PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Are 3-4 Since Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens defense is top 10 no more.FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

They can be gashed via the run. Ridely, Woodhead and Vereen (and maybe Bolden) will have some running room. If the run game gets going, Bradys play action will slice and dice the Ravens up. Im not concerned about missing Gronk the way Vereen has been playing in the pass game. Lloyd, Welker, Vereen, Hernandez and Woody is more than the Ravens can handle in the passing game.

Last edited:
Dont think the 3-4 record really matters anymore. Giants from last few seasons are a great example. Its a one game season. Doesnt really matter anymore. Plus its about matchups and both teams are familiar with each other like division teams and like any division game , records go out of the window.

another stat that is meaningless...going 3-4 after thanksgiving

Why is it that patriots are never deemed "hot"? We won our last game too... Is it because we were projected to win? When are we not? We can't be playing good football if we win?

Thank god, the Ravens record is a lot more like the 2007/2011 Giants than the 2007/2011 Patriots :)

The Giants went 3-3 regular season (5-3 both times going into the NFCCG) after Thanksgiving both years.

No one has been close to 1-4 (3-4 going into a CG).

No one has gone into a Conference Championship game with a losing record in their last 7 games and won in this CENTURY. That goes back 12 straight years and possibly more, since I didn't go back farther.

In no way does it mean an automatic victory for the Pats. But to ignore it is foolish.

There are a few folks who are being lazy and using witticisms to knock that fact.

Last edited:
Dont think the 3-4 record really matters anymore. Giants from last few seasons are a great example. Its a one game season. Doesnt really matter anymore. Plus its about matchups and both teams are familiar with each other like division teams and like any division game , records go out of the window.

No. They aren't a great example. See above post.

Last edited:
The Giants went 3-3 regular season (5-3 both times going into the NFCCG) after Thanksgiving both years.

No one has gone into a Conference Championship game with a losing record in their last 7 games and won in this CENTURY. That goes back 12 straight years and possibly more, since I didn't go back farther.

In no way does it mean an automatic victory for the Pats. But to ignore it is foolish.

There are a few folks who are being lazy and using witticisms to knock that fact.

I have to agree. What they did in the regular season doesn't matter now, particularly down the stretch? Then how do we explain all of us, and everyone on the planet for that matter, saying we would blow out the Texans because that is what we did in the regular season? What we did recently didn't matter at all? I beg to differ. Wasn't Baltimore in position to get the No. 2 seed until they went into their own tailspin, ala Houston?

What about their post-season wins? We put up 59 on Indy. They didn't manage close to that. We beat Denver by 10 when our D (and our O for that matter) was still in flux. They had to rely on a last second Hail Mary and an overtime mistake by Peyton Manning to pull that one out, giving up 35 points in the process. How well have they really played?

I agree with Shmessy that while it certainly doesn't guarantee a Pats victory and we have to bring our A game, it certainly bodes well for us.

Bengals game the Ravens took out their starters so toss that one out.

Injuries are not to be ignored... as teams get healthier they get better.. so that timing has to be examined.

Two games were lost by 3 points.. one in overtime (Redskins).. both could have gone either way..

Very important to look behind the numbers before drawing inference..

I hope Ravens fans have their DVR's set this Sunday, they are going to want to have ray's final game recorded even if it is a loss.

Bengals game the Ravens took out their starters so toss that one out.

Injuries are not to be ignored... as teams get healthier they get better.. so that timing has to be examined.

Two games were lost by 3 points.. one in overtime (Redskins).. both could have gone either way..

Very important to look behind the numbers before drawing inference..

Learning how to win in the clutch is crucial, though.

Good for them that they did it last Sunday. But winning is winning.

Alot of Ravens fans point to the September win over the Pats. One point - - and a very specious kick to do it. I'm not taking anything away from the Ravens. They won.

Ah I was just throwing a little guff at you. I don't seriously believe it is better to play poorly after Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes