PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rate your favorite Pat's picks in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
binky order

hightower
bequette
dennard
jones
ebert
wilson
ebner

Hightower, he can play so many positions. Hes explosive, a very hard hitter, he just flattens people when he hits them.

Jones, can only think of One time BB has missed on a first round pick. I don't know much about him except what ive seen on highlight tapes, but i'm not buying hes JPP or Aldon Smith...Yet

Dennard, sounds like a hard hitting CB that can cover. Think his stock dropped after he punched that cop. But i haven't anywhere read that he has any history other than this one incident.

Bequette, really like what i read and see of this guy. High motor quick first step relentless in pursuit. He maybe my binky even though Hightower is a beast.

The rest i don't know anything about.

1) Dennard - best value. A pick in the seventh who has a legitimate chance to start soon. Before the bowl game this year, when his value started to dive, he put up two years of exceptional play against very good competition that convinced everyone he was a top 25 player.

2) Hightower - safest pick. Barring injuries, I'll be shocked if he doesn't become a very good player. He just does too many things well.

3) Jones - highest upside. But we'll probably have to wait a bit to see it.

4) Bequette - has a chance to contribute right away. Good production, excellent measurables for his position, always plays hard - there are plenty of 1st-rounders you can't say those three things about.

5) Ebner - best story. Could develop into a great STer.

6) Ebert - may be too much duplication of what they already have. Upside is similar to a healthy Gonzalez. I'll be curious to see if he can play anywhere other than the slot.

7) Wilson - upside seems to be slightly more athletic James Sanders, and I don't think that's a compliment. I just don't see the playmaking ability in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes