PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens-Dolphins Game: Going to Upset the 14-0 vs 0-14 Dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaedalusX

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
After seeing how the Ravens just decided not show up against the Colts this past week, is anyone a little concerned that the Ravens might actually find a way to lose this one?

Worrisome:
  • Haloti Ngata is questionable
  • Samari Rolle is questionable (shoulder)
  • Todd Heap is questionable and hasn't play in weeks
  • Terrell Suggs is questionable (flu)
  • Daniel Wilcox is questionable (toe/ankle)
  • Willis McGahee is probable (foot) after suffering an injury against Indy
  • Demetrius Williams is out
  • Chris McAlister placed on IR
  • Baltimore is favored, but the spread is -3
  • Baltimore is playing at Miami
  • Kyle Boller is starting

If there's one team that I could see being too ego-centric to show up to play or prepare to play, it's the Ravens going into this game. Factor in injuries and I'm seriously concerned about this game turning into Miami's first win.

I'm sure they'll put up a fight as no one wants to be the team that gives Miami its first (only) win of the season, but I wonder if they'll go into it overconfident or just not even bother if they get down early, accepting it as a meaningless victory this far into the season and with no playoff hopes.

So will pride and emotion win out and guarantee the win, is Miami so atrocious that Baltimore would have to literally not take the field to lose or is there potential for an upset?

I'm really aching for the 14-0 vs 0-14 match-up and hearing Don Shula's "thoughts" on the matter as we watch what will undoubtedly be the most disproportionate loss in league history (unless Belichick takes his foot off the gas late in the... uh, second...), but I have serious concerns the Ravens might spoil that dream.

What do you all think?

I've been thinking this week that the Fins could do it this week. The Ravens were awful against the Colts, just downright putrid. I think they may have lost their hearts this season after their meltdown against us.

When I saw how the Ravens looked against the Colts, I pegged this as the game the Fins get off the schnide.

I see a low scoring defensive game that the Phins could win at the end. The Ravens have packed it in for the season.

If they care they coud win. Shula and Mercury Morris should dress up as cheerleaders for this one ... actually the entire crew that has that stupid champagne toast every year should do this.

This is one of those pride games people talk about. Do the Ravens want to be the only team to lose to the Fins? We'll see. At the same time, this is Miami's best chance to get a win. I hope we get to watch. Should be a good game...really.

This could be one of those games where the defenses outscore the offenses... by a lot.

I say McGahee plays and rolls up 150 yards on the Dolphins. This game shouldn't even be close except for a lot of injuries/mia/flu affected Ravens players.

*sigh*

I guess I called it. And that really pisses me off. At least the Pats won, however ugly it was. Here's hoping the high-flying attack resurfaces next week against the Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes