PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens after-loss trash talk begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Zbikowski: Ravens will roll Patriots in the play-offs.

Actually, we played like complete crap on both offense and defense through three quarters. Having read the Ravens forums and what their players have been saying, it's almost like their in denial. This team did NOT play their best game. Brady misfired on a lot of throws and our offense shot themselves in the foot time and time again throughout the first half.

Complete denial. They can't admit that this defense, which has been blasted by pretty much everyone throughout the first quarter of the season, completely shut their asses down in the second half (and, more importantly, the fourth quarter). On top of that, Brady and the offense found their groove and, without any pressure from the Ravens, the Pats were able to pick them apart. They need to face facts, the better team today won. And no, I wouldn't mind playing them in the playoffs either.

I'm with you. I was in the chat complaining about our offense having an off-day and almost ready to give up on this game when we were down 20-10. :rolleyes:

They can say "we have the best receiver set in the league because they all caught 500+ passes," and even if that were true, I'd take Brady to Welker or Hernandez over Flacco to Boldin or Mason any day.
And they might have the better defense, but our defense knows how to make plays.

We have a better offense.
We have better special teams.
Our defense does well enough to hold up for the most part.

And even if their defense outperforms ours, our offense on a good day would make up for any losses on the defensive side.

We are a better team than the Ravens.

The Ravens had a great game, the Patriots had a poor game.
And we still won.

EDIT: Before I get attacked for saying we had a poor game, what I meant was that we can perform much better than we did on our good days. I.E.: Miami and Bengals.

Last edited:

Our young, inexperienced D will be better by playoff time. 'nuf ced.

All true IMO. The Pats were ripe for the picking today but the Ravens didn't seal the deal, hence the frustration. It echoes the 2007 game when they could have broken the streak but didn't. And it's true that the Ravens didn't make enough stops, they had some inopportune three and outs, and those penalties really hurt them. To me, not to belabor the obvious, that was a great, playoff atmosphere game with mental errors on both sides (hello there, AH), but the Pats had more answers: Woodhead and Branch, on a day when Welker and BJGE were controlled.

Bottom line: whether they're petulant, mentally soft nd undisciplined, or just unlucky, I don't really want to see these guys in the playoffs.

The Ravens are legitimately considered a top 5 team in the NFL. A very good D and a good offense. This game was a slugfest, and the Pats left with the win. All the trash talking doesn't change what the Ravens are in the end, and that is a formidable team on any NFL team schedule. The Pats showed something to win this one.

As far as rematches, with all things considered the way the season ended last year, I'd like to see it.

In the end, we leave this game 4-1 and they leave it 4-2. I'll take that any day of the week. So talk all the trash you want. You know you weren't facing a team that was playing their best today, and they still shut you down when it mattered the most.

Right....just think dude, the next time you seem them this young team will have atleast 16 games under the belt worth of experience.

The Patriots get better week to week. They will soak up knowledge and experience as the seasons go by. Dynasty is on the horizon again, the rest of the league's window of opportunity is closing as the players and draft picks mature. The Shroud of the red white and blue will once again cast itself over the NFL for years to come.

You can see the Defense improving every single game. The Run defense today was solid against one of the leagues top runningbacks. We also scored 23 points against supposedly one of the leagues best defenses.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Baltimore Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski is a former prizefighter and looked like he'd just climbed into a ring. A black, hooded sweatshirt obscured his face while he meandered aimlessly in a corner of the Gillette Stadium visitors' locker room, talking out loud to nobody after playing the New England Patriots on Sunday.

Zbikowski muttered a run-on sentence about the Patriots having two weeks to prepare with a bye week and still barely beat the Ravens at home and needed their best performance to do it and just wait until the playoffs, when the Ravens will roll them again, just like they did last year in the same building and ...

That's what Tom Brady can do to his opponents, leave them talking to themselves after a game they thought they should've won but didn't.

There was a lot of that in the Championship run, remember how so many teams thought they should beat us, but they didnt, the Steelers, Colts..

