PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens after-loss trash talk begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tom Brady seminar

I've been looking online all night for this. Where the hell do we sign up for this seminar. :cool:

The criminal Ravens will have a tougher row to hoe from here on in. BB may have exposed a weakness in their pass defense and with Michael Oher. BB has a way of doing that and team that lose to the Patriots suddenly find themselves with some serious holes that are exploited by other teams.

Baltimore Sun :Brady is whiner/weasel

Ravens Insider: Five Things We Learned in the Ravens' 23-20 loss - Baltimore Ravens news, schedule, analysis and opinion from Mike Preston, Jamison Hensley, Edward Lee and Ken Murray - baltimoresun.com

Tom Brady is a great quarterback who makes big plays in crucial moments. If I had one game to win, and the fate of the world depended on it, I might pick him to be my quarterback. Now, all that said, let me also point out that he's turned into the one of the game's biggest whiners.

I'll make this brief. I really don't care about Brady's ridiculous haircut. If he wants to look like David Cassidy on The Partridge Family, or as Bill Simmons pointed out, like he and Gisele are way, waaaay too into HBO's True Blood, that's his business. It would actually be fun to have a long-haired quarterback in a league so rigid about conformity.

Brady%20hair.jpg Cassidy.jpg True%20Blodd%20Moyer.jpg

But the little tantrums he throws and cheap shots he takes when he doesn't get his way are getting ridiculous. Leave that to Philip Rivers, please.

Neither Jim Nantz nor Phil Simms saw it, so it didn't get much attention on the television broadcast, but in the first half, on the reverse to Brandon Tate, Brady clearly tried to dive at Terrell Suggs' knee when Suggs was well behind the play. I'm not even positive Suggs saw it happen, because Brady mostly missed, but for a guy who had a major knee injury of his own, that was bush league. Yes, I know it's borderline legal, but it's weak. And I'd say the same thing if Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Joe Flacco did it. He tried to do it again in the second half to Dawan Landry on a similar play, but thought better of it.

Between his intentionally low knee blocks and Brandon Meriweather's blatant spearing of Todd Heap, it was not exactly the Pats' finest hour. (I still can't believe Meriweather wasn't ejected. He should have been. It was reminiscent of some of Chuck Cecil's dirtiest work. He'll likely be heavily fined.) Boston media reports were claiming Michael Oher punched someone at the bottom of a pile and it went unnoticed, and though I didn't see it, I don't have a hard time believing it because he had to be frustrated by how poorly he was playing. But quarterbacks should be above that kind of nonsense. Especially Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

I'm sure if asked about it, Brady would stand there with a bit of a smirk on his face and say it's his job to make sure no one trails the play from behind, and that he's a football player, and his job is to get the guy blocked however he can. But if that's the case, then he shouldn't be flapping his arms like a drowning flamingo, and throwing a complete tantrum when Haloti Ngata hits him in the chest while he's throwing the ball because he wants a flag for a phantom roughing the passer. It's just absurd to beg the referees for special treatment — including pointing at his knee a year ago and asking the referee to throw the flag when Suggs grazed him — but then feeling like it's OK to dive at Suggs knee when he's not looking.

This isn't the Brady I once defended in every debate about him and Peyton Manning and, in general, greatly admired from afar. This version is a weasel.

(Now, perhaps some goof named Sully will read this column and blast me on a Boston radio show this week, but I'll take solace in the fact that, deep down, he — and maybe even Brady — will know I'm telling the truth.)
anyone see the play on suggs ?

Re: Baltimore Sun :Brady is whiner/weasel

I did, and it was the type of block you see every quarterback in the NFL try to throw because blocks aren't their normal jobs, he just sort of fell down and tried to make Suggs have to leapfrog over him.

Just typical loser squealing.

I did, and it was the type of block you see every quarterback in the NFL try to throw because blocks aren't their normal jobs, he just sort of fell down and tried to make Suggs have to leapfrog over him.

Just typical loser squealing.

I agree. Would have never been mentioned if the Ravens had won the game. I didnt think it was a big deal at all.

