in last four getting the most disrespect. Atlanta wins that one heads down (strange that Smith hasn't fired the team up on that yet).

I think that both the Ravens and Patriots are getting slightly disrespected, especially on the defensive side. The offensive side seems to pair them together for some reason (oh yes, the Ravens deep ball). The media are in orgasmic frenzy over Kaerpernick and Jim Harbaugh, the latest and greatest QB and HC, set to rule for the next decade. If I had to grade the percentage of disrespect it would be:

Atlanta 95%
Ravens 30%
Patriots 25%
49ers 0%

The betting line is a result of the lack of respect not the cause of it

Not all of us are trolls. Fact of the matter is, I can pick and choose threads on your board where fans post silly things.

In the same thread you highlighted, every other poster called him out on how ridiculous his argument was. But hey, that doesn't fit your argument I guess.

Patriots 35 Ravens 17

RIP Earl

Awesome post. You win the internet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing