PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raven's Breshad Perriman may miss the entire season, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last year the Ravens’ first-round draft pick, wide receiver Breshad Perriman, missed the entire season with a knee injury. This year it could happen again.

Perriman suffered a partially torn ACL in his left knee, ESPN reports. Perriman will visit Dr. James Andrews on Monday and may need season-ending surgery.

That’s a huge blow to Perriman, who missed his rookie season with a partially torn PCL in his right knee.

Ravens’ Breshad Perriman injures knee, could miss season

Poor bastard is going down the Steve Emtman path...

He has my sympathy. Best wishes for both the best of news and a complete recovery.

I feel for him you cant pick who drafts you.
Looks like a epic bust yet again by the infallable ozzie newsome

infallable ozzie newsome

2012-SB
2013-missed playoffs
2014- AFC Divisional
2015- missed playoffs

Not Cleveland but he really needs to make the playoffs this year or I think the GM (or Harbaugh) has a very short leash.

Feel bad for the kid, but it is karmic retribution for the Ravens organization. Almost like, you know, losing a first round pick.

Feel bad for the kid, but it is karmic retribution for the Ravens organization. Almost like, you know, losing a first round pick.

Only 30 more to go.

Last edited:
I echo Deus' classy comments about it being a damn shame, and it certainly is. That said, this could be big news for a team who I thought had done a decent job of improving their WR options (including his return, of course), and who I expect to be something of a pain in the ass again after a bad luck season.

As others have mentioned, no one here is losing any sleep over their loss, and while I would never wish injury upon anyone, the fact that it was the Ravens balances something out for me.

2012-SB
2013-missed playoffs
2014- AFC Divisional
2015- missed playoffs

Not Cleveland but he really needs to make the playoffs this year or I think the GM (or Harbaugh) has a very short leash.

Going to respectfully disagree with you here, RW. Even the 2013 missed postseason came down to the last week or two, so I wouldn't see a need to make wholesale changes, myself.

I think it would take more than "just" missing out on the postseason for Harbaugh to lose his job. I think they'd have to completely tank again, and even last year's debacle could be blamed in part on major injuries (Suggs, Flacco, Smith, Perriman) and bad luck (Blown call at the end of the JAX game which the NFL acknowledged, along with some other very close games and bad bounces). I couldn't imagine a GM like Ozzie Newsome's job being in jeopardy, either way. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Going to respectfully disagree with you here, RW. Even the 2013 missed postseason came down to the last week or two, so I wouldn't see a need to make wholesale changes, myself.

I think it would take more than "just" missing out on the postseason for Harbaugh to lose his job. I think they'd have to completely tank again, and even last year's debacle could be blamed in part on major injuries (Suggs, Flacco, Smith, Perriman) and bad luck (Blown call at the end of the JAX game which the NFL acknowledged, along with some other very close games and bad bounces). I couldn't imagine a GM like Ozzie Newsome's job being in jeopardy, either way. Just my humble opinion, of course.

You may easily be right. Overall BAL is a well-run organization. As much a I despise Harbaugh he seems to get the most out of that bunch and I do think Ozzie is a good GM.

At the end of the day it comes down to how long Bisciotti is willing to deal with mediocrity.

I'm also not suggesting that if they miss the playoffs in 2016 heads will roll. Last year was injury-filled with those guys. However if they come up empty in 2016 with a healthy squad, 2017 will be interesting.

I hope they keep spinning that way too. And I'm sure, knowing those two, they both will. No way they accept any blame.

Team got lucky with jump ball joe on a rookie contract and a league emphasis on DPI, Good vets hungry for a SB, and some good hit rate on draft picks. Now the vets are gone, the picks are drying up, draft luck has evened out, JBJ is making 20M, and with it any positional depth, and the room for error is gone. Which injuries just brought to light.

I feel bad for the kid as that will set you back from a growth (NFL knowledge) and even how you try to perform.

On the other hand, I hear they have the best TE squad in the NFL so they don't need too many WRs.

2012-SB
2013-missed playoffs
2014- AFC Divisional
2015- missed playoffs

I don't know about that, they are two of the best. Would have to be another 4-12 or worse to start thinking.

Rick Smith still has a job.. I think ole Ozzie is just fine.

Ozzie would be scooped up in a second if let go.
Harbaugh as well I think Harbaugh is a b- coach.
Luckily ours is a A plus

Ozzie would be scooped up in a second if let go.
Harbaugh as well I think Harbaugh is a b- coach.
Luckily ours is a A plus

And just like Ozzie would be snapped up if he was available, all of the hypocritical would would fighting each other tooth and nail to sign BB, if our "cheating" HC became available.

And leading the charge for BB would be the Omissioner himself, doing whatever was necessary to ensure he became HC of the Rats.

Last edited:
I feel for him you cant pick who drafts you.
Looks like a epic bust yet again by the infallable ozzie newsome

Are you Knocking Ozzie? Hes got 2 rings as an executive, Been too the playoffs many times. Certainly one of the most successful teams since the year 2000. Every team has busts. As for Perriman, feel bad for the player, **** the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back