Brady was in front of the play and made a perfectly legal block...This is just another Baltimoron upset about the natural order of things....Pats 6 wins Baltimore 1:D:D

When ngata hit him he did get really mad. Legal hit, couldn't figure that one out. Not like he pile drove him or hit him in the head even.

Then later ngata sacked him and made sure he just tossed him by the jersey on the ground without touching him. Ngata is a beast!

Brady does whine a bit...from the jawing at the stealer's safety, to the rtp penalty last year agains the ravens, and now the long girly hair. He would get more respect if he talked less.

The block on suggs wasn't really a block, kind of a whiff/fall on the ground thing.

Oher can do whatever he wants, cause he's a lineman, and TFB can't even talk trash cause he's a HOF QB.
What did Ray Lewis say last year?
"He's(Brady) a man, just like us" when whining about penalties on Brady.

I liked Brady getting in Suggs face but the hit was legal and I have no idea why he was looking for a flag. He looked like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum.

Last edited:

"Nothing to see here, keep moving, move along..."

I'm sure there would be none of this if he was their QB. His block was very atypical of QB's in the NFL. The guy is just jealous. Flacco gets deer in the headlights with a three man rush, while Brady hits a guy for 9 receptions who has been back on the team for five mintues.

He didn't even touch Suggs. He kind of dove to the ground to get in Suggs way and make him jump over him. How ridiculous. it's kind of ironic how the whiny Ravens are always calling Brady whiny. Pot, meet kettle.

The irony is that the Ravens lead the world, not the league, the world in whiners. Every loss is someone's fault, but the someone is never one of them. What dinks.

I saw Brady 'dive' at Suggs' knee. It was a poorly executed chop/cut block. Brady had no intent to injure Suggs. I mean, what could a franchise QB even hope to accomplish by throwing his head at Suggs knee?

Brady was in front of Suggs, and went low to block. Brady whiffed. And it's not like Suggs was in some sort of vulnerable position, quite the opposite. He was in pursuit of the play and was watching things unfold in front of him.

Players chop block all the time. You see Patriots WRs do it all the time. It's proper technique to aim at a defender's hips/waist and land on your hands/knees to create an impassable hurdle for the defender. You then scamper on your hands and knees to where you want to be blocking. It's pretty effective when blocking in space because it changes the defenders angle and doesn't give him a change to blow past you.

I liked Brady getting in Suggs face but the hit was legal and I have no idea why he was looking for a flag. He looked like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum.

There was a Pats player pushed into Brady at the end of the play. I am sure he thought it was Suggs or another Ravens player, but it was his own man, so no flag.

His teammate got shoved into the side of his head. Brady had no idea who or what hit him in the head, he simply felt a blow to the head and probably assumed it was Suggs as that's who he saw running by as he went down.

The only worthwhile observation in this piece was what Belichick could do to the taliban in Afghanistan with 2 weeks to study clandestine satellite tape...;)

You don't know the rules?

1. Suggs can take all the cheap shots he wants and that includes trying to take out Brady's knee.
2. If anyone complains about him trying to take out the knees then complain that that person has the refs in their pocket, is whining, etc.
3. When someone takes out your knees than cry about it like there is no tomorrow.

So Brady is a weasel? But Suggs I guess is a stand up guy with his neverending trash talk after a loss. Oh yeah did I forgot to mention Ray-Ray murdered a guy.

His teammate got shoved into the side of his head. Brady had no idea who or what hit him in the head, he simply felt a blow to the head and probably assumed it was Suggs as that's who he saw running by as he went down.

Likely so

Suggs & Brady DO have a history with Suggs going low into Brady's knees last game.

Between his intentionally low knee blocks and Brandon Meriweather's blatant spearing of Todd Heap, it was not exactly the Pats' finest hour. (I still can't believe Meriweather wasn't ejected. He should have been. It was reminiscent of some of Chuck Cecil's dirtiest work. He'll likely be heavily fined.)

So much irony there from someone who reports on the Ravens :bricks: he follows the biggest cheap shot merchants in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back