Complete denial. They can't admit that this defense, which has been blasted by pretty much everyone throughout the first quarter of the season, shut their asses down in the second half (and, more importantly, the fourth quarter). On top of that, Brady and the offense found their groove and, without any pressure from the Ravens, the Pats were able to pick them apart. They need to face facts, the better team today won. And no, I wouldn't mind playing them in the playoffs either.

Actually this denial is the same thing I felt in the second half of the jets game. We outplayed them in the 1st half but their d dominated in the 2nd half. I still feel we can beat them if Brady hadn't hadn't tried to force feed Moss. So predictable we were.

It's called heart. The Ravens had great heart but it gave out in OT. The Pats heart never stoped and now the Ravens are talking.

There was a lot of that in the Championship run, remember how so many teams thought they should beat us, but they didnt, the Steelers, Colts..

I am always reminded of the fact that the team/HC that gave the 2001 Pats the most respect was Mike Martz after the Rams beat the then 5-5 Patriots. Martz said that they were the best team the Rams had played all year.

Ravens players shouldn't be trash talking. They should be asking themselves why they couldn't close the deal. For about 2/3 of the game, the Ravens were able to move the ball almost at will, and were able to shut down the Patriots offense. Instead of opening a sizable lead, they let the Patriots hang around.

Like the Dolphins a couple of weeks ago, and the Patriots against the Jets, the Ravens found out what can happen when you keep frittering away opportunities to knock out your opponent.

sigh...i actually like almost all of the raven's players and their team, but why must they always talk **** after each loss? Do they EVER lose because they didn't play a good game, or is it just some random factor (or ref) that caused them to lose?

Sheesh, man up, admit you lost to a better team (at least today) and move on.

It's exactly because of their usual bullying & b!tching that you should despise the Murderers (allegedly), their HC & their enabling, clueless fans.

OTOH, that Haloti Ngata is unreal. Cleveland really Effed up when they drafted Kamerion Wimbley instead of this beast.

Don't fret Ray and Terrell. You guys will always be the World Champions of excuse-making.

Last edited:
It's exactly because of their usual bullying & b!tching that you should despise the Murderers (allegedly), their HC & their enabling, clueless fans.

OTOH, that Haloti Ngata is unreal. Cleveland really Effed up when they drafted Kamerion Wimbley instead of this beast.
And Miami REALLY F'd up when they took Ted Ginn Jr. over Ngata.

And Revis.

And Willis.

I'm just amazed they aren't blaming the refs this time. I swear that team has never legitimately lost a game in their eyes.

They can't blame the refs because even THEY know the Ravens got the calls today rather than the Pats.

Ngata is the best player on that team. Dudes a beast. Hes the only person that can bring the talk.

Actually, we played like complete crap on both offense and defense through three quarters. Having read the Ravens forums and what their players have been saying, it's almost like their in denial. This team did NOT play their best game. Brady misfired on a lot of throws and our offense shot themselves in the foot time and time again throughout the first half.

Complete denial. They can't admit that this defense, which has been blasted by pretty much everyone throughout the first quarter of the season, shut their asses down in the second half (and, more importantly, the fourth quarter). On top of that, Brady and the offense found their groove and, without any pressure from the Ravens, the Pats were able to pick them apart. They need to face facts, the better team today won. And no, I wouldn't mind playing them in the playoffs either.

Greetings,
I have a hard time respecting Ravens. It seems like for the past five years, after every Ravens loss, the whole linebacking core either blames the refs or refuses to give the other team credit whatsoever to the other team. I am with you, I hope the Patriots play them in the Playoffs and the Patriots blow them out.
Peace,
Celticboy04

The Tom Brady seminar

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Terrell-Suggs-and-Tom-Brady-have-a-conversation.html

Terrell Suggs was asked about the heated conversation he had with Brady. Here's what he said they talked about:

"He was trying to tell me how to bag a Hollywood actress," Suggs said of Brady, who's married to super model and actress Gisele Bundchen. "He was like, 'Sizzle, if you want to get a Hollywood actress, take my seminar on Saturday.'"

Suggs stuck with his story when it was suggested that the chat didn't look friendly.

"You have to read his lips," Suggs said. "We were going over the Dow, the economy and politics. We really don't talk football out there."

It'd be hilarious if Suggs grew out his hair like Brady. But at least Suggs kept it on the field and between him and Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes